Picking up a TRD Aurion today....

SEXC_ROLLA

You can turn off trac control by following the steps below. I posted this up a while ago in another thread.

THe method below works. But you need to do each time you start the car if you want the TC off. By default it turns back on each time you start the car.

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

3. Engage the parking brake.

4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

6. Disengage the parking brake.

7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

10. Release the brake pedal.

11. Engage the parking brake.

12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

Its a bit convoluted, but i tried it and i works.

Totally changes the driving experience.

looks like the ECU looks at the hand brake and foot brake signal for the right combination before it disengages the TC. I'm sure someone could come up with a device that sends the same signal by splicing into the two signal wires. You'd have to figure out how to turn it back on without turning off the car. that would be cool.

Boy... it sounds like ur opening a safe...

couldnt they have made it a little simplier?

button on button off...

Just a thought...

does the abs still work if u do that...

or is there another way of turning the abs off for a little more fun :spiteful:

where are the pics??? btw did you guys know till this time only 5 aurion trds have been sold out of 150. i find that hard to believe.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where are the pics??? btw did you guys know till this time only 5 aurion trds have been sold out of 150. i find that hard to believe.

Did your dad tell you that?

Because he's wrong, they've already sold 11 to the QLD coppers.

Edited by Aurion

whats with your attitude? no, one of the car news websites wrote it. + thats the coppers. im talking about general customers here. which makes you wrong.

Edited by Buri_ZR6

whats with your attitude? no, one of the car news websites wrote it. + thats the coppers. im talking about general customers here. which makes you wrong.

You never stated GENERAL public....you just said 5 have been sold.

oh mighty keyboard warriors get back to ur neutral corners ....... guys this is the internet ....everyone talk S.h.i.t ..... get over it ......

i think they might b wrong mate as im sure ive seen 2 on da road and im guessing there would be more than 3 sold via the other states

oh mighty keyboard warriors get back to ur neutral corners ....... guys this is the internet ....everyone talk S.h.i.t ..... get over it ......

i think they might b wrong mate as im sure ive seen 2 on da road and im guessing there would be more than 3 sold via the other states

maybe the article was old. maybe they did sell more than 5 by now. i saw 2 as well brother . one in silver on a semi trailer near spencer st and a red sl version near doncaster. red impressed me the most.

Google " TRD Aurion wallpaper"

you should find a few hits!

Chris

i wouldnt like to get kocky but i think this guys BSing about getting a trd. if i bought one i would post em up the first day. anyway i guess we gotta wait for someone else to post em up.

The rolla on 20's would of cost a packet ... now a TRD aurion aswell....

You gunna re-paint that one and put 24inch rims on it ....

WOW a $ 65,000 camry .....not even AWD .. only Auto ?? no manual

Edited by DrivInGScHool

He's probably too busy doing AWD burnouts in the factory like Buri's dad...

I took one of the TRD's for a spin the other night, they handle suprisingly well and the auto's pretty damn good too in manual mode. Just enough wheelspin off the line etc etc. The seats look good but are a bit of a letdown when driving compared to something like an STI seat.

He's probably too busy doing AWD burnouts in the factory like Buri's dad...

I took one of the TRD's for a spin the other night, they handle suprisingly well and the auto's pretty damn good too in manual mode. Just enough wheelspin off the line etc etc. The seats look good but are a bit of a letdown when driving compared to something like an STI seat.

rollamods dont get my dad involved in this :P jk i want to go and test drive one as well. want to see the difference. i dont think its gonna impress me too much though. did it impress you with its power gain over standard aurion???

Haven't driven a standard Aurion. A mate from toyota brought a TRD home so invited me round to check it out properly without a salesguy in the car ;)

Haven't driven a standard Aurion. A mate from toyota brought a TRD home so invited me round to check it out properly without a salesguy in the car ;)

no sales guy = a lot of gunning :P when is that **** gonna have awd. aurion has so much potential. brakes, suspension, power and awd will make it complete. plus they will give fpv and hsv a hard time in sales so i hope they bring it along in a couple of years with awd. lets keep our fingers crossed shall we :) :rolleyes:

no sales guy = a lot of gunning :P when is that **** gonna have awd. aurion has so much potential. brakes, suspension, power and awd will make it complete. plus they will give fpv and hsv a hard time in sales so i hope they bring it along in a couple of years with awd. lets keep our fingers crossed shall we :) :rolleyes:

It wont be coming out in AWD.

Hey guys...

i am picking up my TRD aurion today....BLACK SL.

Will post picks when i pick up and drive home!!

CAN'T WAIT!

been a while now.... where are the photos???????????????????????????????? <_<

bit hard to do when the car is sitting at toyota waiting to see what they are gonna fix regarding the issue that arose which caused them to stop selling the car ........

but for those that simply cant wait this should wet ur appetite.

HPIM3777.jpg

HPIM3778.jpg