Beep Beep Beep GONE

KT_haha

For those of you who are looking for this.

I hope this helps~

Please note, Do this at your own risk, as it might void the warranty on the combination meter. I did it on mine, and it works well, so I'm happy :D

post-312-1107572291_thumb.jpg

Unscrew the screw on top, then pull the plastic bits out.

post-312-1107572323_thumb.jpg

Unscrew the screw on the top then un-do the two clips at the bottom

remove the two harnesses connected to the top of the panel.

Then carefully take the panel out.

post-312-1107572335_thumb.jpg

The clips look like this and are on both left and right side

post-312-1107572346_thumb.jpg

Un-do the screws to remove the white lid, then you will see the PCB inside

post-312-1107572361_thumb.jpg

The Buzzer looks like this and is situated by the edge of the PCB, use a flat screw driver and reach under it, lightly lift it, and you'll see the buzzer lifts up easily.

Edited by KT_haha

it's all gone, the actual buzzer was removed, so now there's no beeping for reverse, key-in and light-on.

I like the headlight beeoer as then I don't run my battery flat

I like the reversing beeper as because it is a ****** place that reverse is ion the gear stem, I know I'm in it

I hate the key in beeper - but there is a simple plug inside the trim surrounding the sterring column in behind the ignition - I may be able to get photos if anybody is interested.

Doing this particular disconnection voids NO warranty as you are simply unplugging a cable.

DO THE MOD AS PER KT_haha IF YOU WISH however messing with the electrinics like that WILL void warranty should something **** up as a result (my way there is nothing that can **** up)

gee I got to curb my language!!!!!

it's all gone, the actual buzzer was removed, so now there's no beeping for reverse, key-in and light-on.

I like the headlight beeoer as then I don't run my battery flat

I like the reversing beeper as because it is a ****** place that reverse is ion the gear stem, I know I'm in it

I hate the key in beeper - but there is a simple plug inside the trim surrounding the sterring column in behind the ignition - I may be able to get photos if anybody is interested.

Doing this particular disconnection voids NO warranty as you are simply unplugging a cable.

DO THE MOD AS PER KT_haha IF YOU WISH however messing with the electrinics like that WILL void warranty should something **** up as a result (my way there is nothing that can **** up)

gee I got to curb my language!!!!!

yeah actually...i'm interested in disconnecting the cable for the beep beep sound...BUT ONLY FOR KEY IN BEEPER and nothing else....could u pls post instruction + photos

thanks

You should be lucky you have that beeper. Think about it, it may be annoying now, but it may save you ramming the car behind you (I have noticed when i test drove an Ultima that the Reverse is WAYY to close to first) at a traffic light, stops you from spending $150-$200 on a new battery every time you leave your lights on (unless you have a deep-cycle you can charge). Saves you $50 every time you lock your keys in your car (Cost of RAC Callout).

Mine has key-in and light buzzer and i am quite happy with it. And Also, be very greateful it doesnt have an outside buzzer like some of the new euro's do...

You should be lucky you have that beeper.  Think about it, it may be annoying now, but it may save you ramming the car behind you (I have noticed when i test drove an Ultima that the Reverse is WAYY to close to first) at a traffic light, stops you from spending $150-$200 on a new battery every time you leave your lights on (unless you have a deep-cycle you can charge).  Saves you $50 every time you lock your keys in your car (Cost of RAC Callout).

Mine has key-in and light buzzer and i am quite happy with it.  And Also, be very greateful it doesnt have an outside buzzer like some of the new euro's do...

Thankfully, the latest Rollas have the remote and key in the one unit, so extremely little chance of lock out ... I think its more so you don't leave the keys in the vehicle for some little dirtbag to come along and pinch it.

And can I just ask, why you would be in reverse at traffic lights??? :P

I have accidently found reverse instead of 1st on a couple of occasions when I've been a little eager and heavy handed with the change. In the Stivo the beeping starts as soon as you get into the Reverse slot of the box and not actually when you engage the gear, so acts as a good warning, I'll think I'll keep mine... but I can see how it would interupt the reverse sensor beeps.

When I put it into reverse, I can still hear two beeps from the reverse parking sensor, it indicates that the gear is in reverse and the sensors are activated, I think that is enough indication for me.

I have accidently found reverse instead of 1st on a couple of occasions when I've been a little eager and heavy handed with the change. In the Stivo the beeping starts as soon as you get into the Reverse slot of the box and not actually when you engage the gear, so acts as a good warning, I'll think I'll keep mine... but I can see how it would interupt the reverse sensor beeps.

When I put it into reverse, I can still hear two beeps from the reverse parking sensor, it indicates that the gear is in reverse and the sensors are activated, I think that is enough indication for me.

Funny how you guyz got the reverse beep and we dont :huh: We have the lights on beep ... now that I think about it ... I am glad we dont have a reverse beep :D

The loud beep really reminds me of the large trucks when they are reversing, my friends used to joke about it when they sit in the car :angry:

Funny how you guyz got the reverse beep and we dont :huh: We have the lights on beep ... now that I think about it ... I am glad we dont have a reverse beep :D

Edited by KT_haha

hey guys, just wonder if the reversing sensor/beeper come as a standard to the stivo or u have to pay extra for it? with the camry sportivo, its an option. Thanx!

Reversing beeper is standard, the sensors are not!!!

Edited by afyfe

• 4 years later...