Just bought a '65 Toyota Crown Deluxe

B goldee

Hi All,

Just bought my dream car! 65 Toyota Crown in Melbourne, drove it back to Adelaide sitting on 105 k's most of the way. Ran great! Bought it from a lady who had it for 30 years. No rust or dents, couple of bent bits of chrome here and there Interested in chattin about this model, what to look out for, any tips, etc.

Cheers

Just want to restore it back to original, not too many mods to it. The most I might do is respray it down the track.

I should say the 65 is my dream Crown! There's plenty of others I'd like to own, it's more that I like the jap 60's styling, I've owned and restored 60's Jap bikes & scooters (Fuji Rabbits) and my last old Jap car was a Honda z360 till it was written off by someone who confused they're brake from there accelerator pedal, was immaculate too.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks....I plan to take the thing off the road at the end of the year and paint it up. Definately a white roof but I think a period color will be the go.

To the OP, great pick up. If it's the one I'm thinking of, a couple people had their eye on it here in Melbourne. They're pretty indestructible, the 3R is pretty gutless but will go forever. Sometimes, they can get water in the oil - before you go whipping off the head to replace the head gasket, the head has a couple of welch plugs in it - replace those with some brass items. The doors have a stopper - make sure you replace this otherwise they 'over open' leading to bent side strip chromes (which are almost impossible to get nowadays). Should you ever get the urge to fit disc brakes to the front, get some Hiace disc brakes (model RH40/1). Just buy the complete stub axle and use the Hiace lower ball joint (top one is the same as the Crown).

Suggest you potter over to classicrown forums and have a look around too. Biggest Crown club in the world!!

Thanks for the advice. I picked this one up in Glen Roy. Gotta say I was pleasantly surprised I made it from Melbourne to Adelaide, it ran great!!

Anyway I have to give this Crown up! as I've found another (crown) and only have room for one Crown at a time unfortunately. If anyone is looking for one let me know through here or mob 0413 791 558 before I have to ebayit.

Cheers

Was thinkin around 1400 ono, open to offers if I can move it quickly. Also have for sale, straight front fender panels, front bumper, a few tailight assemblies and bits and pieces. Will do some more pics today

Cheers

Was thinkin around 1400 ono, open to offers if I can move it quickly. Also have for sale, straight front fender panels, front bumper, a few tailight assemblies and bits and pieces. Will do some more pics today

Cheers

Some pics of the interior and the front door chromes would be good.

Here's a few pics. By the way nice wagon, the first time I saw one of these years ago is what got me into Crowns. Anyway a whole lot more photo's if needed. It's all pretty much there, runs well, paints has a bit of discolouration here and there. Interior's not bad, drivers side seat a bit worn, dash perished. There's a few pics of the spares too.

post-8464-1212993727_thumb.jpg

post-8464-1212993779_thumb.jpg

post-8464-1212993827_thumb.jpg

post-8464-1212993860_thumb.jpg

post-8464-1212993882_thumb.jpg

post-8464-1212993909_thumb.jpg

post-8464-1212993926_thumb.jpg

post-8464-1212993944_thumb.jpg

post-8464-1212993959_thumb.jpg

post-8464-1212993992_thumb.jpg

post-8464-1212994012_thumb.jpg

I tried to convince the wife (who wants a muscle car) that this could be her project car. But as we just brought an 04 Avalon, have a 67 Corolla, a lanos and an eb falcoon.... She said no :angry:

What engine (model and ltr) does this have??

I tried to convince the wife (who wants a muscle car) that this could be her project car. But as we just brought an 04 Avalon, have a 67 Corolla, a lanos and an eb falcoon.... She said no :angry:

What engine (model and ltr) does this have??

It's a 4 cylinder 3R 1897 cc engine, but judging by gianttomato's wagon you can fit a whole lot more in there!

Cheers