ZR6 Tranmission Funnies

Trufflepig

Sorry to resurrect an age-old thread.

Does anybody notice a fairly extensive delay in shifting from 1st to 2nd most the time? Whenever I accelerate in mine it seems to be fairly harsh on that change, but then every other gear is smooth as silk. Even under hard accelerating it does it, but it is much more violent and usually means that it takes quite some time to get going, as it takes about 2s to change gears between 1st and 2nd. All other gears change almost instantly.

I have just recently bought my Aurion and I'm noticing a similar issue to this. It doesn't flare, but the change from 1st to 2nd feels a bit rough, and the gear change is very noticable.

Has anybody had any success getting this issue rectified?

Sorry to resurrect an age-old thread.
Does anybody notice a fairly extensive delay in shifting from 1st to 2nd most the time? Whenever I accelerate in mine it seems to be fairly harsh on that change, but then every other gear is smooth as silk. Even under hard accelerating it does it, but it is much more violent and usually means that it takes quite some time to get going, as it takes about 2s to change gears between 1st and 2nd. All other gears change almost instantly.

I have just recently bought my Aurion and I'm noticing a similar issue to this. It doesn't flare, but the change from 1st to 2nd feels a bit rough, and the gear change is very noticable.

Has anybody had any success getting this issue rectified?

Gave up arguing with Toyota after a month... I figure if it does go then I've built a case at least.

• 1 year later...

Old thread but I thought it was relevant.

Since I got my 2008 zr6 6 months ago have had problems with the transmission. Has anyone else had problems with the trannie slipping in first gear, only happens when cold? Also feels like it takes off in second gear as if i try and accelerate I get kickdown into first.

Has been to toyota and they have kept it for 3 cold starts but of course the fault didnt happen. Now I have the workshop foreman coming round every morning to try and replicate the fault. Fingers crossed it plays up.

Old thread but I thought it was relevant.

Since I got my 2008 zr6 6 months ago have had problems with the transmission. Has anyone else had problems with the trannie slipping in first gear, only happens when cold? Also feels like it takes off in second gear as if i try and accelerate I get kickdown into first.

Has been to toyota and they have kept it for 3 cold starts but of course the fault didnt happen. Now I have the workshop foreman coming round every morning to try and replicate the fault. Fingers crossed it plays up.

I'm surprised how hard these dealers are making it to change parts on your car under warranty. I've never had any trouble and even when I told them about my transmission. I walked in, explained what happened and then later that day I get a call they ordered a new transmission computer for me. ;\

Hey guys i know this is an old thread but this one seems as appropriate as any other to post this question on.

Has anybody fitted a transmission cooler to their Aurion similar to that as fitted to the TRD & MCV36 Sportivo? they seem to be such a dead easy thing to fit and with the sort of road trips we do down here in Tassie they seem like a bit of a no brainer to have to keep the transmission in its ideal operating zone and extend its life as they tend to cop a bit of a hard time on our Targa roads i know it may seem a bit overkill but id sooner be overkill than potential damage or shorted the gearbox's life

• 3 years later...

Any one have an update on the issues reported in this topic?

I'm just looking into a 2008 Toyota Aurion Presara Sports Automatic with 91,000 km. When I test drove it I noticed the lag between 1st & 2nd after less than five minutes driving under 60kph.

Sounds like I may be able to have the adaptive learning ECU reset.