The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

This is really stupid.

I want to buy a new deck for m'car. Given the number of breakins I have had historically, I am limiting myself to a cheapie off eBay (I said it was stupid). Can someone help me choose one that has the best bang for my buck?

I've been looking at the Eonon range of double DINs (+7'' screen) but I think a pop-up screen will be in a better position for viewing. Open to suggestions on that one. I was also looking at combo units (bottom is radio and controller, top is 7'' screen). I like the idea of USB/SD plugins, and would prefer a divx-compat player. Naturally, a higher audio output would be nice, but not necessary as I have my Fusion Powerplant 4-chan amp - speakers are still stock tho, which is why I have not connected them to the amp. Bluetooth also would be great, but again I have a BT earpiece.

I'm very interested in the Eonon 900, as it comes with GPS stuff, but my PDA also has one, so again not entirely necessary. If I can get one for around the $300+post, I'll jump.

The reason for all this is that I will be driving very long distances regularly, and would like something to watch the occassional movie/TV on during breaks.

Feel free to PM for privacy ;)

Why is it "uncool" to listen to Farnsey and Barnsey and cold chisel etc whilst driving??

I quite like listening to it when I drive :D

guess it depends on the song... wouldnt write em off completely.

is tom jones uncool while driving? its fun driving through roundabouts while hearing "just help yourself to my lips, to my arms, just say the word and they are yours................"

I listen to it all, I sent a video of myself driving listening too John Farnham - Thats Freedom to Micky and he said it was uncool :(

I thought that was part and parcel of being a NuSkool Bogan...

Edited by Simo

They got married early

Never had no money

then when he got layed off

it really hit the skids

he started up his drinking

then they started fighting

he took it pretty badly

she took both the kids

Edited by Simo

Why is it when I eat tinned tuna I always get a dry bit stuck in my throat that wont go away?

And, where did the term "bogan" come from? Was it some beven/yobbo's surname? Did it evolve from Logan? And where did Beven come from?

I always thought HID stood for Highly Intellectually Disabled....