Exhaust system

Soloman

FINALLY FINISHED! Ended up cutting out the res. and the cat!!

the guy cut it all out, put a straight pipe, flange it...

it's got bolts so i can change it back whenever i want with ease!!

Danny man, you will love this!

It's not loud at idle, but you can tell the difference, has a low rumble... no droooning sound AT ALL!

and a nice tight scream in the high revs!

sounds beaut!

here are some photos, sorry that they're upside down guys... you can flip them around yourselves...

Danny, the toyo boys are meeting up for a photo shoot in ferntree gully i think!!!

let's meet up there! compare mods, and cruise from there if your free???

i won't be free for a while after that man... so hope you can make it friday! check for details on the car club/ cruise

part of the forum!

post-6109-1204764486_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darius

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loving the sound of this noise adjusting muffler. How exactly does it work, u have a remote in your car and u adjust as u please?

So on long trips u can adjust to nearly no noise?

Whats the muffler system alone cost u pal?

Edited by spags

FINALLY FINISHED! Ended up cutting out the res. and the cat!!

the guy cut it all out, put a straight pipe, flange it...

it's got bolts so i can change it back whenever i want with ease!!

Danny man, you will love this!

It's not loud at idle, but you can tell the difference, has a low rumble... no droooning sound AT ALL!

and a nice tight scream in the high revs!

sounds beaut!

here are some photos, sorry that they're upside down guys... you can flip them around yourselves...

Danny, the toyo boys are meeting up for a photo shoot in ferntree gully i think!!!

let's meet up there! compare mods, and cruise from there if your free???

i won't be free for a while after that man... so hope you can make it friday! check for details on the car club/ cruise

part of the forum!

Looking good, hopefully you get some gains also out of it.

When are the toyota boys meeting and where, might come by for a bit, hopefully in a while so I can get my sub/soundproofing/lowering done.

Loving the sound of this noise adjusting muffler. How exactly does it work, u have a remote in your car and u adjust as u please?

the muffler alone is about $399 each, could be less now, i'm not sure...

but then you need to get the res and cat done... muffler alone doesn't cut it

with all parts and install roughly $1k.

muffler works by redirecting air into a 3 way chamber when close... acts as a straight through when open!

when it's close it sounds stock... almost exactly (well i can't tell the difference)

go here http://www.autoxcess.com.au/default.asp it explains all!!

Acoustik, there is a noticable gain from taking the cat out! as expected...

the cat is pretty bloody restrictive!

you just gotta see/hear it to beleive it! i'll let you know the details of the meet as soon as i know!

Edited by Darius

Acoustik, we're meeting at glenwaverly multi level carpark at 8, might stay for an hour or so then cruise around a little...

hope to see you there, check the club meets section of the forum

the muffler alone is about $399 each, could be less now, i'm not sure...

but then you need to get the res and cat done... muffler alone doesn't cut it

with all parts and install roughly $1k.

muffler works by redirecting air into a 3 way chamber when close... acts as a straight through when open!

when it's close it sounds stock... almost exactly (well i can't tell the difference)

go here http://www.autoxcess.com.au/default.asp it explains all!!

Acoustik, there is a noticable gain from taking the cat out! as expected...

the cat is pretty bloody restrictive!

you just gotta see/hear it to beleive it! i'll let you know the details of the meet as soon as i know!

oh damn! that looks hot, nice purchase.

Just wondeirng is it a cat back exhaust? or is it just the exhuast tips?

Did you have to cut/modify the back body kit for the exhausts to fit?

also is the exhaust size universal? if not would u be able to tell me the size?

and have u notcied any performance increase?

If you have time could you post a sound clip of the new exhausts system? =p

curious about what it sounds like =)

thanks for the help.

Edited by ZZR88

thanks for the help.

I didn't change the full exhaust, it's basically two cannon's that replace the stock mufflers,

and a straight 2.5 inch pipe that replaces *edit* resonator. So you probably can't classify full cat back exhuast.

I didn't have to touch the body to fit, but exhaust sizes aren't universal and vary, you're best bet is to take it to an exhuast mech and get him show you a few different things...

there is a performance increase from removing *edit*, as that is restricting a heck of alot of air!

off the line the increase in power is almost useless coz fwd loses traction. But once your going you notice the power difference for sure! I havn't dyno'd yet, but i will when i get the chance!

I'll try to post a sound clip when i get the chance!

Edited by Darius

For you guys in Brisbane give CES a call regarding exhaust systems. I was talking to Trevor from there the other day about Aurion's and the potential they may have hidden away in average factory exhaust systems. the cat back they designed for the Sportivo Corolla had dyno proven gains of about 9kw atw on a stock car. Might be worth looking into as they do fantastic work also will Db test it to make sure it is legal if you want it to be.

Anyone got a custom exhaust done to there aurion yet?

I think a little bigger pipe will allow the aurion to breath a little more.. giving it some more power and a good grunt to it

I have had a look under the aurion. It goes from the engine into 1 cat(very small cat). Then i think its a 2.5 inch pipe down to the rear wheels then a 2inch pipe out the dual exhaust? im 90% sure on them numbers(someone correct me if im wrong)

Plz comment :)

yeah....im planning to get 1 done this week....

thanks for the help.

I didn't change the full exhaust, it's basically two cannon's that replace the stock mufflers,

and a straight 2.5 inch pipe that replaces the cat and resonator. So you probably can't classify full cat back exhuast.

I didn't have to touch the body to fit, but exhaust sizes aren't universal and vary, you're best bet is to take it to an exhuast mech and get him show you a few different things...

there is a performance increase from removing the cat, as that is restricting a heck of alot of air!

off the line the increase in power is almost useless coz fwd loses traction. But once your going you notice the power difference for sure! I havn't dyno'd yet, but i will when i get the chance!

I'll try to post a sound clip when i get the chance!

oh ok thanks for that.

Btw did u have any issues with the warrenty of the car?

i have a camry 05, with body kits and all audio changed. Worse of all i have REMUS exhaust on it.

Receiving a letter from toyota about extending my warranty, i sent my car over to check. The result is, as i changed my exhaust system, i void my warranty(engine) and i wont be allowed for extension. Bad luck hey?

Not sure if u will be same case as mine.

I agree, Darius i hope that you don't get busted by vehicle inspectors down there in VIC, you will be in some serious $hit if they find out you havent got a cat converter. I am suprised that the exhaust joint you vistited carried out that sort of work mate.

Very very nice.. Would too like most other people like a video clip of it running open and closed see what the sound difference is like..

Would love to see what the Dyno says how much of a increase would it be i wonder.

The only problem i see is the warrenty and also rego. without a cat your car can be defected.. make sure you keep the old exhaust.

haha, yeah... considered everything! havn't checked warranty, but i can't see how changing the exhuast will effect the engine...

as for the cat, there are 3 cat's in the car, i have only *edit*. The car should still meet emision standards! So if they want to fine me... they can check the exhaust fumes, all they want... considering most cars pre 2000 only have one cat... i'll fight tooth and nail for the right to only have 2!

anyone in melbourne, we are meeting tonight, so check out the club/meet forum.

I have kept my original set up! the guy who did it for me, put bolts on either side of both the straight pipe, and res *edit* so i can swap them over easily enough myself! He was a great help, gave me lots of great advice!!

If anyone wants to get something done with exhausts, let me know, i'll pass you details!

Edited by Darius

haha, yeah... considered everything! havn't checked warranty, but i can't see how changing the exhuast will effect the engine...

as for the cat, there are 3 cat's in the car, i have only taken out ONE. The car should still meet emision standards! So if they want to fine me... they can check the exhaust fumes, all they want... considering most cars pre 2000 only have one cat... i'll fight tooth and nail for the right to only have 2!

I have kept my original set up! the guy who did it for me, put bolts on either side of both the straight pipe, and cat/res so i can swap them over easily enough myself! He was a great help, gave me lots of great advice!!

If anyone wants to get something done with exhausts, let me know, i'll pass you details!

mate i am no exhaust expert, but there is probably a good reason why there are 3 cats, taking one out may make your car put out too high an emission level. If you take it in to toyota to get warranty work on the engine, mate you are being a tad nieve if you think they will not use your exhaust as a "get out of jail" card so they don't have to fork out the $$$ and manpower to fix your car. I am not having a go at you, i just don't want to see you get nailed by the Po Po or a toyota mechanic.

as for the cat, there are 3 cat's in the car, i have only taken out ONE. The car should still meet emision standards! So if they want to fine me... they can check the exhaust fumes, all they want... considering most cars pre 2000 only have one cat... i'll fight tooth and nail for the right to only have 2!

I have kept my original set up! the guy who did it for me, put bolts on either side of both the straight pipe, and cat/res so i can swap them over easily enough myself! He was a great help, gave me lots of great advice!!

mate i am no exhaust expert, but there is probably a good reason why there are 3 cats, taking one out may make your car put out too high an emission level. If you take it in to toyota to get warranty work on the engine, mate you are being a tad nieve if you think they will not use your exhaust as a "get out of jail" card so they don't have to fork out the $$$ and manpower to fix your car. I am not having a go at you, i just don't want to see you get nailed by the Po Po or a toyota mechanic.

yeah, that's a fair point mate...

I'll consider it, have a chat to the local toyo mech, if he says that it's a problem... i'll just bolt on the res *edit*. whenever i take it in for service, would only take 30 mins. if that.....

Edited by Darius

i doubt the pooolice would even know what there lookin at or even bother gettin under the car lol. im goin to go straight to D&T and get mine down asap and just keep the cut out section as well

You would be suprised, in QLD them and the department of transport have random checking, kinda like a breath-o but they check out the cars, they usually put a machine that "sniffs" the exhaust. I reckon if they saw that your emissions was over a certain level, i am sure $hit would hit the fan. I've been pulled over in my old VS wagon twice since moving back home to the 'Ville. For the extra bit of spice you get with the performance by getting rid of one of the cats, i honestly don't think it is worth it.

Guys the fine for not having cat convertors on your car is higher than having an unregistered hand gun in your possession. something you just don't remove without the worry of getting pinged. Any decent exhaust shop that does good quality work wouldn't do something like that for the fear of themsleves getting fined with a bigger fine than you the owner will get. Just simply put higher flowing cats on or modify the stock ones to flow more if that's what you are after. But removing them all together(even if the car has 3) is crazy. It obviously has 3 because Aurions must produce a lot of emissions that need to be run through 3 cats...