Aurion sportivo paint, manual, transmission oil and remote key

JIN

In general, if you get a remote of that design off eBay, you can use them with your Aurion after you get the dealer to code it in.

I would try to get one from Australia though just to be on the safe side. I purchased mine from eBay around a year ago for $27 shipped, but now it seems that the sellers there have picked up on it and have put the prices up. They usually show up on there every now and again.

For the price of that one listed above, you may as well buy it and see how it goes.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The transmission is a sealed unit. Thats what the sales guy told me when I bought the car.

which is why i will never buy an aurion, as sweet as the engine may be... give me a manual, or a way to service the auto, but don't tell me that fluid is good for 100k...

You can still have the fluid changed at request. You can even change it yourself if you take the appropriate care to make sure the transmission fluid is heated to the right temperature.

Even if the only way to change the transmission fluid was through Toyota, I'd still pick an Aurion over a manual 4 cylinder Camry any day.

----------

Edit: After looking at the U660E service manual again (haven't looked at it since last year when I first posted in this thread), changing the transmission fluid on the Aurion is actually easier than it was anticipated at first. You don't need the Intelligent Tester as that is only used to get the transmission fluid up to 39 degrees before starting the procedure. You should be able to work this out without the need for the IT if you want to change it yourself.

Basically you just need to do the following (page 164 onwards):

1. BEFORE FILLING TRANSAXLE WITH FLUID

• This transaxle requires Genuine ATF WS transmission fluid.

• After servicing the transaxle, you must refill the transaxle with the correct amount of fluid.

• Maintain the vehicle in a horizontal position while adjusting fluid level.

• Proceed to step 2 if the oil pan, valve body, drive shaft, and/or torque converter has been removed or if the oil seal has been replaced.

• Proceed to step 3 if oil leakage has been repaired and if the oil cooler and cooler hose have been removed.

2. FILL TRANSAXLE PAN WITH FLUID

(a) Remove the engine under cover LH.

(
b
) Remove the engine under cover RH.

(
c
) Remove the under front fender apron seal RH.

(d) Remove the refill plug and overflow plug.

(e) Fill the transaxle through the refill hole until fluid begins to trickle out of the overflow tube.

(f) Temporarily install the overflow plug.

3. FILL TRANSAXLE WITH FLUID

(a) Fill the transaxle with the correct amount of fluid (shown in service manual).

HINT:

If you cannot add the listed amount of fluid, do the following:

(1) Temporarily install the refill plug.

(2) Allow the engine to idle with the air conditioning OFF.

(3) Move the shift lever through entire gear range to circulate fluid.

(4) Move the shift lever to the P position.

(5) Wait for 30 seconds with the engine idling.

(6) Stop the engine.

(7) Remove the refill plug and add fluid.

(8) Reinstall the refill plug.

(b) Temporarily install the refill plug to avoid fluid splash.

4. CIRCULATE AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE FLUID

(a) Allow the engine to idle with the air conditioning OFF.

(b) Move the shift lever through entire gear range to circulate the fluid.

5. CHECK FLUID TEMPERATURE

NOTICE: The fluid temperature should be less than 40°C(104°F) before beginning the fluid temperature check.

(a) With the intelligent tester:

(1) Connect the intelligent tester to the DLC3.

(2) Select the tester menus: OBD/MOBD, ENGINE, DATA LIST and A/T.

(3) Check A/T OIL TEMP.

(4) Allow the engine to idle until the fluid temperature reaches 39°C (102°F).

(b) Without the intelligent tester (Using D shift indicator):

(1) Connect terminals CG (4) and TC (13) of the DLC3 using SST (SST 09843-18040) - Or a paperclip will do the trick ;) .

(2) Move the shift lever back and forth between N and D at 1.5 seconds interval for 6 seconds.

(3) The D shift indicator on the combination meter comes on for 2 seconds when the fluid temperature is within the appropriate temperature range.

(4) The D shift indicator will come on again when the fluid temperature reaches 40°C (104°F) and will blink when it exceeds 45°C (113°F).

(5) After confirming that the D shift indicator turns off, move the shift lever to the P position and remove the SST from terminals CG and TC.

6. CHECK TRANSAXLE FLUID LEVEL

NOTICE: The fluid temperature must be between 40°C (104°F) and 45°C (113°F) to accurately check the fluid level.

(a) Remove the overflow plug with the engine idling.

(b) Check that the fluid comes out of the overflow tube. If fluid does not come out, proceed to step 7. If fluid comes out, wait until the overflow slows to a trickle and proceed to step 8.

7. ADD FLUID

(a) Install the overflow plug.

(b) Remove the refill plug.

(c) Add the fluid until it comes out of the overflow plug.

(d) Wait until the overflow slows to a trickle.

(e) Install the overflow plug with a new gasket.

(f) Install the refill plug with a new gasket.

(g) Stop the engine.

8. AFTER FILLING TRANSMISSION

(a) Install the overflow plug with a new gasket. Torque: 40 N*m (408 kgf*cm, 30 ft.*lbf)

(b) Install the refill plug with a new gasket. Torque: 49 N*m (500 kgf*cm, 36 ft.*lbf)

(c) Stop the engine.

So essentially, all you need to do is find a way to measure the automatic fluid transmission temperature in step 5a without the Intelligent Tester, and you can change the fluid yourself. The only reason why I can imagine that step is required is just to save time so you don't need to wait for long for the fluid to get in between 40 and 45 degrees. So long as it's warm and below 40 degrees when you do step 5b, you should have no issues.

So there you go. I'll gladly stick with my Aurion regardless of the procedure to change it or whether Toyota say it will last 160,000km or more. I will have it changed when I feel it should be, whether it be myself or Toyota that does it.

i think i will change fluid more often being a taxi stop starting all the time, ive got 89k on the clock now might change it at 100k my mcvr36 did 320k in 4 years and i changed the fluid 3 times with that one.

i think i will change fluid more often being a taxi stop starting all the time, ive got 89k on the clock now might change it at 100k my mcvr36 did 320k in 4 years and i changed the fluid 3 times with that one.

I'm changing mine at 90,000km which is what the manual states for severe conditions, which I'm sure mine matches that description. That is 10,000km away for me, which is about the same distance away as your 100,000km mark. I'd be fairly sure that you reach that point before me, so let me know how it goes.

I'm really starting to consider taking mine to Toyota for them to do it, but I'll see how I go.

I'm changing mine at 90,000km which is what the manual states for severe conditions, which I'm sure mine matches that description. That is 10,000km away for me, which is about the same distance away as your 100,000km mark. I'd be fairly sure that you reach that point before me, so let me know how it goes.

I'm really starting to consider taking mine to Toyota for them to do it, but I'll see how I go.

im quite luck here in hobart, i have a group of ex toyota employees who set up their own buisiness nearly 10 years ago. they still attend all the toyota servicing update courses, better than an apprentice at a service centre ( had problem with one of those when i first got the car ) and they dont charge like a service centre either.

• 3 years later...

The transmission is a sealed unit. Thats what the sales guy told me when I bought the car.

which is why i will never buy an aurion, as sweet as the engine may be... give me a manual, or a way to service the auto, but don't tell me that fluid is good for 100k...

You can still have the fluid changed at request. You can even change it yourself if you take the appropriate care to make sure the transmission fluid is heated to the right temperature.

Even if the only way to change the transmission fluid was through Toyota, I'd still pick an Aurion over a manual 4 cylinder Camry any day.

----------

Edit: After looking at the U660E service manual again (haven't looked at it since last year when I first posted in this thread), changing the transmission fluid on the Aurion is actually easier than it was anticipated at first. You don't need the Intelligent Tester as that is only used to get the transmission fluid up to 39 degrees before starting the procedure. You should be able to work this out without the need for the IT if you want to change it yourself.

Basically you just need to do the following (page 164 onwards):

1. BEFORE FILLING TRANSAXLE WITH FLUID

• This transaxle requires Genuine ATF WS transmission fluid.

• After servicing the transaxle, you must refill the transaxle with the correct amount of fluid.

• Maintain the vehicle in a horizontal position while adjusting fluid level.

• Proceed to step 2 if the oil pan, valve body, drive shaft, and/or torque converter has been removed or if the oil seal has been replaced.

• Proceed to step 3 if oil leakage has been repaired and if the oil cooler and cooler hose have been removed.

2. FILL TRANSAXLE PAN WITH FLUID

(a) Remove the engine under cover LH.

(b) Remove the engine under cover RH.

(c) Remove the under front fender apron seal RH.

(d) Remove the refill plug and overflow plug.

(e) Fill the transaxle through the refill hole until fluid begins to trickle out of the overflow tube.

(f) Temporarily install the overflow plug.

3. FILL TRANSAXLE WITH FLUID

(a) Fill the transaxle with the correct amount of fluid (shown in service manual).

HINT:

If you cannot add the listed amount of fluid, do the following:

(1) Temporarily install the refill plug.

(2) Allow the engine to idle with the air conditioning OFF.

(3) Move the shift lever through entire gear range to circulate fluid.

(4) Move the shift lever to the P position.

(5) Wait for 30 seconds with the engine idling.

(6) Stop the engine.

(7) Remove the refill plug and add fluid.

(8) Reinstall the refill plug.

(b) Temporarily install the refill plug to avoid fluid splash.

4. CIRCULATE AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE FLUID

(a) Allow the engine to idle with the air conditioning OFF.

(b) Move the shift lever through entire gear range to circulate the fluid.

5. CHECK FLUID TEMPERATURE

NOTICE: The fluid temperature should be less than 40°C(104°F) before beginning the fluid temperature check.

(a) With the intelligent tester:

(1) Connect the intelligent tester to the DLC3.

(2) Select the tester menus: OBD/MOBD, ENGINE, DATA LIST and A/T.

(3) Check A/T OIL TEMP.

(4) Allow the engine to idle until the fluid temperature reaches 39°C (102°F).

(b) Without the intelligent tester (Using D shift indicator):

(1) Connect terminals CG (4) and TC (13) of the DLC3 using SST (SST 09843-18040) - Or a paperclip will do the trick wink.gif .

(2) Move the shift lever back and forth between N and D at 1.5 seconds interval for 6 seconds.

(3) The D shift indicator on the combination meter comes on for 2 seconds when the fluid temperature is within the appropriate temperature range.

(4) The D shift indicator will come on again when the fluid temperature reaches 40°C (104°F) and will blink when it exceeds 45°C (113°F).

(5) After confirming that the D shift indicator turns off, move the shift lever to the P position and remove the SST from terminals CG and TC.

6. CHECK TRANSAXLE FLUID LEVEL

NOTICE: The fluid temperature must be between 40°C (104°F) and 45°C (113°F) to accurately check the fluid level.

(a) Remove the overflow plug with the engine idling.

(b) Check that the fluid comes out of the overflow tube. If fluid does not come out, proceed to step 7. If fluid comes out, wait until the overflow slows to a trickle and proceed to step 8.

7. ADD FLUID

(a) Install the overflow plug.

(b) Remove the refill plug.

(c) Add the fluid until it comes out of the overflow plug.

(d) Wait until the overflow slows to a trickle.

(e) Install the overflow plug with a new gasket.

(f) Install the refill plug with a new gasket.

(g) Stop the engine.

8. AFTER FILLING TRANSMISSION

(a) Install the overflow plug with a new gasket. Torque: 40 N*m (408 kgf*cm, 30 ft.*lbf)

(b) Install the refill plug with a new gasket. Torque: 49 N*m (500 kgf*cm, 36 ft.*lbf)

(c) Stop the engine.So essentially, all you need to do is find a way to measure the automatic fluid transmission temperature in step 5a without the Intelligent Tester, and you can change the fluid yourself. The only reason why I can imagine that step is required is just to save time so you don't need to wait for long for the fluid to get in between 40 and 45 degrees. So long as it's warm and below 40 degrees when you do step 5b, you should have no issues.

So there you go. I'll gladly stick with my Aurion regardless of the procedure to change it or whether Toyota say it will last 160,000km or more. I will have it changed when I feel it should be, whether it be myself or Toyota that does it.

I could find any statement of how to drain out the old fluid in above guide, there is only talk about to add fluid from refill plug and check it at the overflow plug.

Pls guide

Thank you

• 1 year later...

Apologies for the thread mine but I thought people might be interested to know that my TRD Aurion is till going strong on the original transmission fluid having covered 190,000 Km's.

I was trolling around the net trying to find how I change it myself but for a few hundred bucks I'll give it to Toyota. I do the rest of the servicing myself.