Just Bought A Toyota Stout

Chobis

• 1 month later...

I have a 1976 stout that has 15 inch whels from factory and an I beam front axle. I think yours is a light stout. does it have an independent front end?

i see this is an older thread, any progress? if you are still looking for information just ask i may be able to help

• 10 months later...
damn.... this car is nice man.... wash it.. and wax it after that... then post the after wash N wax pic... we will love it ey :lol:

Scroll down to post 15 in this thread mate and you will see that I did exactly that. It came up okay. Could use a respray but sadly I can't commit to a project that long. I am happy with it just how it is. Gotta have money for the new project.

Hi there. How is the stout going?

I love these cars - used to have one as a farm ute. I would love to do one up like you did.

Can you tell me, was it hard to source parts?

Do you know of any similar running / operating stouts for sale?

Are you interested in selling yours?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Chris.

• 9 months later...

Wow this thread just never dies. Over 3 years old now!

Yeh that flat grey thing in Japan is a later model Stout... '73. It's very cool and was inspiration to me for a while to do something similar. I decided to keep mine original however due to how rare a styleside is these days in Australia. Mine just sits in the shed now. I get bored quickly so more recent aquisitions bloke it from getting out for a drive. ;)

• 1 month later...

Amazing things can be done to that thing, just use your creativity!

toyota-stout.jpg

0605mt_02_z1973_toyota_stout_rk101front_passengers_side_view.jpg?w=450&h=337

n714042892_171804_4238.jpg?w=450&h=337

n714042892_171812_6285.jpg?w=450&h=337

0605mt_06_z1973_toyota_stout_rk101engine_compartment.jpg?w=450&h=337

Hi, this Stout look really great. It looks a little like my 1977 Stout (without the women). But mine is still original, except for the tires, only the second set since new because the original were 6 ply light truck, and they made for a rough ride.

I think the Stout is the best looking Toyota ever made, and it's becoming more popular all the time, and also getting rarer all the time. I'm looking for spare parts for mine, any ideas where to find them?

post-3076-127820698539_thumb.jpg

What are you looking for?

'

Hi Chobis, thanks for the reply, I love looking at Stout pictures and found one online of a Stout drag racer!

Anybody with a Stout please post more no matter how bad it looks, or how good it looks. To me they all look great!

To complete my Stout I need a lens for the small turn light mounted on the drivers side guard, and the 'Toyota Stout' metal sticker from the same side. I attached a photo of the damaged guard showing the turn light cut-out. I have the turn light fitting, but I can't find a lens for it, and so far I've resisted fitting the non standard part.

I forgot to mention, there's a Toyota Stout, in Hobart, that's still used daily by a painter! Or was, last I heard. Seems you just can't wear them out.

post-3076-127828022266_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack Gill

What are you looking for?

'

Hi Chobis, thanks for the reply, I love looking at Stout pictures and found one online of a Stout drag racer!

Anybody with a Stout please post more no matter how bad it looks, or how good it looks. To me they all look great!

To complete my Stout I need a lens for the small turn light mounted on the drivers side guard, and the 'Toyota Stout' metal sticker from the same side. I attached a photo of the damaged guard showing the turn light cut-out. I have the turn light fitting, but I can't find a lens for it, and so far I've resisted fitting the non standard part.

I forgot to mention, there's a Toyota Stout, in Hobart, that's still used daily by a painter! Or was, last I heard. Seems you just can't wear them out.

Okay I'm new to this forum and the classic Toyota scene. Not new to cars, or classic cars, but my mechanical knowledge is....... well....... let's just say I will be asking questions. :help:

I just bought a '65 Stout last Sunday from a property about an hour out of Adelaide. :D I love this thing. I had never seen one before, but once I saw it I had to have it. It's straight as, no rust, well just some surface rust in the tray. Everything works, even starts no worries and doesn't blow smoke. Hasn't been driven in the last 8 years or so apparently. Needs a bit of a going over from a safety perspective as it has no brakes at the moment, but I hope to get it on the road with minimal expense.

My only problem is.......... I know nothing about this car and can't find anything on the net, so............. anyone with any info or web links to info would be greatly appreciated by me.

Here it is:

My1965ToyotaStout_02.jpg

I'm very interested in Stouts, and I just had to post this picture of a Stout I found online. Hope you like it. Yours looks great, got any more pictures available?

post-3076-127828590024_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i have just bought a 78 flat tray as a mini truck project and have removed all running gear and front end as im puting independent suspension and discs on. If these parts intrest you please msg me. I am also selling the alluminum tray it came with and looking for an origional style side tray. anyone out there,Please let me know

i have just bought a 78 flat tray as a mini truck project and have removed all running gear and front end as im puting independent suspension and discs on. If these parts intrest you please msg me. I am also selling the alluminum tray it came with and looking for an origional style side tray. anyone out there,Please let me know

Whereabouts are you?

Also....... you have a PM regarding a styleside tray.

Also also......... pics as you go please! :)

Here's a pic of a Stout that's for sale in USA at the moment. Makes me think I have made the wrong choice to keep mine totally original. I think sometime mine will get some saggy springs ;)

1967ToyotaStoutVA-USA-TORC.jpg

Hi all,

I've just bought a 78 Toyota Stout and was wondering if anyone knew where i can get some parts from. I'll put some photo's on here of my mission ahead, as it needs a bit........no a lot of work done to it.

Dane

• 7 months later...

Anyone know of a toyota stout for sale in QLD? I'd like one to tidy up. Don't want to give it a full restoration, just a coat of paint and a tidy up of interior, so I'd like one in good nic.

We had one on the farm when I was a kid and I pretty much drove my stout around for 5 years before retiring it when I got my license. Been looking for one to do up since.

My mobile is 0414 864 821 and email is chris_camo@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Chris.

• 5 months later...

hey guys i love the look of the older stouts but i am in need of a straight chassis from an early model (as early as i can get as i need it for a Rat Rod project)and some information that i have found out that the early hilux used some of the same parts as the stout so you might be able to convert the front to disk brakes from a hilux (i am not positive on this at the moment)

but if anyone near the sunshine coast or gympie knows of a chassis i would love to hear about it (email me at flyinwall@yahoo.com.au )

• 1 month later...

Okay I'm new to this forum and the classic Toyota scene. Not new to cars, or classic cars, but my mechanical knowledge is....... well....... let's just say I will be asking questions. :help:

I just bought a '65 Stout last Sunday from a property about an hour out of Adelaide. :D I love this thing. I had never seen one before, but once I saw it I had to have it. It's straight as, no rust, well just some surface rust in the tray. Everything works, even starts no worries and doesn't blow smoke. Hasn't been driven in the last 8 years or so apparently. Needs a bit of a going over from a safety perspective as it has no brakes at the moment, but I hope to get it on the road with minimal expense.

My only problem is.......... I know nothing about this car and can't find anything on the net, so............. anyone with any info or web links to info would be greatly appreciated by me.

Here it is:

My1965ToyotaStout_02.jpg

post-26353-0-66975800-1320472451_thumb.j

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

Sorry to bring up such an old post.

But me and my partner have just picked up a 68 lite stout for 200$,and are really struggling to find any information on it, we aren't 100% sure what engine it originally came out with so any information would be great.

the "lite" stout had four engine options, early models 1962-67 had either a 2R 1500cc but mainly 3R 1900cc, the later 1968-79 had either 12R 1600cc or 5R 2000cc.

the later models were not as common in "lite" stouts as they were basically a hilux with a stouts cab (the first hilux were basically a lite stout with a hi luxuary cab) and so most of the early hilux bits were able to fit them (front disc brakes), it was the pre hilux versions that were sold in the USA 1964-68 that are the most common lite stouts even in australia.

one thing that was common is date of production to actual year model, being a 1968 is it an early or late model, as my 1962 RK45 was built in 1960.

Hi there,

Sorry to bring up such an old post.

But me and my partner have just picked up a 68 lite stout for 200$,and are really struggling to find any information on it, we aren't 100% sure what engine it originally came out with so any information would be great.

the "lite" stout had four engine options, early models 1962-67 had either a 2R 1500cc but mainly 3R 1900cc, the later 1968-79 had either 12R 1600cc or 5R 2000cc.

the later models were not as common in "lite" stouts as they were basically a hilux with a stouts cab (the first hilux were basically a lite stout with a hi luxuary cab) and so most of the early hilux bits were able to fit them (front disc brakes), it was the pre hilux versions that were sold in the USA 1964-68 that are the most common lite stouts even in australia.

one thing that was common is date of production to actual year model, being a 1968 is it an early or late model, as my 1962 RK45 was built in 1960.

Go to the Toymods forum, they have a bit more info on classic toyotas and will be able to help you out.

• 1 month later...

I'm from victoria and l have a 1964 stout. love it. just starting to do it up. had it for about 5 years now but just starting to check out other stout owners and what they have done to there utes. cheerz.