Turning off TRC (Traction Control)

MASH

Hello MASH,

Ive now been able to turn off the TRC via the procedure I detailed above, ( With car in Park )

But I was unable to turn it off via your procedure while in drive, I must be doing something wrong.

Maybe the foot brake needs to be held on when doing the two park brake operations , If so, that wasnt in your description.

Derek.

Derek, could you please update or modify the steps below since you got it work because if I follow the steps below it doesn't work.

Thanks

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

3. Engage the parking brake.

4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

6. Disengage the parking brake.

7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

10. Release the brake pedal.

11. Engage the parking brake.

12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

Mash,

This is strange, The instuctions above are correct as far as I know, ( It did work last weekend for me )

But now I'm having trouble getting it to work, I suspect it's a timing issue. ( or I'm not holding my mouth in the correct position )

I'll see if I can work it out and let you know.

Derek.

Derek, Im pretty sure they are correct too. Yes you are correct unfortunately it is a timing issue, when pressing the break / parking break you cant be too slow or too fast. When I was at the dealership it took the sales rep 2 times.. first time wasn't fast enough, second time he got it. He wouldn't show me again after the second time :-| and I dont blame him lol.

OK There is a trick too it. After much experimenting.

To TURN OFF TRACTION CONTROL

The Procedure below MUST be completed quickly, less than 30 Secs from my testing.

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

3. Engage the parking brake.

4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

6. Disengage the parking brake.

7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

10. Release the brake pedal.

11. Engage the parking brake.

12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

Good Luck & Drive Safely

Derek

Thanks DerekD,

Yes, I think it is a timing issue because I couldn't work it out for a couple of times and then suddently work 1 time and then tried again and it didn't work.

I agree that we need to do it in less than 30secs, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's a timing thing. I got it on the third go. It's alright once you get used to it. Stupid question but does it affect the VSC system or EBD in any way? Considering the handling can go out the window if you push the car too hard with the TC turned off.

• 2 weeks later...

it's 2:30, just got home... saw this post, thought i'd try it.

works perfectly, thanks derek!

took it for a quick run around the streets with it both on and off...

I can't see when i'd actually need it off...

even going round corners hard, there's no point having it off...

if anything your car picks up traction more quickly when you have TC on...

I can see why you'd want it off in a RWD and want to drift...

but (and someone correct me if i'm wrong) there's absolutely no point having it off in a FWD...

unless of course your stuck in mud or something...

it's 2:30, just got home... saw this post, thought i'd try it.

works perfectly, thanks derek!

took it for a quick run around the streets with it both on and off...

I can't see when i'd actually need it off...

even going round corners hard, there's no point having it off...

if anything your car picks up traction more quickly when you have TC on...

I can see why you'd want it off in a RWD and want to drift...

but (and someone correct me if i'm wrong) there's absolutely no point having it off in a FWD...

unless of course your stuck in mud or something...

I am sure you are 100% correct on this. Apart from being able to HOON around there is very little point at all. I have tried it and even on wet grass the traction control settings are sensible enough for you to get out of slippery situation. I doubt the car would be faster round corners on a track or even at the dragstrip with it off.

If your into drifting then why would you want TCS on!, defeats the purpose.

And dragging, if your serious about going to the strip to drag, burning old rubber to get to the fresher layers and heating them up is a good method to increase your grip... helps the takeoff times and maintains traction when the torque/power builds up, If you *know* how to drag you can achieve better times with TCS off than on, its all about controlling the power delivery in the first few gears.

But to drive on roads, you would be silly to turn it off as its a safety feature for the environment you are driving in. any other acts of turning it off and taking advantage of it being off is plain Hooning and dangerous.

No one is really going to do well drifting in an Aurion.

I can't think of a worse car for it FWD single spinner with foot parking brake. Just hopeless.

Drag racing maybe be a bit better but without a LSD the launch with TC off is tricky and with it on it's reasonably controlled and probably hard to do better with it off even with lots of practice. I just found the front wheels spin and bounce up and down something shocking while the other guys drive past you quietly. FWD is not much fun for drag racing. Certainly I am not used to it which is half the problem maybe.

Guest dong-soo

FF cars will corner better and understeer less with traction control on...

p[lease do not ask me to explain... my time is limited

No one is really going to do well drifting in an Aurion.

I can't think of a worse car for it FWD single spinner with foot parking brake. Just hopeless.

Drag racing maybe be a bit better but without a LSD the launch with TC off is tricky and with it on it's reasonably controlled and probably hard to do better with it off even with lots of practice. I just found the front wheels spin and bounce up and down something shocking while the other guys drive past you quietly. FWD is not much fun for drag racing. Certainly I am not used to it which is half the problem maybe.

yep, FWD drag takes practice, Ive seen HiPo civics do 12's on the qtr so its not all bad. But naturally a FWD is worse than RWD when we talk about serious power. The natural clockwise body torque when having crazy power means less grip on the front tyres as the weight is pulling backwards e.g. to the rear wheels.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...

OK I made up a circuit to apply the traction control in a matter of turn a rotary switch from 1 to 11 which can activate the traction control, then back to OFF in position 12.

Still need to test it guy's so this is a DRAFT.

So if I've done any wiring mistake please let me know.

Wiring_diagram_to_switches.jpg?lgfp=3000

Traction_control_switch.jpg?lgfp=3000

Line_drawing.jpg?lgfp=3000
2_pole_12_ways_switch.jpg?lgfp=3000

Edited by Aurion ZR6

OK I made up a circuit to apply the traction control in a matter of turn a rotary switch from 1 to 11 which can activate the traction control, then back to OFF in position 12.

Still need to test it guy's so this is a DRAFT.

So if I've done any wiring mistake please let me know.

Pictures aren't loading mate, but I get what your are trying to acheive. I was going to do a similar thing with just two dual stage switches but eventually opted for the messier method shown a while back by overriding the speed sensors. If you could fix the links for the diagram you have, I could give it a once over for you. Only thing I'm not sure about would be how much time between on and off the ECU requires to process that you are performing that procedure.

Edited by Tard

OK I've fixed picture links, I think we have 30 seconds to complete the cycle of disabling the Traction Control.

Anyway I think the hardest part will be will soldering the internal links within the rotary switch so the common rotary over the link between the positions.

Drew