AURION ON KINGS!!

ELEGNT

Mid February sounds good as well. My Adrenalins may only cost half of yours, but comparatively I'll need time to recover from the spend.

Edit: Partially off topic, just booked in my Aurion for a set of Adrenalins this Thursday morning at the local Bridgestone tyre centre at Sumner Park. It's only down the road from you Elgin as well. Got quoted $235 per tire which was cheaper than other places, so I would imagine the 19's would have been a little cheaper for you as well. Oh wells. I can't wait to have them put on. My tires are down to the treadwear indicator (pushing it to the last minute thanks to Christmas shopping).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon we should do a group buy, since so many of us want to buy stuff. If we're all in the Brisbane/GC area we can get Luis to ship them all to someone's place to save on shipping costs.

When do you guys want to do it? I need the rear sway bar and front lower bar. However, I'm getting new set of 19" Bridgestone Adrenalins next Monday ($2,200 including rim polish, buff, cleaning of brake calipers, wheel alignment <_< ), which means I have to save up again after that. Probably earliest looking at mid-Feb.

Mid feb sounds good, count me in for a front sway bar.

Edit: Partially off topic, just booked in my Aurion for a set of Adrenalins this Thursday morning at the local Bridgestone tyre centre at Sumner Park. It's only down the road from you Elgin as well. Got quoted $235 per tire which was cheaper than other places, so I would imagine the 19's would have been a little cheaper for you as well. Oh wells. I can't wait to have them put on. My tires are down to the treadwear indicator (pushing it to the last minute thanks to Christmas shopping).

Hi D,

Yeah I called them too. They quoted me $439 per tyre, which is not bad a price considering KMart and Bob Janes quoted me like $490. However, I managed to get them at JAX Quickfit Bowen Hills for $409. :lol:

245/30/20s.............. 225 big fail no load rating and the way the cops are now defects

only 20's that are load rating right are nakang and nexen i believe

best bang for your buck go 19's get a maxxis tyre for $250ea 245/35/19 i think bloody good tyre for that price

macgregor <_< i wouldnt take my car there but im fussy

have a look at some speedy and xhp wheels ..... rjr everyones got them.... if you go though tempe or anyone like that check the load rating and size 225 dont go on 8.5 wide rims tyre will roll off we have 1 car a day come to us and have to change tyres coz transport has pulled them over

trent

245/30/20s.............. 225 big fail no load rating and the way the cops are now defects

best bang for your buck go 19's get a maxxis tyre for $250ea 245/35/19 i think bloody good tyre for that price

have a look at some speedy and xhp wheels ..... rjr everyones got them.... if you go though tempe or anyone like that check the load rating and size 225 dont go on 8.5 wide rims tyre will roll off we have 1 car a day come to us and have to change tyres coz transport has pulled them over

trent

I was talkin to someone at the wheels place today and they recon that 245/30/20's dont have the load rating for that size car and told me to go 35 profile...is this right? i would rather not go 35's

trent

I was talkin to someone at the wheels place today and they recon that 245/30/20's dont have the load rating for that size car and told me to go 35 profile...is this right? i would rather not go 35's

I am pretty sure there are couple of tyre brands available.

I remember bondie had problems with lowering spring with 35 profile tyres on 20".

Check this thread. it might be helpful for ya.:)

NEED HELP ON LOWERING INFO ABOUT RUBBING, 20 INCH WHEELS LOWERED PEDDERS SPRINGS = RUBBING

wat do you have on yours 235/35's? are they a bit small for the 8.5's? can u please post up a photo? thanks

the main reason that bondie was scrubbing was because the pedders are alot lower at the front than mine and he got it once he turned and on big bumps i think...mine is higher at the front and alot lower at the back...i dont mide the occasional scrub at the back if id does that....i think 245/35 profile will look really big profile....yes or no do u recon?

I've got 235/35 ZR20 .I don't think they look small nor big.

They just look ok for now but I am trying to get a set of coilover in next 2 weeks period and just waiting for arranging payment method.

I found a set of coilover for aurion and I will keep you posted how it goes.

Here is my pic anyway.

13012009583.jpg

Well just for reference, I obtained some numbers from http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

This is more for an accurate rolling diameter and not for anything else:

tirezn3.jpg

So if you were going for the most ideal tire size on 20 inch wheels, it would be 235/35R20. Though, you could even go for 245/35R20. It may then read on the speedo 1.67% slower, but with the amount that the speedo is already off in the Aurion, this wouldn't be an issue. Plus as well you can get the Potenza Adrenalins in that size, lol.

If you do want the 30 profile though for looks, you should go for the 245/30R20. You load rated tire choices are limited, but you would probably be looking at something like a Maxxis MA-Z1.

If you do want the 30 profile though for looks, you should go for the 245/30R20. You load rated tire choices are limited, but you would probably be looking at something like a Maxxis MA-Z1.

load rating is very important, it must be at least same OR higher.

wat do you have on yours 235/35's? are they a bit small for the 8.5's? can u please post up a photo? thanks

the main reason that bondie was scrubbing was because the pedders are alot lower at the front than mine and he got it once he turned and on big bumps i think...mine is higher at the front and alot lower at the back...i dont mide the occasional scrub at the back if id does that....i think 245/35 profile will look really big profile....yes or no do u recon?

For the width, dpending whether u want the lip of ur rims to stand out a bit or within the tyre width range.

235 should b the minimum for the back....thou i reckon 245 is the best for 8.5

U'll get annoyed with the occasional scrubs on the back + when it's loaded with people, scrubs all de way..

U really should get 245/30 for ur rear.

for the front, it's ok to go 235/35.

People can barely see the difference between the 2 profiles..

For the width, dpending whether u want the lip of ur rims to stand out a bit or within the tyre width range.

235 should b the minimum for the back....thou i reckon 245 is the best for 8.5

U'll get annoyed with the occasional scrubs on the back + when it's loaded with people, scrubs all de way..

U really should get 245/30 for ur rear.

for the front, it's ok to go 235/35.

People can barely see the difference between the 2 profiles..

In this scenario, you aren't going to be doing your usual wheel rotations. It's best to stick with the same tire all round to keep uniformity if your front and rear rims are identical. As well, why spend extra to have the rear tires of a FWD wider than the front.

DARYL - wat is the min aurion load rate and is there any place on the internet that i can find out load rates of a variety of tires or would i have to go to a tire shop?

JIN - are 235/35's flush with the 8.5 rims or are they a bit small like shown below?

cheers

ssss.bmp

DARYL - wat is the min aurion load rate and is there any place on the internet that i can find out load rates of a variety of tires or would i have to go to a tire shop?

The replacement tires must have a minimum load rating of '93' and speed rating of 'V'.

That translates to a tire that can handle 650kg and a 10 minute stable speed of 240km/h.

JIN - are 235/35's flush with the 8.5 rims or are they a bit small like shown below?

They look just fit to me becoz when I see my car from the back, I don't see the wheels over the tyres anyways.

Here are some pics you can see.

14012009585.jpg

14012009586.jpg

I reckon we should do a group buy, since so many of us want to buy stuff. If we're all in the Brisbane/GC area we can get Luis to ship them all to someone's place to save on shipping costs.

When do you guys want to do it? I need the rear sway bar and front lower bar. However, I'm getting new set of 19" Bridgestone Adrenalins next Monday ($2,200 including rim polish, buff, cleaning of brake calipers, wheel alignment <_< ), which means I have to save up again after that. Probably earliest looking at mid-Feb.

i am interested in a group buy of suspension parts but my car has 19x8 i was wondering if there is any toyota owners cruises in the newcastle area planned please contact me sw44do

i am interested in a group buy of suspension parts but my car has 19x8 i was wondering if there is any toyota owners cruises in the newcastle area planned please contact me sw44do

try in upcoming meets man :) show us a photo of you 19's mate :D

Daryl, how are the new tyres? Are they grippier?

I've never had decent tires before, so it's hard to make a comparison, but in relation to the Adrenalins.... OMG! These make the stock Michelins that came with my car seem crap. I was able to go up Coot-tha at the same pace as quite fast and used my brakes 1/3 as much, and Nebo... well, that was insane.

They do feel a little floaty though, in that when you take a turn really hard, you don't feel that resistance that is the friction keeping it on the road. It's like it is gripping with ease. Things like this is hard to explain. I guess you gotta wait till you get them and give them a good run in.

At only $36 more per tire than the stock Michelin Energy MXV8's that came stock with the car (for us Sportivo drivers), the Adrenalins are worth the extra dollars. They seem a bit 'fatter' as well despite being the same width at 215. I guess that's a good thing.

And for viewing pleasure:

dsc03334gi7.th.jpg dsc03336ur6.th.jpg dsc03338ou6.th.jpg

Daryl, how are the new tyres? Are they grippier?

I've never had decent tires before, so it's hard to make a comparison, but in relation to the Adrenalins.... OMG! These make the stock Michelins that came with my car seem crap. I was able to go up Coot-tha at the same pace as quite fast and used my brakes 1/3 as much, and Nebo... well, that was insane.

They do feel a little floaty though, in that when you take a turn really hard, you don't feel that resistance that is the friction keeping it on the road. It's like it is gripping with ease. Things like this is hard to explain. I guess you gotta wait till you get them and give them a good run in.

At only $36 more per tire than the stock Michelin Energy MXV8's that came stock with the car (for us Sportivo drivers), the Adrenalins are worth the extra dollars. They seem a bit 'fatter' as well despite being the same width at 215. I guess that's a good thing.

And for viewing pleasure:

dsc03334gi7.th.jpg dsc03336ur6.th.jpg dsc03338ou6.th.jpg

my new tires also feel similar its wierd caus eat first i thought i was understeering

DJKOR and I went up Mt Nebo tonight with another friend in his SS Commodore. DJKOR's new Adrenalins seem to do a wonderful job. I'll let him explain. I can't wait to get mine on Monday.

Had a hard time struggling down the mountain today, with my rear tyres on low tread my VSC light was almost a permanent fixture on the dash. Had one close call when rear wheels broke traction and there was massive squealing and fishtailing, but thanks to VSC it was still controllable. Felt damn scary though, and it was strange because it happened in a straight line, not around the crazy bends that is Mt Nebo. Still, being a FWD, it drives well at the limit of traction, and it's not too difficult to regain control if you manage to slow down enough so that the tyres regain grip before you hit something. Unfortunately with my tyres in such a state, the limit was easily reached. By the time we finished, there was smoke spewing out of my rear brakes, testament to the poor VSC system repeatedly applying brakes on the rear wheels to prevent them from slipping. It feels damn weird when you're driving a FWD and the rear wheels break traction before the front wheels (my tyres were rotated at the last service).

Anyway, I'll post an update once I get my new tyres and see if there's any noticeable difference. Also, for those of you wondering, the VSC does a good job in trying to save your skin, but DON'T trust it with your life. If the car has lost traction and even with braking the tyres cannot grip the road, VSC will not stop you from understeering into the barrier/off the cliff. I speak from experience. <_<

Turning off traction control is actually pretty fun (especially when you don't care about killing your current set of tyres)...it becomes insanely easy to make the wheels spin and you can actually "drift" the car by doing sudden turns under power and letting the back of the car hang out. Only recommended in an empty car park!

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner