Gear selector cable

Hey guys.....I just got the gear selector cable fixed and is free from rattles!!!

Yay!!

Just got it back yesterday and all seems good.

The down thing is that they stuffed up the paint job on my door. It was suppose to be resprayed because there is a patch on the door which is from a bad paint job from the factory. They said that they will respray the whole door! When it came back it was only sprayed over the patch. ***** me off!. The old patch is gone and now there is a different patch!! They said that they will have to do it again coz they actually send it off to a panel beater to do it. Now i'll have to take it in again. What a *****!

I'm concerned that when they respray it the look will be different to the factory paint job. There should be ripples in the paint. Can they get that affect if they respray the door? Does anyone know if this is possible?

• Like 1

If they have a proper, good batch of paint (as in same colour paint, then on top of that a correct batch matching exactly to the original/master sample) then it shouldn't be a problem. The way the spray gun is set-up will also have an influence, e.g. they would need to have correct film-build thickness etc as per manufacturers instructions.

If your paint has a metallic/mica finish to it, this may be fairly hard to match, especially mica, cos its a 3-coat system done by automated robots which I doubt the dealer/panel beater will have set up to do.

Should be OK, interested to know if it comes back close to original.

Blackrolla,

read my post @

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/index.php?s...findpost&p=1528

id give it a few days before saying its fixed as mine came back a few days later. If it doesnt come back though can you please tell me which dealership you got to service it and if you could find out for me what exactly they did.

Thanks.

i think the panel beater will bring it bak the way it was ment to b in the first place. unless hes a slacker.

my mate has a metalic green car, and after his stack when they resprayed some of it, u cant tell the diff between the paints. if he does the whole door then u prob wont tell the diff.

if he blends it in then u wont tell the diff at all!