Brand New aurion - odometer and average fuel consumption.

toyogun

Hi All,

Those who took delivery of their new aurions, Do you guys remember what was you odometer showing? and What's the average fuel cosumption.

I checked mine, it was 36KM and average fuel consumption was 31/100KM, Far out. Is this common?, the average fule consumption I guess needs time to come down as I start to drive more. But 31/100Km is pretty high. Hopefully the dealer did not give it to some kid to rev up the car when they send the car for window tinting??

Can't really answer the first question for you, but as for the second, there is a little discussion if you want to dive in further.

Aurion average fuel consumption (preferably for manual calculations)

Fuel economy advice (mainly for trip meter readings)

As for the high level you have, it can be expected that it may be a bit off being a new car and all, but it should settle down after a few minutes of gentle driving or so. Also, if you leave it idle for quite some time and barely move anywhere, the readings can go up, but this should soon go away after driving some more. It is updated every 10 seconds and is calculated based on the distance travelled since last refuel in combination with fuel injection signals from the No.1 injector. In other words, drive futher, get a more accurate reading.

pumped petrol into the car just before hand it over to you?

dont think too much about it, it wont help.. as in, even if the person who hand over the car to you DID something nasty, there is noway to prove~

but i pick the first choice..

pumped petrol into the car just before hand it over to you?

dont think too much about it, it wont help.. as in, even if the person who hand over the car to you DID something nasty, there is noway to prove~

but i pick the first choice..

Yes it was a full tank of petrol! The petrol needle went pass full, so yes he gave me a full tank.

Yes it was a full tank of petrol! The petrol needle went pass full, so yes he gave me a full tank.

That would most likely be the issue then. Next time you drive it, leave it on the Average Fuel Consumption screen and watch it. It should go down over a short while. Since you have it new, you should retain your petrol receipts and keep track of your 'real' fuel consumption.

That would most likely be the issue then. Next time you drive it, leave it on the Average Fuel Consumption screen and watch it. It should go down over a short while. Since you have it new, you should retain your petrol receipts and keep track of your 'real' fuel consumption.

Ok Thanks ALL! I'm one paranoid owner,

Now have to sort my other issue. I guess you guys would have seen that post too.

Man I can't be the most paranoid owner. LOL!! :)

I picked up my new car 2 days ago and it had 17km on the clock. Average speed was 1km/h and consumption was 6.9lt/100 and under 1/2 a tank i was expected to get 300+km out of it according to the system :)

The fuel system will even out over time. I have reset the trip meters every time i fuel up in any car i have owned. Doing this gives you a better indication of how much fuel you are actually using. Just take note of the amount of fuel you put in and how many km you get. I have put 2 tank fulls of petrol through mine, and the whole shebang has settled in nicely.

As for revving it up at the window tinters via the hands of some pimply 17yo, i dont think there is a lot of damage he could have done. I worked in a car forwarding/holding/storage yard, and i can tell you, how those guys treat cars, its abysmal. Lets just say, be happy that's its an Aussie built car, and not one they would have unloaded from a ship.

As a security option all aurions are sent out in a mode which only allow minimal travel/speed. Once a car is delivered and processed for sale the dealer uses an activation software (this was explained to me by my sales person to unlock the car and set it up for use). In the case of my presara i witnessed and took part in some of this, at this time the car was running (activation of toyota-link etc) this may have taken 10 minutes or more. This indeed would impact on fuel consumption versus distance traveled.

Pre-delivery test etc may account for some distance fuel usage. Ask the dealer if you are worried.

Ok tonite was the 1st time I took my car out for a drive since I brought it home on tuesday.

And after reading the manuals, the average fuel consumption gets reset after a petrol is pumped.

So the petrol was full when the car was given to me, so when it was showing 31/100 , its just the computer not adjusting yet or not working properly.

I was just worried unnecssarilly.