Fuel consuption on the 2004/2005 Camry Sportivo

sottovoce

wow! im impressed. i have a v6 auto and getting better economy than a lot of the 4 bangers on here. city driving i average 12.3l/100km and freeway i average 8.9l/100km on v-power

the car gets tuned and an oil change every 2 months. i'm guessing that's what contributed to the lower figures for my v6

Edited by lateralus

the car gets tuned and an oil change every 2 months. i'm guessing that's what contributed to the lower figures for my v6

May seem a bit of a silly question, but what do you mean by tuned lateralus?

Edited by mbruce

im assuming he means a basic tune which ususally entails changing all the filters, the oil and spark plugs. a few other things too as required.

im driving a 3rd gen camry I4 and i ususally sit just below 10/100L for crap city like traffic (but around parramatta). i drive it pretty conservatively myself. if i drive like a ***** all the time then im sitting around the 13 mark. which doesnt bode well with me. tbh, the fuel consumption at 10 for bloody slow driving is a lil high for me tbh. i wish it was lower. id consider giving up the camry if another car comes along at a decent price and with better fuel consumption. cruising on highways then she performs better naturally. probably around the 8-8.5 mark which is decent as well. nothing to jump through hoops about tho.

Edited by h3ctic

May seem a bit of a silly question, but what do you mean by tuned lateralus?

checking the timing, making sure all belt tensions are correct, battery testing, etc all that sort of stuff to ensure everything is to specification and all components are clean and free of gunk. i dont do the "tuning" myself, a family friend is a mechanic and he takes care of all that for me. i just do all the basic stuff that i have the tools/facilities to do

Edited by lateralus

• 2 weeks later...

i jus got back from a melb trip and my camry was consistently around the 7.5/100km mark. thats not too bad ey? not worthy of a medal, but something u might write home about.

Edited by h3ctic

• 2 weeks later...

it says in redbook that extra urban is as low as 6.6. do they mean like constant highway driving? and 6.6 ... thats pretty nuts, i dun think i could get that low unless i was the only passenger with no luggage and in the nude.

I got a 06(Nov) Camry has 14L/100km mix urban(80%) and highway(20%) driving but after 45000 major servicing, it drop to 8.9L/100 with V-power.

I had the oil system clean, and correct tyres pressure! it runs much smoother now.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bring old thread back.

Camry Altise sep 2004 V6 3L Auto

My fuel economy sucks. I was using vPower and I was getting about 520km driving from Mill Park to Richmond (25km) and back and then weekend shopping trip. Last 2 weeks I filled the thank as usually but trip computer showed only 430km range. And sure by tonight I done 410km and yellow light come up. Filled up 61L of standard petrol at BP station on the way home (I thought that there was something wrong with vPower as I always filled at the same station) and trip comp showing 485 km range. It sucks. My tyres are corectly have correct pressure, 5000k oil and filter change, air filter inspected and changed as required, rarely go over 3000 rpm. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it but before I was using replacement K&N air filter but changed back to genuine Toyota one. Any ideas?

Edited by czaja74

hey guys, i recently got a v6 '03 camry and it says and my fuel economy ranges from 11.3-11.5litres / 100km. I'm pretty satisfied with the fuel it uses as I think it's quite economical. My driving is a mix between freeway and city driving so on that basis I'm getting the quoted mile-age according to redbook. I use normal unleaded Shell Petrol - not V-power petrol.

I was getting about 14.0-15L per hundred when I got my camry from my brother. 02 v6 Manual

Mainly city driving (peak hour to the city driving...!) however. That being said I was doing a fill of standard unleaded, with every fifth tank a 98RON. I got the injectors cleaned @ Toyota but it didn't help.

When I got my extractors done + catback I'm getting mid 12's to mid 13's. The overall L/100 since I got the work done is 12.71, which I was pretty happy with; however I have only been using 98RON since I got it done.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

2005 model (built Oct 04) Sportivo v6 manual MCV36R.

I get around 11.5L/100km on a normal week of mostly work commute and a couple of other trips.

I've never done a tank with 100% highway, but on one I did about 90% and got about 9.5L/100km.

This is calculating from km's travelled and L filled up. My trip computer tends to read a little high.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, not really :rolleyes:

I was ready to purchase a 2005 Altise VVTi mainly because of advertised economy and Toyota reliability. Lucky i came to this site searching for real time economy because i am shocked at some of the figures reported here lol.

Currently driving a 98 Corolla Seca 1.6 that has oodles of revs and excellent economy with 6.4 litres used per 100k highway and 6.9 litres city. The 40 litre tank gives me over 500 klms every tank before i have to squeeze around 33 litres into it.

I was hoping the newer tech in the later models would match these results or come close but i was being incredibly naive i think.

I might have to consider a later model Corolla but now it seems i have to investigate the *real* economy of those as well instead of relying on the displayed figures. 

Edited by Bazzle

• 2 weeks later...

I usually get 6.5 to 7.5 litres per 100k using unleaded 95. I was using premium 98 but found I was having starting problems when cold, returned to 95 and all good. I drive a 2007 Camry Sportivo 2.4 litre

Edited by Tomscamry
Adding vehicle details