FASTER THAN R50 V10 TWIN TURBO VW TOE RAG! (AWD KX-S Kluger) 7.10 seconds 0-100kph (+ FJ Cruiser) 6.84 seconds 0-100kph V6=Don Mega!!!!

RICE RACING

Performance

Max. speed (km/h)

0-100km/h (sec)

^ Taken from Toyota's official press release kit on the AWD model listed here (look at bottom of page) http://www.pressroom.com.au/press_kit_deta...0&kitID=229

So I can officially say Toyota have *understated* the figure by .13 of a second :)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Performance

Max. speed (km/h)

0-100km/h (sec)

^ Taken from Toyota's official press release kit on the AWD model listed here (look at bottom of page) http://www.pressroom.com.au/press_kit_deta...0&kitID=229

So I can officially say Toyota have *understated* the figure by .13 of a second :)

Jeps, don't we just love our beasts to the MAX.

I've a new commodore sitting at home that I'm baby sitting for reasons to complicated to touch on here.

After sitting in it and moving it, it's just a Go Kart in comparision and those side mirrors that are no bigger than the Mary Kay ones my wife has in her handbag.

Just so glad I got out out of Commodores last Nov. :yahoo::yahoo:

http://www.sportwing.premiersitecreator.co...893.htm#image_1

^ Anyone know if these will match my blue? ...... look like a good idea and they kinda break up the big panel effect of the doors

No idea, but I've been looking for these for ages. Thanks!

According to the companies website, they only ship to mainland USA. So, by the time you ship them to someone you know over there, then get them shipped here, they'll be quite expensive.

Need to find some here in Aus.

All this talk is making me hungry for a Kluger fix - I can't wait for mine to be ready to pick up!! :)

Edited by holmesie

I got a bit excited today after finishing some alloy tank fabrication and decided to get rid of all of the plastic crap from underneath my Klugie :D WOW it took a fair bit of time! basically only thing left is front most plastic guard but all else removed up to the fuel tank heat shield :D

Will let the engine run cooler when I tow but also let me look under neath and check mechanicals with ease, in my experience of real racing cars the half ****d attempt by toyota to put this stuff under the car will yield SFA benifit in aero drag only adding extra weight for no reason (other than to pretty it up and stop people from working on the car) and a heap of stuff that catches stones and debris and generally vibrates with time ......... have to weight the stuff but its probably 10kg+ of various brackets, bolts, plastic shields etc.

Take some pics tomorrow. Oh and had to silicone the front metal extension to the alloy heat shield on the tank that basically had no bracing and moved a fair bit, Toyota put some rather tacky foam spacers on inside of this guard to stop the rattles, I just stuck it to the tank :lol: for a vibration free fix.

My oil did not arrive today so have to wait till next week to do service and more VBOX tests, will do 400m as well as another 0-100kph.

BIG NEWS!

KX-S Kluger with over 1/2 tank of BP98 Ultimate fuel and 1055km on odometer (run in) with tow bar, rubber cargo mat and bolt on plastics (heavier than stock)

TEST conditions: Ambient temperature 11 deg C, RH 60%, Pressure 1021Kpa, Tire pressure 36psi, Traction and stability control OFF.

OFFICIAL 1/4 mile and 0-100kph figures :D :D :D

R U Ready????????

0-100kph

7.45 seconds ! & 7.43 seconds !

0-60mph

6.99 seconds ! & 7.00 seconds !

1/4 mile or 402.34 meters

15.71 seconds ! @143.01 kph or 88.86 mph (compared to MOTORTREND's 87.7mph same time though)

400m

15.65 seconds ! @ 142.74 kph

I will post up the VBOX Tools analysis graphs for full split times and also altitude verification (flat road!) I did the 0-100kph test on two seperate pieces of road just to be sure ! :D :D :D

This thing is a freaking bullet!!! and I still have not put in my new engine oil yet :lol:

So for any jockies out there wanting to debate the speed of the Kluger feel free to give them my number and I will supply my data or even my car for any doubters hahahaha ! GO THE MIGHTY KLUGER!!!

Edited by RICE RACING

Oh yeah economy update 327km covered (I call driving hard) with this performance testing and its using a mighty 11.5lt per 100km ............. did I say I love this car? :D :lol: I still have half a tank of fuel left and have covered nearly 1100km! and only filled it twice (it came with just over half a tank from the dealer). The car is flat out sick! could not be happier, I hope others who use forums to base a decision from fact and BS find some value in this information.

Here is the economy figures as detailed in previous posts (very hard driving) also I reset the computer after this mornings VBOX 1/4 mile testing and went from home to town, stopped at 3 sets of traffic lights and drove back up hill to my place with no full throttle stupidity and you can see the average economy over 30km distance when driving normally.

NOTE: BP Ultimate 98 is only fuel I run.

Economy run

klugrice11ms3.jpg

Total Km's covered since new and fuel left in tank

klugrice12kv1.jpg

Average after six 0-100kph tests (in total), one 1/4 mile run, and full load running in on hills and from starts + long idling and general dicking around on farm at low speed as well (327km covered)

klugrice13rb9.jpg

Edited by RICE RACING

Oh yeah, one of my mates rang me to say the new Toe Rag R50 ($130,000 850NM all talk) SUV was tested by Wheels with their VBOX equipment to verify manufacturers claims v's REALITY

This is what it got testing it one million times for best performance.

"Touareg R50 0-100 8.2 seconds, 1/4 Mile 15.9@143.7 Kph (Times to Beat Pete)"

:toast::toast::toast:

^ Did some one say OWNED by the mighty Kluger!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

LOL, someone needs to call Toyota and rip into them for total false advertising :lol: the car is 0.8 seconds faster than their *claimed* 0-100kph :clap:

I read somewhere that LEXUS like to understate their times by 0.5 second range looks like this is the case here :o pleasant for a change to get better than what is advertised :)

Here is some figures recorded on another KX-S Kluger with VBOX but on a FWD model, tested in same temperature conditions, you can see speedo variation is the same as I recorded posted earlier.

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car-review/2822729.aspx

PERFORMANCE:

TOYOTA KLUGER KX-S FWD

Power to weight: 105kW/tonne

Speed at indicated 100km/h 96 km/h

Speed in gears:

1 61m/h @ 6600rpm

2 109km/h @ 6600rpm

3 166km/h @ 6600rpm

4 210km/h @ 5600rpm*

5 210km/h @ 4000rpm*

Standing-start acceleration:

0-60 km/h: 3.6 sec

0-80 km/h: 5.7 sec

0-100 km/h: 7.8 sec

0-120 km/h: 11.3 sec

0-140 km/h: 15.0 sec

0-400 m 15.9 sec @ 145 km/h

Rolling acceleration: (80-120km/h)

drive 5.6 sec

Track: Tooradin Airfield, dry. Temp: 12°C. Driver: Bruce Newton

* Estimated or Manufacturer's claim

Edited by RICE RACING

Settle down Ricy your scareing me,

Next thing you will be feeding the Kluger is Rocket Fuel!!!!

LOL :unsure:

Here is the concrete proof with all incremental measures for you boys to pour over :)

klugrice14eq3.jpg

Next test will be with lower fuel, new Mobil 1 0W-40 oil, and I might *if I get excited* take off some of the extra weight to bring it back in line with a stock weight KX-S AWD

Cant wait till you get "excited"

perhaps you could do the Toe Rag towing test comparison down at Tooradin Airport, hook up to a Tiger Moth

I can imagine the photos already.

Humm, I thought to me self, I'm sure I got a Kluger and a blue one at that.

Me thinks tonite when I have me sleep walk at 3.00am'ish after tooo many Crownies tonight. If I open the wrong door in me dinning room and enter the house garage, I may see a red Mustang convertible.

But If me sleep walk is at 5.00am and I'm sobbered up, I should see me blue Kluger.

RR, you have our attention Buddy and we hear you loud and clear. THE KLUGERS A GEM, especially without the dash rattles.

Edited by fish475

It's nearly 1.30am and after a few ales, I've slept walked to my shed, and it's still Klugerless :(

Bring on next week I say!!

Edited by holmesie

Well....... after a little test drive today I found out a little more about the sports shift mode and in particular shifting manually and how exactly to get the car to change gear at 6500rpm v's the 5900rpm or so it does on 1st to 2nd specifically. Also on 2nd to 3rd the engine is short shifted at about 6150rpm. I will apply this new found knowledge on my next test for 0-100kph and also 1/4 mile tests and it should improve another notch or two higher than the last tests which left the various computers shift gear too early :yahoo:

It takes some practice but for those interested you need to shift as soon as the needle hits 5750rpm in first to avoid hitting the rev limiter (by the time everything reacts and decides to change) and in 2nd shift as the needle is between 6000 and 6250rpm.

I can see it doing a very low 7 sec time and prob sub 15.5 for 400m, we will see :D 100% though you CAN shift better in respects to revs of the engine and using all the power available IF you do it manually given engine does not make peak power till 6200rpm then there is more untaped performance to be had for sure :clap:

*be warned if you get the shift points wrong then it will bounce of the 6600rpm rev limiter* the above guide will result in this not happening when you feel the need for speed :lol:

Stop it, you're tempting me to take the FWD down to the local run-what-ya-brung street meet at Hidden Valley Drag Strip.

This is a link to a video of what race vehicle i'm involved with. Scott, Walter and myself have been building drag bikes for many, many years. This latest one should be a 7.5 sec, once we sort out some teething problems. (These teething problems are evident in this test n tune video)

Thanks for the great posts and info!

Edited by PaulG

Settle down Ricy your scareing me,

Next thing you will be feeding the Kluger is Rocket Fuel!!!!

Mate at this rate, RR will be lining up on the starting grid at bathurst come October.

We will await the sports shift testing....

Good Stuff RR, I love it....

Someone asked me about the Race Logic VBOX, not sure if PM worked so will type info here.

The unit I use costs $30,000 Aus dollars... I do professional testing and data analysis of racing and road cars

http://www.fdowners.com/showthread.php?t=899

"Well VBOX3 performed flawlessly and helped me achieve some great results for a bunch of enthusiasts, have a look at some report data in this thread and also will post up some general pictures here now :D

http://www.fdowners.com/showthread.php?t=717&page=9

img2499uk9.jpg

podgraphofboostafraa7.jpg

one58ik2.jpg

compressionjo1.jpg

Here is a detailed look at one58's curve and figures for every couple of hundred rpm, averages are between test lines and also final sum average at bottom of boost and AFR, first test line hidden in results. Is this a format you (I am an idiot i swear) like? bah anyway... I'll keep **** around with it and post whoring the thread up :D

MY TUNE

detailedone58ku2.jpg

DYSON TUNE

detailedone58dysontunenn2.jpg

OK (I am an idiot i swear)!

Here is a list of head to head battles :D

2nd gear acceleration 70kph to 100kph (5k to 7k) for most everyone, also average boost delivered over this period, so you can do back to back comparisons..... READY (I am an idiot i swear)???

Estimated engine power included *rough guide* on this day as tested

ONE58

1.67 seconds 39.53 meters 12.92 psi average (400bhp)

STU83

1.70 seconds 40.22 meters 11.35 psi average (388bhp) Comp 98,97,96Fr 96,93,94Rr *Ported?*

POD

1.77 seconds 42.08 meters 12.79 psi avearge (357bhp) *engine worn out 110,000km genuine* Comp 95,93,88Fr 94,91,89Rr

183ATU

1.82 seconds 43.06 meters 12.07 psi average (338bhp) Comp 111,112,110Fr 106,104,106Rr

Karl

1.85 seconds 43.89 meters 11.32 psi average (327bhp) *biggest hold back is stock exhaust?* Comp 113,114,112Fr 113,115,113Rr

Bern

1.89 seconds 45.35 meters 11.49 psi average (313bhp) *needs better boost pattern and average boost*

Jim S6

1.94 seconds 45.84 meters 11.64 psi average (300bhp) *lower comp, 3mm seals, holding it back, ported* Comp 94,89,87Fr 94,96,94Rr

Some did have far worse times and ONE58 had one that was faster than the one I listed but it involved some clutch/tire slip that was not equal to the others and how they ran their cars so i did not list this figure...... it was also AFTER excessive cooling on highway (it was 1.50 seconds & 35.73 meters for argument sake).... So above is a good indication of back to back for all your cars on same bit of road with all test conditions being held equal.

You need to account for driver weight, **** in car, and fuel load before you all start beating up on each other lol."

However you can get a much simpler Race Logic VBOX and or Performance Box or Drift Box (around $1000 Aus) listed in below link, I also have another VBOX mini ($2600 unit) that I use for quick testing and they basically perform same as the top end unit

http://www.performancebox.co.uk/download/GTECHvPB_Test.pdf

vbox1fq0.jpg

vbox2gx5.jpg

vbox3gb7.jpg

vbox4wa5.jpg

:D

Edited by RICE RACING

Ok, got up at 5am to go do my final batch of tests, running 1/4 tank of 95 oct BP fuel and new Mobil 1 0W-40 oil here are the results run 2 times for validity

test conditions: Tire pressure 38psi, temp 5 deg C, RH70%, pressure 1018kpa, manual shifting, still tow bar attached lol !

0-100kph

7.18 seconds & 7.10 seconds

(shifting so car uses 6500rpm in each gear)

1/4 mile or 402.34 m

15.37 seconds @ 146.66 kph (91.13mph)

400m

15.31 seconds @ 146.39 kph (90.96 mph)

I am very happy with the above, I could ***** around more and take some weight out of it and practice launch technique and experiment with more fuels but honestly this has far exceeded anything I though my Kluger was capable of doing....... very happy and now she will be pampered like a baby.

Oh here is photo of the second back up run, I forgot to hit the logger so only have photo proof :) sorry ........ though its still under 15.5 seconds (measuring slightly over a 1/4 mile or 403m as this is all you can set in metric mode in the field through the MFD.

klugrice15ws0.jpg

0-100kph

7.18 seconds & 7.10 seconds

(shifting so car uses 6500rpm in each gear)

1/4 mile or 402.34 m

15.37 seconds @ 146.66 kph (91.13mph)

400m

15.31 seconds @ 146.39 kph (90.96 mph)

Cool numbers there RR :)