few Questions Regarding My 2007 Aurion

Nader

Hi there ,

Dears , I’m having a huge concern regarding the oil that I’m using for my 2007 Aurion . since i reached 20k i started to use Castrol Edge 5W40 full synthetic and it seems to be fine with me . actually its recommended that i change this oil every 20k-25k but I’m preferring to replace the oil after 10-15k ( to be in the safe side ) . to be honest i checked the manual and i didn’t see this range of oil written there but at the same time , i saw Toyota Services using it for both Toyota and Lexus Cars including those having 2GR-FE 3.5 Engines . anyways , i have installed complete 2.5'' exhaust, 3'' K&N Intake , Magna Flow 2.25" Mufflers and removed the CATs from my headers . the car now has 240HP :spiteful: on Dyno and it seems to be fine so far with me ( i reached 80,000 KM now )

my Question is :rolleyes: ( hence I’m not facing any problem so far with this Oil , shall i keep using it , or for a long term it will affect my engine . )

my second question honestly , i bought a racing rings which is only 6.5Kg , and it looks amazing , I’m missing now the body kit and I’m really dreaming of having the TRD body kit but with no hope , i couldn't find any one sells it any where .

the last one :yahoo: ( have any1 of u heard about any of the modification companies already made a ceramic headers for our Aurion ????????

Edited by Nader

Dears , I’m having a huge concern regarding the oil that I’m using for my 2007 Aurion . since i reached 20k i started to use Castrol Edge 5W40 full synthetic and it seems to be fine with me . actually its recommended that i change this oil every 20k-25k but I’m preferring to replace the oil after 10-15k ( to be in the safe side ) . to be honest i checked the manual and i didn’t see this range of oil written there but at the same time , i saw Toyota Services using it for both Toyota and Lexus Cars including those having 2GR-FE 3.5 Engines.

... my Question is :rolleyes: ( hence I’m not facing any problem so far with this Oil , shall i keep using it , or for a long term it will affect my engine . )

For the 2GR-FE, you should be fine to use a 5W40 oil (lol, Castrol Edge, the official oil of Fast & Furious) however for the best overall economy, a ~W30 oil is recommended. Being only slightly thicker than 30 weight oil, you shouldn't experience and bad long term effects but with this engine being relatively new, you can't always be 100%. It's you're choice if you want to continue using it. If you feel that it does the job for you, then stick with it.

anyways , i have installed complete 2.5'' exhaust, 3'' K&N Intake , Magna Flow 2.25" Mufflers and removed the CATs from my headers . the car now has 240HP :spiteful: on Dyno and it seems to be fine so far with me ( i reached 80,000 KM now )

Please, please, please post some pics and even your dyno graph if you can. It's not that I don't believe you, but I don't believe you until I see it. Probably because Ash (SecaBoy) here got 248HP at the wheels and he has a TRD Aurion.

my second question honestly , i bought a racing rings which is only 6.5Kg , and it looks amazing , I’m missing now the body kit and I’m really dreaming of having the TRD body kit but with no hope , i couldn't find any one sells it any where .

Once again... photos please. I want to see this amazing look. As for the TRD kit, you aren't going to find anyone in Australia who sells it except for Toyota, and even still, it may be somewhat impossible to buy. Try looking into getting a TRD kit from Thailand if you want it.

the last one :yahoo: ( have any1 of u heard about any of the modification companies already made a ceramic headers for our Aurion ???????

I am yet to hear of anyone who makes performance stuff specifically for the Aurion; with the exception of K&N and Fujita (even they are questionable when the word 'performance' comes into play).

anyways , i have installed complete 2.5'' exhaust, 3'' K&N Intake , Magna Flow 2.25" Mufflers and removed the CATs from my headers . the car now has 240HP :spiteful: on Dyno and it seems to be fine so far with me ( i reached 80,000 KM now )

Please, please, please post some pics and even your dyno graph if you can. It's not that I don't believe you, but I don't believe you until I see it. Probably because Ash (SecaBoy) here got 248HP at the wheels and he has a TRD Aurion.

YES YES YES please let show us photos and I would like details of where you to get it and how much it cost.

Once again... photos please. I want to see this amazing look. As for the TRD kit, you aren't going to find anyone in Australia who sells it except for Toyota, and even still, it may be somewhat impossible to buy. Try looking into getting a TRD kit from Thailand if you want it.

Please see http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=18977 if you are interested in Thailand kit.

Dear DKOR

thank you a lot for your quick relaxing reply , i felt kinda of relaxed coz of what you wrote :)

let me explain now what i did exactly .

a famous Auto Local Magazine compared the V6 Aurion with the New Generation of the Honda Accord 2008 V6 . during their comparison they run a dyno test for both cars , the stock aurion did 210 HP ( as you know it depends also on many factors , Temp , humidity , etc )

from this point , i get really excited ( FWD , 1625 KG with this HP , can do a lot with minor modification )

i went to a custom made exhaust shop , i asked them to take out the headers , remove the whole CATS out of it , then make a Y-pipe with 2.5" from connected from the headers till the end .

carsclub_58098438.jpg

at the end i added 2 magna flow 2.25'' mufflers ( 240 USD each one )

carsclub_17349859.jpg

the total cost was ( pipe + installing of the mufflers + the mufflers = 1120 $ USD

carsclub_45240190.jpg

during my trip 8 months ago to Malaysia KL , i found a place in which i can find cheap Japanese rims , i checked them , i liked them then i bought them for only 800 $USD including every thing

carsclub_69692769.jpg

i ordered from the InterNet K&N Camry 3.5L Intake with total cost 400 USD $ including the shipment

carsclub_30260880.jpg

carsclub_19130446.jpg

my friend has the same car with exact modefication , but he ordered TRD Exhaust insted of the custom made , he toke his ride to the Dyno and he informed me about the sheet results . infact i was thinking the same hence that such modefication can give you 20-30 extra HP

in the gulf area , the Auion does a lot of good amazing work against many cars ( Altima 3.5 SE MT , SS Holden 5.7 L , Hemi Charger 5.7 L , G35 Infiniti , etc ) but with the Chevy 6L L98 ( which called G8 Lumina , we have no hope at all :angry: )

thank you a lot again for your nice pro post and please feel free to ask anything you want to ask .

regards

Engineer Nader

Edited by Nader

Thanks mate. Surely by removing those cats and modifying the exhaust as such, you car would have given you a check engine light (CEL/MIL). Did you put in any electronics to cancel that out?

As well, light weight rims seem like a nice idea.

Thanks mate. Surely by removing those cats and modifying the exhaust as such, you car would have given you a check engine light (CEL/MIL). Did you put in any electronics to cancel that out?

As well, light weight rims seem like a nice idea.

honestly i didn’t get any Check/Engine after installing the Pipes at all , hence I’m not touching the headers sensors . i got this sign after installing the Intake , i turned off the car and retuned it on . the sign disappeared

by the way I went to the dealer and asked them whether such modification , will make me lose the warranty , they said no , it’s a good thing to keep them always by your side.

regarding the rims ( Honestly , in ML , INDO , THAI , and HK ) you can find a lot of amazing high quality Rims with ver low prices compared to those sold in Aus , ME , USA , and UK

regarding the sound ( waas its amazing even thought i does'nt sound like Japs cars , its almost close to V8 American . i will try to post some sounds really soon .

frankly Speaking the best sound ever for 3.5 Jap car , i heard it from my friend 3.5SE altima waaaaaaw its a racing car 100 %

thank you again for your good help

regards

well, i'm jealous and shocked that the check engine light didnt come on... :(

congrats though... i believe you're the first person to successfully change the y-pipe... :)

:o im wondering how many of you have tried it and they faced this problem ?????

i did this change in a car shop called FOX ( its German but Locals are working there ) . they toke a good care of the Headers Sensors , by the way , most of my friends who are owning SE3.5 Altima faced the sign when they replaced the Headers but nothing wrong with that , its normal

by the way guys , i have toke a short clip of the External sound ( its 22 sec but guess what i forgot to change the mode of my CAM , and i did it using the HD mode , the clip is more than 66.6MB :blink: , i uploaded it in youtube at the end , i faild , but dont worry im trying right now and i will post it ASAP :)

thanks

والله ماتلعب يانادر ......ماشاء الله 240 حصان .....دامك خبره ...انا ودي مثلا اضيف اشياء ماتأثر على عمر السيارة ..مثل فلتر ...ودبة ...اتوقع نالها تأثير على السيارة ...لكن لو بضيف هيدرز ومثل هالاشياء اتوقع انها راح تأثر بالسيارة مستقبلا ...ايش رايك ايش اضيف ..انا ان شاء الله ناوي اشتري السيارة بالصيفية الجاية ...لكن احب اخذ معلومات سباقة قبل مااشتري ....

اذا ماتقدر ترد هنا ....تقدر ترد بشات المشرفين والاداريين ...انا عارف وين ...<<مع التحيــة ...

Mashallah...looks very good. Very well done. That Y-pipe modification has been discussed alot and now that you have successfully done it, a lot of people will for sure follow.

Regarding the body kit, I was able to get the Aurion Sportivo front skirt, rear skirt, and grille imported from Australia to Kuwait from a local Toyota dealership in Austarlia. It was very easy and a smooth transaction. All contact and transaction was done on email. It was quite expensive though with shipping cost being more than half of the total cost. My point is that it is doable. Just get contacts of a few Toyota dealers in Australia and send them emails with your inquiry and see who reply with the best price. May be someone on this board who is in Au can help you? :)

والله ماتلعب يانادر ......ماشاء الله 240 حصان .....دامك خبره ...انا ودي مثلا اضيف اشياء ماتأثر على عمر السيارة ..مثل فلتر ...ودبة ...اتوقع نالها تأثير على السيارة ...لكن لو بضيف هيدرز ومثل هالاشياء اتوقع انها راح تأثر بالسيارة مستقبلا ...ايش رايك ايش اضيف ..انا ان شاء الله ناوي اشتري السيارة بالصيفية الجاية ...لكن احب اخذ معلومات سباقة قبل مااشتري ....

اذا ماتقدر ترد هنا ....تقدر ترد بشات المشرفين والاداريين ...انا عارف وين ...<<مع التحيــة ...

dear Friend

thanks a lot for you reply , i have written for u what kind of CATBACK are there in the Market for Aurion

SLP , Borla , Magna Flow , HKS , Bassani , TRD . etc ( check plz my reply there ... )

the car in general is amazing compared to all V6 in the market ( Altima , Accord , ... etc ) so u better go ahead and buy the Aurion

regards

Engineer Nader

:( i got all excited cause i thought it was farsi.. but its not... its arabic... :(

both Langs are really closed in writting & they have a lot of common words in General ( anyways , i started to learn FARSI few months ago by watching several Music Chs

:yahoo:

Mashallah...looks very good. Very well done. That Y-pipe modification has been discussed alot and now that you have successfully done it, a lot of people will for sure follow.

Regarding the body kit, I was able to get the Aurion Sportivo front skirt, rear skirt, and grille imported from Australia to Kuwait from a local Toyota dealership in Austarlia. It was very easy and a smooth transaction. All contact and transaction was done on email. It was quite expensive though with shipping cost being more than half of the total cost. My point is that it is doable. Just get contacts of a few Toyota dealers in Australia and send them emails with your inquiry and see who reply with the best price. May be someone on this board who is in Au can help you? :)

thanks a lot man for your nice reply , by the way the sportivo Body kit , you can get it from KANOO in bahrain its there in the market with total price ( 1333 USD ) , im really looking for the TRD and i will follow what u said soon .

in General Shipment from AU to ME is very costly , i have a lot of friends shipping products weekly from Holden to ME and they are facing this issue . unlike Thai , ML , and INDO shippment from there will cost me only 5 USD per Kilo .

i found a whole plant for PU , and ABS products body kits in ML ( can u believe that it costs only 100 USD for the whole set ) but it wan't look that good so i didnt buy from them .

thanks again