Camry 2007 HID installation

camrie

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone advice me how to install HID H7 to 2007 Camry.

Currently I'm experiencing a problem plug in the light bulb to the housing :(

Is this a common problem?

Thank you..

not another HID in a halogen projector thread.. :( = glare

but anyway, it should fit if you've purchased the correct bulb. Any pics?

and if you really want to go ahead with the HID Kit, you need a wiring harness...

yeh, ive had the same problem. and sadly you have only 2 options, either replace it with a good bulb, OR change the projector yourself with a tsx projector or something else, which takes about 10hours to do if you know what your doing and dont think its not worth doing. also this option is only for the d2s bulbs (philips,denso) kits. :/

yeh, ive had the same problem. and sadly you have only 2 options, either replace it with a good bulb, OR change the projector yourself with a tsx projector or something else, which takes about 10hours to do if you know what your doing and dont think its not worth doing. also this option is only for the d2s bulbs (philips,denso) kits. :/

Thanks for your reply & information,

I don't thing I'd go for the first option. With d2s light, do I need to purchase the entire kit or I can just purchase the light bulb and connect to my existing HID kit? If so, is the kit available in auto shop like autobarn / ebay?

Before I purchase the kit, I do some research which I found that in this camry model in US, it should be using H11, while in OZ version (according to manual) it should be using H7.

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone advice me how to install HID H7 to 2007 Camry.

Currently I'm experiencing a problem plug in the light bulb to the housing :(

Is this a common problem?

Thank you..

not another HID in a halogen projector thread.. :( = glare

but anyway, it should fit if you've purchased the correct bulb. Any pics?

and if you really want to go ahead with the HID Kit, you need a wiring harness...

Thanks for your reply..

Yes, I purchased the complete H7 kit based on what is originally fitted to the car & the manual book.

if it works, please tell me so i can follow through as well!! :)

Ok, No problem..

I'll let you know once done :)

Actually its not too hard for the Gen6 as you only need to do minor modification to the housing, i've seen it done from a US site, here are some progress pics:

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

And this is what you call real HID..

What you need:

some kind of projectors : as shown above, these are TSX projectors (same ones as accord euro) - you can find one from honda wreckers as you can't use the american ones as they are LHD.

You can use your existing HID kit ballast as long as you've got a AMP style D2S plug (ebay's a good place for that), bought a set for 18usd a while back.

And then you'll need some D2S bulbs ...Ebay for cheap aftermarket ones, OR get the philips 85122+ or Osram xenarc, very reliable. (i'm using the philips one)

OR you could buy a 2nd hand set of OEM ballasts/bulbs 200-300..

and you might want an extra pair of headlight - so you can work with it just in case you don't break your ONLY one....:)

Thanks for the info poohbear..

It seems quite complex, but I'll have a look at the EUro light & camry light over the weekend.

What I've been thinking was to find/make a kind a pin holder(like the one normally used in H4) that can hold the H7 attached to the housing. Because when I tried to install last time, the light was perfectly fit to the housing but in can be lock sadly..

I'll let you guys know as well once i find out the way to do it..

if it works, please tell me so i can follow through as well!! :)

Ok, No problem..

I'll let you know once done :)

Actually its not too hard for the Gen6 as you only need to do minor modification to the housing, i've seen it done from a US site, here are some progress pics:

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

And this is what you call real HID..

What you need:

some kind of projectors : as shown above, these are TSX projectors (same ones as accord euro) - you can find one from honda wreckers as you can't use the american ones as they are LHD.

You can use your existing HID kit ballast as long as you've got a AMP style D2S plug (ebay's a good place for that), bought a set for 18usd a while back.

And then you'll need some D2S bulbs ...Ebay for cheap aftermarket ones, OR get the philips 85122+ or Osram xenarc, very reliable. (i'm using the philips one)

OR you could buy a 2nd hand set of OEM ballasts/bulbs 200-300..

and you might want an extra pair of headlight - so you can work with it just in case you don't break your ONLY one....:)

Can anyone give some infor about the differences between a halogen projector and HID projector? Thanks

Well halogen projector - the curved reflector surfaces and lens were designed to suit a halogen tungsten-based bulb

and a HID projector were made for HID bulbs.

HID projector (s2000) :

the reflective park + a D2S bulb

P1030280.JPG

The front part with the LENs and shield

P1030281.JPG

and some info http://www.aa1car.com/library/hid_headlamps.htm

• 2 weeks later...

yeh, so far the stock housings wont fit into any hid plug and play kits, unless your willing to customise your projectors and grab yourself a set of phillips, denso etc kits (ones that have ds2 bulbs) :)

• 1 month later...

are you guys looking the hid for D2S? i'm sell the HID in Melbourne~!

if you guys are interest, you can give me a call or leave the message to me.

Price are cheaper and quality are good! i sell it about 1yr, if you really wanna something special. like the color or model, i can help you to make special order!!

• 1 month later...
^ yeah, ive got a few hid ds2 hids for sale, if your around melbourne i'll install them for $650 inc the kit. this is only for the gen6 camrys.

Hi Akuma, have you done your hid installation?

I havent done mine. Last time I tried to find some pin that may hold the lights but it was unsuccessful.

With d2s that you mention, does it plug and play without any modification to the housing nor to the pin that hold the light(if any)?

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
i love poohbear's job, but it's kinda pricy.. :(

Done mine, HID kit from eBay (plug play stuff) on Gen 6 Camry.. 2-3 hours job, no mods whatsover provided you know what you're doing..

I tried to draw it.. see how it goes :)

(I am neither liable nor endorsing anything by uploading this document :)) have fun...

0348_001.pdf

Edited by l10n_k1ng

• 3 years later...

I thought you could use H11s?

Anyway i got my kit a while back but due to the type of use for the car, i decided not to install atleast for now.

Has anyone got brighter H7s ie 100w?

I thought you could use H11s?

Anyway i got my kit a while back but due to the type of use for the car, i decided not to install atleast for now.

Has anyone got brighter H7s ie 100w?

Lulz 100watts. Get 35w H7's . Anything more than35w will blind everyone and will attract attention to yourself.