Problem with Aurion 6 speed auto

fatsatman

Well, the Aurion is back in at Lander today - thought I'd do the right thing and give them another chance at fixing it before I do my stack... I understand nobody has had any success in getting this problem fixed but a thought occured to me... Perhaps we should get together and book in our cars at one dealership on the same day? Might be away of waking them up and showing them a pattern exists.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Hey guys thought i would post up my experience with this same issue of the engine flaring when changing between 3rd and 4th,

i took my Zr6 to toyota here in bundaberg a couple weeks back to get them to have a look at the issue which they recognised as a problem and would need to contact Toyota Australia as to what would fix it. They told me that they would try to fix it by putting a new transmission ECU in it which i had fitted today. Unfortunately this hasnt fixed the problem.

So they have told me now they need to contact the Toyota Warranty people to get approval for a new transmission, which will hopefully fix they problem.

Very glad i still have the car under warranty for this :)

Has anyone else had any recent success in solving this problem?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Thought i would let everyone know how ive gone with fixing the tranmission problem,

Toyota replaced my first transmission ecu and unfortunately didnt solve the problem, they then went back to toyota australia and found there was more recent transmission ecu updates so they fitted one and so far a week later i still have not had any issues! i have been very happy with the help from toyota although they are slow they still have got it sorted :) :)

Lil Bird

Thought i would let everyone know how ive gone with fixing the tranmission problem,

Toyota replaced my first transmission ecu and unfortunately didnt solve the problem, they then went back to toyota australia and found there was more recent transmission ecu updates so they fitted one and so far a week later i still have not had any issues! i have been very happy with the help from toyota although they are slow they still have got it sorted :) :)

Lil Bird

did they replace it under warranty or did it cost you ? I have the same problem especially 2nd to 3rd manually shifting, have to leave the foot off the throttle for 2 seconds before planting it again, i've got less than 5k of warranty left be good to get an upgrade.

Build date is 10/06,

Mine also had the flare between 2nd and 3rd, had to lift my foot the same as you, was very annoying,

I only had about a month left of warranty left when i first took my car to toyota with the problem, so for the last month or so its been out of warranty but they still fixed all under warranty free of charge.

Build date is 10/06,

Mine also had the flare between 2nd and 3rd, had to lift my foot the same as you, was very annoying,

I only had about a month left of warranty left when i first took my car to toyota with the problem, so for the last month or so its been out of warranty but they still fixed all under warranty free of charge.

thank you lilbird, I think I will get cracking on it tomorrow, only got less than 3k warranty ( thats only 2 weeks ) travelling for me.

Lil Bird

thanks to your help lilbird, rang tuesday took it in this morning (fri ) head of diagnostics came for a run and as soon as we got back they are ordering the the latest ecu :D they also found that my car had a recall for an oil line replacement, so I will get that done too. once again thank you.

Hi guys been reading up on here about your Aurions for a few weeks now.

I have always had manual cars apart from my last car, and Audi A4 with an auto cvt gearbox. I had to replace the gearbox tcu at a cost of $4500

Now I know that the Aurion does not have a cvt but it is auto.

I have since sold the Audi and test drove a couple of Aurions and I am seriously considering buying one. An SX6 probably.

How bad is this gearbox ?

Would you guys buy another Aurion after the problems you have had?

I would really value some feedback on this, from Aurion owners rather than used car salesmen!

thanks in advance.

I have always had manual cars apart from my last car, and Audi A4 with an auto cvt gearbox. I had to replace the gearbox tcu at a cost of $4500

I have since sold the Audi and test drove a couple of Aurions and I am seriously considering buying one. An SX6 probably.

I would really value some feedback on this, from Aurion owners rather than used car salesmen!

thanks in advance.

I'd buy 10 more Aurions mate, they are a golden car..

Since my last posting, I've learned to live with the Transmission flare issue, it's only ever occurs on the first shift on a COLD morning and after 70,000km I've noticed no performance degradation in the transmission at all other than that issue.

thanks in advance.

in regards to the aurion, yes I would buy another. like any new car on production you will get minor issues. the transmision is only a software glitch and can be fixed under warranty. any built this year onwards should have the new software installed.

OK thanks for that.

I wont be buying new, budget of around 20 grand so possible no warrenty left on car I buy which is main reason of concern.

Won't highjack thread any more

cheers :)

you should still find one with some warranty in that price limit, so you can get issues fixed, depends if you want base model or sx6 ctc.

FYI

I got my 60k service done today and I told them I have gear flare 2nd and 3rd. I really don't know if I actually do have gear flare, I just said it so they could check the gear box outside of the scheduled service for it.

When I picked the car up they said they have ordered a new Trans ECU for me and will contact me when I can come in to fit it.

Specifically the sheet says:

Check for gear flare

Requires trans ecu - part on order

This is at Lander Toyota Blacktown. They wer really good at custoemr service!!!

When I take it in I'll ask them to check for steering wobbles when going slow. Even though I cant feel anything, I will see what they say. I hope they dont read this forum because my Aurion is easily distinguishable.

FYI

I got my 60k service done today and I told them I have gear flare 2nd and 3rd. I really don't know if I actually do have gear flare, I just said it so they could check the gear box outside of the scheduled service for it.

When I picked the car up they said they have ordered a new Trans ECU for me and will contact me when I can come in to fit it.

Check for gear flare

When I take it in I'll ask them to check for steering wobbles when going slow. Even though I cant feel anything, I will see what they say. I hope they dont read this forum because my Aurion is easily distinguishable.

well done HT Ive been using mine in s mode because the flareing has gotten worse ( I think my SRI might be addding to it ) getting new ECU fitted wednesday, will post results.

FYI

Check for gear flare

well done HT Ive been using mine in s mode because the flareing has gotten worse ( I think my SRI might be addding to it ) getting new ECU fitted wednesday, will post results.

transmission ecu has been replaced and is responding much better than the old ecu especially in the lower gears changing back going downhill, still a little flaring going up but the unit still learning. oil line fixed too, only rubber pipe and clips, not olid one.

Edited by scootastaxisx6

FYI

Check for gear flare

transmission ecu has been replaced and is responding much better than the old ecu especially in the lower gears changing back going downhill, still a little flaring going up but the unit still learning. oil line fixed too, only rubber pipe and clips, not olid one.

after a week of replacing ECU changing smoothly, the only down side is it is reluctant to go into 6th on a steady incline and sometimes is slow to change from 4th to 5th (holds) must be a sensor thing or its my MAF on the intake sending bad messages to the system.

• 5 years later...

Any one have an update on the issues reported in this topic?

I'm just looking into a 2008 Toyota Aurion Presara Sports Automatic with 91,000 km. When I test drove it I noticed the lag between 1st & 2nd after less than five minutes driving under 60kph.

Sounds like I may be able to have the adaptive learning ECU reset.