Thermo Fan continuosly running

Bangers88

Hey all,

Has anyone had trouble with the thermo fan on a v6 wide body vienta keep running the whole time the car is running after putting a pod filter on? If so is there any way to make it run as normal instead of always goin?

Cheers.

how long have u had the pod filter on for??? u may need to wait a while for the ecu to adjust....if its been doing this for a long time.....then perhaps the pod filter maybe sucking too much heat??

how long have u had the pod filter on for??? u may need to wait a while for the ecu to adjust....if its been doing this for a long time.....then perhaps the pod filter maybe sucking too much heat??

i was thinking that it may be the heat causing it as its only sitting in the bottom half of the filter box until i get the chance to make either a heat shield or extend it to a full cold air in. Ive had the car for just under 2 months so im only new to modden toyotas. The pod has been on there for about a month and the ecu has adjusted to my style of driving so i asume that it would had done the same with the pod. But ill try and get a shield made up and see how that goes, not that the fan is a problem but its just a pain in the **** everytime ya get out of the car ya legs get blasted with hot air. cheers.

You have the aircon runnin at all???

I'd recommend resetting the ECU... let it renew the AFM and see if it fixes the problem.

Thermostat not working properly?? What's the temp inside the car mate? Should be halfway once she's all warm.

Hey all,

Has anyone had trouble with the thermo fan on a v6 wide body vienta keep running the whole time the car is running after putting a pod filter on? If so is there any way to make it run as normal instead of always goin?

Cheers.

I'd be surprised if the new air filter was the cause for fan staying on...

replacing the original filter will quickly eliminate the pod as the cause, for free..

I'd recommend resetting the ECU... let it renew the AFM and see if it fixes the problem.

Thermostat not working properly?? What's the temp inside the car mate? Should be halfway once she's all warm.

Yeah temp on the dash is normal no dramas there. How do you rest the ECU? give me a commo or falcon i can do it but as i said new to the toyotas but learning slowly but surely.

Yeah temp on the dash is normal no dramas there. How do you rest the ECU? give me a commo or falcon i can do it but as i said new to the toyotas but learning slowly but surely.

ecu re-set procedure is the same as u know how on commo... they all work the same way

and will re-learn any variation to circumstance over time anyway...

but a re-set will not fix your fan allways on prob...

that will be a faulty sensor sending power to the relay or fan motor

deffinetely not POD related... or from sucking some warm air...

and that can be confirmed for free, by putting the original filter back...say 10 mins max.

ecu re-set procedure is the same as u know how on commo... they all work the same way

and that can be confirmed for free, by putting the original filter back...say 10 mins max.

ok cheers if that was the case if i either took the relay out or disconnected the sensor would that give me the defenate answer? also the fan is a hydrolic 1 (however thats spelt) so does that run on some sort of vavle controlled by like an actuator or?? just a thought caise any electric fan pull out relay fan stops so just wondering if thats the same case with these.

ok cheers if that was the case if i either took the relay out or disconnected the sensor would that give me the defenate answer? also the fan is a hydrolic 1 (however thats spelt) so does that run on some sort of vavle controlled by like an actuator or?? just a thought caise any electric fan pull out relay fan stops so just wondering if thats the same case with these.

ok you are right... I presumed your fan was electric

sorry I don't know what triggers the hydraulic fan drive...

others may know...

but I still very much doubt it will be pod related...

with engine warmed up... stop then feel with hand your radiator core

it should be uniformly warm... a cold area indicates blocked radiator tubes... this will result in fan running , I had that same experience.

• 6 years later...

Hey..this is an old thread but how did you get on with the problem of the hydraulic fan stuck on. Its now happening to my 1995 Camry V6 and it sounds like an aircraft engine. The fan increases speed with engine revs and the engine is running normal temp. I have no overheat.