Activating a new key( Toyota Echo 2004)

cammy

Just bought a new key from Toyota. Took it to the locksmith to have it cut, and then a friend of mine activated the key for me (got the procedure from Toyota)...

If have a Toyota Echo Sedan 1.5L 2004. If you are looking for the procedure to activate your key, contact me.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

my 99 echo only came with one key.. i figured it was probably a good idea to get a second just in case i do something stupid like lock my keys in my car at home then have to bother with getting RAC all the way out to my house to retrieve my keys. but as it is a second hand car i dont have the immobiliser number or anything.

would the process be much the same as it is to the yaris new keys? ill have to call toyota on monday when im at work too make sure. im just glad i found this thread or i'd be trying to sort this out for weeks

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi mate, sorry to be a pain. So with a new key from toyota and then having it cut to match my key this should work to activate the new key?

The chip in my key is totally destroyed and doesnt work. So a new key is required.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi mate, sorry to be a pain. So with a new key from toyota and then having it cut to match my key this should work to activate the new key?

Yes, or try it with an ebay key first to save some money. I have heard of people buying ebay keys and coding them successfully.

The chip in my key is totally destroyed and doesn't work. So a new key is required.

Just curious, how did you damage your key?

• 3 months later...

Hi guys I've got an 05 Echo and the shell is damaged but the electronics are fine. If I buy a replacement shell from Toyota can I just get the key cut and screw open the shell and put my current(still working) electronics in it?

D

• 5 years later...