QPS marked Hi-Visibility Toyota Aurion TRD

SV21

well considering its 200Kw compared to the 170somethin commies and falcon...its a no brainier...plus the ride quality must be way better than the other patrol cars...

Guest ddonggae

aurions r faster than commonwhores and falcoons.... plus the aurions are FF, on the street they should out handle FR cars also.

I think the TRD Aurions are rated at 241kw.

But the only other 'highway patrol' cars I've seen up here are the Monaros.

I'd definately prefer the Aurion over a Commodore or Falcon. Even if it isn't the TRD.

The Aurion photo I posted is of a TRD Aurion (note the TRD badging on the rear bumper) :)

post-9463-1217684699_thumb.jpg

I'd definately prefer the Aurion over a Commodore or Falcon. Even if it isn't the TRD.

The Aurion photo I posted is of a TRD Aurion (note the TRD badging on the rear bumper) :)

LOL.. check out the muffler hole... its so black.. they probably floor it whenever they have chance... LOL

Bought mine off the cops a month ago, mine was 004KOO not 008KOO. Car was perfect except for:

1) A couple of scratch lines on the bonnet. I guess they used a knife to peel off the police stickers.

2) Some "genius" cop accidentally ripped off the TRD build number badge on a panel below the aircon controls and he tried to stick it back with glue. Did a crap job and there's glue stains on the panel.

Other than that, drives like a real beauty and I got it for cheap! ^_^ And I love the shocked looks on the Holden drivers when they think I'm rocking up in a stock Aurion, then completely smoke them...

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

Bought mine off the cops a month ago, mine was 004KOO not 008KOO. Car was perfect except for:

1) A couple of scratch lines on the bonnet. I guess they used a knife to peel off the police stickers.

2) Some "genius" cop accidentally ripped off the TRD build number badge on a panel below the aircon controls and he tried to stick it back with glue. Did a crap job and there's glue stains on the panel.

Other than that, drives like a real beauty and I got it for cheap! ^_^ And I love the shocked looks on the Holden drivers when they think I'm rocking up in a stock Aurion, then completely smoke them...

and also they rip off the Toyota badge on rear boot lid to fit the "Highway Patrol" sticker <_<

I wonder if they coppers chip the TRD Aurions putting out more power :lol:

And here is what the standard Aurion looks like in QPS decals.....

647KOO.jpg

By the way, there's another TRD Aurion going on auction this Friday, another ex-police one (rego 003KOO).

http://www.pt.qld.gov.au/auctions/catalog.htm

A fantastic chance for someone to get a TRD for cheap. As a guide, I got mine at 17,000kms and paid $37,500. Use the extra money you save to bling it out like me ^_^

By the way, there's another TRD Aurion going on auction this Friday, another ex-police one (rego 003KOO).

http://www.pt.qld.gov.au/auctions/catalog.htm

A fantastic chance for someone to get a TRD for cheap. As a guide, I got mine at 17,000kms and paid $37,500. Use the extra money you save to bling it out like me ^_^

And here is 001.KOO in use some time ago up north.... :D

001KOO.jpg

Edited by SV21

Agreed about the red though that is the idea. They are meant to be a highly visible presence on the roads. B)

Here's the old style (hardly ever seen now) decals on an Aurion :)

DSC_1107.jpg

• 7 months later...
Evo 10 is a pretty poor choice for a HWP car, image spending all day crusing the HWY in that, wouldn't be very comfortable.

You can probably ask a few officers in the QPS how comfortable they are, as I have seen an unmarked Evo X pulling someone over on the south-east freeway near Greenslopes.