PowerFC Conversion Harness

I present thee the パワーFC conversion harness.

harness100jpg.jpg

This fixes the poor idling issues with the air conditioning and electrical load as well as other minor compatibility issues.

Costs (in AUD) are;

• $600 with working factory temp gauge (pictured)

Postage Australia wide: $12.00

I also accept Paypal if you wish to pay that way. Make sure to add the 3.4% to the total value; (PayPal is a ripoff)PM for all payment details.

Any applicable taxes/duties are payable by the buyer.

The non working temp gauge option can be easily upgraded in the future without sending the harness back to me.

Updates:

• No longer using the black goop, now use a polycarbonate plate to attach the wire to
  • Changed the blade connectors for the temp sensor to something better

This has only been tested so far on the Australia delivered Sportivo (chassis code ZZE123R). Works fine on 03-05 models. For other markets send a photo of the factory ECU connectors showing both top and bottom of the wires in to the plug and I will look into any fitment issues.

Installation guide (coming)

Official Apexi PowerFC ZZT231 manual (Japanese, pdf)

Official Apexi PowerFC site (Japanese)

Unofficial PowerFC FAQ (English)

I used to encase mine in hotglue, I just found the plate method works out neater and then gives people something to grip onto instead of the loom when they're installing/removing the plugs

Sorry if i seem a little dumb, but with this harness is it the final product, like thats it, i connect this, buy a pfc and its all plug n play (minus the tuning) and if i want im able to put the stock ecu back in whenever i feel like without having to go to a tuner?

Cause if it is, im real keen on buying one.

CHA54 had pretty good commentry on the PowerFC in another thread, quoted it below.

PowerFC's do not have OBDII. They stream data serially upon request, but no knock control or active ignition advance/retard like a stock ECU. The most they can do is flash the check engine light if it hits the knock threashold set in the powerfc. You can use the powerfc hand controller for monitoring engine data but that's about all it's good for really. You'd have to have rocks in your head to try and tune a powerfc with the hand controller.

For logging etc, most serious PFC users need to buy a laptop interface, the most popular is the FC Datalogit: http://www.fc-datalogit.co.nz/

As mentioned before, a wideband o2 sensor/controller is also an essential component (IMO), you use the 0-5V output from the controller to interface with the datalogit box for tuning purposes.

One of the better PFC tuners in Brisbane I know charges ~$700 for a complete tune of a new powerfc. Less if it only needs a tidy-up of a previously tuned map.

When I install powerfc's (or any aftermarket ECU), I also install an innovate LC-1 or WBo2 2C0 wideband kit, this allows road tuning of ~75% of the map, then only an hour or two so is required on the dyno to sort out the very top end of the map and timing for max torque through the midrange. The best method for this is to shoot for what's known as minimum timing for maximum torque, you'll find that the maximum torque timing values are a couple of degree's before the onset of knock aswell. Some nice examples of this on mainline's site.

Choose your tuner first and ensure they're confident of achieving your goals, any aftermarket ECU is only as good as the person tuning it. It's also really easy to pop an engine with a poorly tuned PFC (or any other standalone ECU)

I'll add that the check engine light can also flash if the injectors reach 100% duty cycle or if the MAFS maxes out.

The lack of an OBDII port is only an issue in areas where they do emissions inspections where they check the ECU for errors.

As far as improvements go it depends on the tuner. I gained a lot of mid range power, dropped the lift change over point a few hundred rpm. There is no minimum requirement of mods, but it will give better gains with more mods.

• 2 months later...

SD I have the japanese corolla runx that carries the same ZZE123 chassis so it should work for me. I would have to pay by paypal and get a shipping quote to Barbados. I want the 600.00 one could you let me know how much that would be as well as the address to send the funds from paypal

my manual runx uses a 5-plug ECU, not the 4 plug like AUDM Sportivo's.

my jdm manual runx uses a 4 plug ecu

Here are the ecu pics from my version Dave. There are actually 5 plug outlets but 4 are in use.

post-7980-1247659083_thumb.jpg

post-7980-1247659108_thumb.jpg

post-7980-1247659131_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Will this work if I got a Power FC made for another car?

no bcuz the pfc is model specific ..... u have to buy the celica built pfc

Will this work if I got a Power FC made for another car?

no bcuz the pfc is model specific ..... u have to buy the celica built pfc

long time no see, some one told me you had been kidnapped by honda fan boy ninjas this true? and how did you escape? :lol::lol:

So http://www.jps-trading.com/product_info.ph...products_id=193 + your harness will plug and play (plus getting it tuned)

Will it start up on the celica base tune?

Whats the turn around from order to delivery? I'm really intrested

Get it from nengun. It's almost $200 cheaper :)

So http://www.jps-trading.com/product_info.ph...products_id=193 + your harness will plug and play (plus getting it tuned)

Will it start up on the celica base tune?

If you actually just plug the PFC directly in your car will start no problems, just won't be able to drive it very far.

You can drive around with the base tune, but I wouldn't be fanging it or anything. When I got it installed, I had a tank of Vortex 98 + Octane booster to make sure it wouldn't ping too hard. Driving back home and then off to the tuners the next day, keeping the revs and throttle position low. I had problems with a granny in her old school beetle, and I must admit she had me at every traffic light :D

I can have another one made up in about a week. So quicker than it takes to get the PowerFC from Japan.

As Suprathai said, it comes with a base map, but who knows what it's a base for...