zr6

Sera30

Hey guys .I just had a look at the camry manuals you guys were talking about. Correct me if im wrong but while i was reading them have i got it right in saying that there is a few options you can change on the door locking side of things. has anyone tried these.my Bro bought a VE commodre about the same time i got my aurion and i felt it had more options in it than mine Eg. having the doors lock automatically when it was taken out of park and locked when put back in park. And also the headlights and reverse lights came on when the car is unlocked for extra lighting around vehicle. Also the beeping when locking/unlocking can be on or off things like that. Has anyone else tried or know about these and many other options there is???????????? ;)

post-10382-1223081035_thumb.jpg

Hey mate. It is true that you can customise features for the doors and lights. Just look in the service manuals. Bear in mind that you will most likely need to pay a service department to do this. I had my door locks adjusted so that on the first press of unlock on the remote will just unlock the drivers door, and the second press will unlock the other doors. Feels more secure that way.

how much did it cost you to do that...?

i would like that feature of unlocking only the driver side door too, turn on all the parkers and tail lights of the car when I unlock the door...

Hey mate. It is true that you can customise features for the doors and lights. Just look in the service manuals. Bear in mind that you will most likely need to pay a service department to do this. I had my door locks adjusted so that on the first press of unlock on the remote will just unlock the drivers door, and the second press will unlock the other doors. Feels more secure that way.

Hey dude, to do this to your car, did you go to toyota. How much did they charge you.

Have you check the grill progress. Yeeeeeeeeeeahhh dude Australia has got it. And we should have our grills Monday night, or Tuesday the latest. Then i can start the lower part of the grill. As soon as i get it ill let ya know. PM with your moby, and ill sms ya when they come in.

you cant do that stuff on an aurion yourself? that sucks! i can do all of that on my camry sportivo v6 by turning the key to on and then off three times, and then pressing other buttons within the car to program all the security features.

seems a bit silly a newer, more technologically advanced car doesnt do this, considering the aurions were to replace v6 camrys

Edited by lateralus

you cant do that stuff on an aurion yourself? that sucks! i can do all of that on my camry sportivo v6 by turning the key to on and then off three times, and then pressing other buttons within the car to program all the security features.

seems a bit silly a newer, more technologically advanced car doesnt do this, considering the aurions were to replace v6 camrys

did it say you can do all that stuff in your camry manual or did you find out somewhere else?

Because it does'nt mention anything about options in the aurion manual.

Likke i said my brothers ve commodore has all those options and you can change them yourself anytime. pitty aurions dont :(

Have you check the grill progress. Yeeeeeeeeeeahhh dude Australia has got it. And we should have our grills Monday night, or Tuesday the latest. Then i can start the lower part of the grill. As soon as i get it ill let ya know. PM with your moby, and ill sms ya when they come in.

Sure have man. Was quite surprised to see it arrived in Australia already. I really can't wait till it arrives now. PM sent.

Hey dude, to do this to your car, did you go to toyota. How much did they charge you.

did it say you can do all that stuff in your camry manual or did you find out somewhere else?

Likke i said my brothers ve commodore has all those options and you can change them yourself anytime. pitty aurions dont :(

You can find all the information about what can be customised from the service manuals. It does suck that you need to bring it into a service department to have it done, but unless you can find yourself an intelligent tester from Toyota, then you don't really have any other option for this car. Now when I did my door lock customisation, I had it done at the same time that I had my new keys programmed to the car. That way I thought I could save on time since they would already have the intelligent tester plugged into the car. Now as a result, I am not sure on how much they will charge. All I know is that to have my new key and remote coded to the car and have my door locks customised, I was charged $49.50 (GST inclusive).

As a courtesy, I have taken a quick look through the service manuals and here is all that I could find for customisation. There may be others, but this is what I could find in my search:

Automatic Air Conditioner (climate control):

airconditionerlg3.jpg

Door Locks:

doorlock1py4.jpg

doorlock2fx2.jpg

doorlock3nd8.jpg

Illumination:

illuminationnm2.jpg

Key Reminder:

keyreminderyk2.jpg

Theft Deterrent:

theftdeterrentrg9.jpg

Theft Deterrent (with Smart Entry):

theftdeterrentsezo3.jpg

Sure have man. Was quite surprised to see it arrived in Australia already. I really can't wait till it arrives now. PM sent.

You can find all the information about what can be customised from the service manuals. It does suck that you need to bring it into a service department to have it done, but unless you can find yourself an intelligent tester from Toyota, then you don't really have any other option for this car. Now when I did my door lock customisation, I had it done at the same time that I had my new keys programmed to the car. That way I thought I could save on time since they would already have the intelligent tester plugged into the car. Now as a result, I am not sure on how much they will charge. All I know is that to have my new key and remote coded to the car and have my door locks customised, I was charged $49.50 (GST inclusive).

As a courtesy, I have taken a quick look through the service manuals and here is all that I could find for customisation. There may be others, but this is what I could find in my search:

Automatic Air Conditioner (climate control):

airconditionerlg3.jpg

Door Locks:

doorlock1py4.jpg

doorlock2fx2.jpg

doorlock3nd8.jpg

Illumination:

illuminationnm2.jpg

Key Reminder:

keyreminderyk2.jpg

Theft Deterrent:

theftdeterrentrg9.jpg

Theft Deterrent (with Smart Entry):

theftdeterrentsezo3.jpg

Thanks DLKOR.

I remembered yesterday that a friend of a friend that i have met before is the head mechanic at a local toyota dealer and owns a Aurion TRD. It didn't interest me before because i didnt own a toyota but now its different. In the next couple of weeks ill see if i can get in touch with him and pick his brain.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

I have a friend who works at Toyota, that agreed to plug the scan tool into my car and make adjustments to things like auto lock, light delay etc.

I located the service manual showing the adjustment settings.

I find that when it's dusk and the sun it setting, my auto headlights don't turn on.

If I block the sensor for a second or two, then take my hand off, the lights stay on.

So my question is, on the service manual the Sensitivity option can be adjusted to;

Light 2 / Light 1 / Normal / Dark 1 / Dark 2

Which way do I need to go to make my headlights turn on sooner (with it's still a little light outside)

Thanks in advance!

So my question is, on the service manual the Sensitivity option can be adjusted to;

Light 2 / Light 1 / Normal / Dark 1 / Dark 2

Which way do I need to go to make my headlights turn on sooner (with it's still a little light outside)

Thanks in advance!

Light 2 will make the auto lights come on sooner.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know I've asked befor, but I'm not giving up. I would love it if we could change these settings. Is it possible on a Prodigy?