•  

Photo

Does a baby seat/capsule fit in a Yaris?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 m&m

m&m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model:Yaris

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

Hi all,

As the topic states, just wondering if anyone has or knows if a baby capsule fits into the back seat of a 5dr Yaris (hatchback, not sedan). I'm looking for a new car and the Yaris is on the shortlist but i'm a little worried that a baby seat wont fit. We don't have kids yet but this is something we need to consider.

Oh, and if a standard pram fits in the boot ;)

Thanks for all your help! :)

Edited by m&m, 09 January 2008 - 08:42 PM.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Keisari

Keisari

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model:1991 Celica SX

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

I don't have a Yaris, but I shouldn't see why not. I have a Celica which has a shockingly small back seat, but as far as i remember the handbook has instructions for putting in a baby seat :P

#3 MarkMish

MarkMish

Silver Member too!

• Super Moderator
  • 5,545 posts
  • First Name:Mark
  • Gender*:Not Telling
  • Toyota Model:86 / LANDCRUISER PRADO
  • Year: 2013

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:28 PM

Hi all,

As the topic states, just wondering if anyone has or knows if a baby capsule fits into the back seat of a 5dr Yaris (hatchback, not sedan). I'm looking for a new car and the Yaris is on the shortlist but i'm a little worried that a baby seat wont fit. We don't have kids yet but this is something we need to consider.

Oh, and if a standard pram fits in the boot ;)

Thanks for all your help! :)

hi my twin!!!!! :lol: (nice username!!)

when we had our first child we had a starlet and we fit a car seat in fine even when he was a new born and the seat had to face the back lying down. we even could fit 2 adults sitting side by side him with the car seat in the middle at the back so i could still recline my seat to search for the dummy when driving :lol: oh and that was a 2 door starlet :D so i think u will be fine.

the sportier car seats though would be ideal in most small cars. why dont you bring your car seat down to the dealers with you and test it for roominess. or i would buy a rolla cause i fit our 4 kids fine in it!!! :D oh and thats with 2 car seats in the back.

#4 peterwatson

peterwatson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model:2

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

Hi
It all depends on the angle of your seats and the psotion of the front seats etc - that can vary between cars. The best thing to do it to try it out at the shops with some different seats.

Baby Seat

#5 Stitchy

Stitchy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Toyota Model:Echo03

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

my Echo (older brother to Yaris) has heaps of fittings and space for a baby seat.. and it's 3door, smaller & older.

#6 Stitchy

Stitchy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Toyota Model:Echo03

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

lol.. my previous post reminds me of:
"It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters. "

#7 Lunjiaow

Lunjiaow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model:Yaris, Hilux
Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:14 PM

Yaris' has heaps of room to fit baby seats, but would recommend to get a corolla since it is much safer in a slightly bigger car if anything unfortunate happens.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users