Toyota Matrix/Blade Rally Edition

2ZR - FE

Hey all,

Found these images of the Toyota Blade. It apparently has a 2.4L Supercharged engine maybe the 3ZR-FE, not sure. I think it looks a little like the new WRX but overall I think that it looks hot!!! From what I have read the Blade is stock all-wheel drive with the stock 2.4L producing 158bhp.

You reckon Toyota Australia would import this beast to be the Oz TRD Corolla?

post-6926-1202350120_thumb.jpg

post-6926-1202350134_thumb.jpg

post-6926-1202350149_thumb.jpg

Hey all,

Found these images of the Toyota Blade. It apparently has a 2.4L Supercharged engine maybe the 3ZR-FE, not sure. I think it looks a little like the new WRX but overall I think that it looks hot!!! From what I have read the Blade is stock all-wheel drive with the stock 2.4L producing 158bhp.

The 2.4 is a 2AZFE, the same 2.4 that has been found in the Camry for the past 5 years or so. The 3ZR is a 2.0L, by the way.

Hey all,

The 2.4 is a 2AZFE, the same 2.4 that has been found in the Camry for the past 5 years or so. The 3ZR is a 2.0L, by the way.

yeah sorry I agree the 2.4L that is the base model which is the 2AZ-FE and an upgrade model will get you the 2GR-FE 3.5L V6 found in the Aurion, maybe the Rally spec would be the TRD Aurion equivalent?

It would handle better and the 0-100 times would be quicker than the Aurion. Cmon Toyota we want the Blade!!!

Edited by 2ZR - FE

Why not just import one your self and be one of a kind??

hahaha lol im tryin to pay my base model Ascent off, I would never be able to afford it! Any other takers? should start a donation thread for people to donate money for um...(thinking) me to buy the blade.

someone who knows the importation laws more than i do can clarify but i dont think you'll be able to compliance it.

they will need to do the crash testing on it i think and a whole bunch of other things. This is why the caldina hasnt been a big thing up until now .... i think they went through the whole process ..... can anyone clarify becuz this is just info i have on here say.

thats so farkin sexy!!!

I'm pretty sure you're right bill.. Its like with the R35 GTR that has been approved for import, i'm pretty sure it has to go through crash testing and a few other things before it can be complianced, so i don't see why it wouldn't be the same with this..

thats so farkin sexy!!!

I'm pretty sure you're right bill.. Its like with the R35 GTR that has been approved for import, i'm pretty sure it has to go through crash testing and a few other things before it can be complianced, so i don't see why it wouldn't be the same with this..

i was pretty sure i heard u need to waste 3 cars before u can start bringing them in ..... again could be wrong .... but this is also a way to protect the local car industry and make sure the cars comply with all aussie standards.

if anyone is serious and wants to look into it you might want to start here

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/saf.../importing.aspx

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4371

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a conversion done? It deffenitely sounds easier than importing them, and you could maybe even choose a better option...

hmmmmmm maybe not ..... u might want to look into that 1 ...... last time i checked before building my car if i wanted to run the celica gt4 running gear and 3sgte it was going to cost me $50K just for the conversion and the car wouldnt even be street legal ..... so add the car cost ontop of that and u still cant drive it on the street

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a conversion done? It deffenitely sounds easier than importing them, and you could maybe even choose a better option...

hmmmmmm maybe not ..... u might want to look into that 1 ...... last time i checked before building my car if i wanted to run the celica gt4 running gear and 3sgte it was going to cost me $50K just for the conversion and the car wouldnt even be street legal ..... so add the car cost ontop of that and u still cant drive it on the street

wow, sounds like you know your stuff... So engine conversion is out of the question and well importing just for me is not an option, then how would it compare to an engine rebuild for a safe boost. Im guessing that it would not only be the engine but suspension and brake upgrades that add to the engine build to accomodate the increase in boost right? I'm just curious and am not thinking about doing this at all right now, but how much would you put aside for a project like this?

someone who knows the importation laws more than i do can clarify but i dont think you'll be able to compliance it.

they will need to do the crash testing on it i think and a whole bunch of other things. This is why the caldina hasnt been a big thing up until now .... i think they went through the whole process ..... can anyone clarify becuz this is just info i have on here say.

i once asked a dealer (one of those jap imports) if they could import a runx into australia. They told me that runx wasnt on the import list and he showed me the list which consits of a bunch of cars u CAN import and if the car u want is not on there, tough luck, i dont know what u have to go through to get them in or rather you prob wont be able to (thats as much as i know/understand - correct me if im wrong)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dong-soo

could you import a blade and swap the vin plate and state that its the old car and it has had an engine conversion ?? lol proberly not... i am half asleep by the way/.

Definitely cooler than current Oz TRD offerings, lol...

Personally, way too overdone. Get rid of the bonnet scoop (id be happy with a simple vent or two, Evo style, if they really need to keep it), make the rear spoiler a little more subtle, and seriously ditch that stupid roof scoop...

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm..... You can't really have a "rally edition" without the roof scoop, sort of a rally thing.... and if the one illustrated is S/C, the scoop on the bonnet is probably supporting a top mounted intercooler, a la Wrx. It's a rally edition, it's meant to look nasty and aggressive! :spiteful:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks nice but 158hp??? Seriously Toyota need to look at what everyone esle is powering their cars with and how much power they are putting out. Stop making sports models that Grandpa could drive. Put something in it that would rival or be better than the Sportivo Corolla.

As for importing cars yourself unless it's on the import list then no chance unless you buy a few and crash test them as Billy boy has said.

Caldina's are now in Oz!! Seen about 3 or 4 in the last couple of weeks in Brissy. One was the GT-4 edition which i really do like the look of. Front is ultra sexy and kinda aggressive with bonnet scoop.