How to Supercharge a Gen5 V6 Camry

Andrew357

Good writeup Andrew.

Here's a question out of curiosity. How fun do you think it would be to change the spark plugs later when required?

Edit: I'm not sure if it's my connection or PC, but at this point in time, those manual links are not working for me.

• Like 1

Good writeup Andrew.

Here's a question out of curiosity. How fun do you think it would be to change the spark plugs later when required?

Edit: I'm not sure if it's my connection or PC, but at this point in time, those manual links are not working for me.

Links are indeed dead, looking for some copies from SG and will upload them when I find them.

Changing the sparks will be just as fun even if I didn't have the supercharger (though I wouldn't have to fiddle with the belt). That's one of the reasons why I recommend the change! :) that being said, apparently there is a guy who has a Gen4 and claims he can change the rear bank plugs without taking anything off...

Had a further look into the Hiace master brake cylinder and it can be found here: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_G_1991_TOYOTA_HIACE_RZH103R-RBMRSQ_4702.html

Gave Toyota Parts a call and you cannot buy the plastic fittings separately, so the wrecker is still the best option.

Also asked about the Dyna Truck reservoir and they are end of line so you have to go to a wrecker. However, the reservoir should be the same on most/all HU30R and SU20R Dyna Trucks. The HU30R and SU20R models are pre-1985 which have the right reservoir. The 1985+ models have a square one.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent write-up Andrew, very very handy indeed! Its great to know even from a general perspective and has helped improve my knowledge a little bit more :D

• 3 weeks later...

Great Write up Andrew, Wish this would have worked for the 4 Cylender Camry aswell :(

thanks man.

Don't be too sad. I've been bored and I'm having a sniff around at the TRD kit for the Scion...! Nothing concrete, but it is good reading.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks man.

Don't be too sad. I've been bored and I'm having a sniff around at the TRD kit for the Scion...! Nothing concrete, but it is good reading.

Thanks Andrew, I will have a snoop around and see what i can findout about the TRD kit for the Scion :)

Once again, This Writeup was an awsome read :)

• 5 weeks later...

Another small update:

when replacing my struts this weekend, I thought it would be a good time to test (more so to confirm) whether the UltraRacing strut brace fits with the supercharger installed. Unfortunately the brace does not clear the supercharger belt. I was hoping it might sit underneath the belt but this is not the case as it sits on top of the belt.

So in summary go custom or the TRD brace.

• 6 months later...

Great Write up Andrew, Wish this would have worked for the 4 Cylender Camry aswell :(

soo it doesnt work for the 4cylinder ?!

</3 !

Took time to read this as well,.

dang,

oh well :3 good reading :D !

</3 !

dang,

It's not applicable to the 4-cylinder. 1mz-fe V6, NON-VVTi engines only.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

</3 !

dang,

you would be better off turbo'ing the 4cyl engine... but this would cost a LOT of money and require a LOT of time and effort.

Yeahh found the scion tc kits from America, would it be almost similar as its a 2az-fe with a little bit of mods or something?

maybe, but probably not. There might be issues with the whole RHD/LHD thing, different engine bay, etc, etc.

Nothing is EVER bolt on, not when it comes to FI.

Yeahh found the scion tc kits from America, would it be almost similar as its a 2az-fe with a little bit of mods or something?

maybe, but probably not. There might be issues with the whole RHD/LHD thing, different engine bay, etc, etc.

Nothing is EVER bolt on, not when it comes to FI.

Indeed, :g:

I think ill just stick to getting inc headers and a varex ^_^

Indeed, :g:

I think ill just stick to getting inc headers and a varex ^_^

OBX Junk headers?

:o yeahh maybe,

Haven't started deeply looking into them yet, any better ones you suggest? :)