Coilover Try out.

JIN

Hey Alex, any idea where you got the warranty info online? Struggling to find info/contact details for BC to even get them to do it under warranty. I'll check what was in the box when I get home but that info from memory was VERY difficult to read/understand lol.

In any case it's only a 12 month warranty on something I've had for 4 or so months, no more warranty isn't a huge worry in the end. Just wondering more so whether changing just the springs will work or not.

Ok so have contacted their UK branch and see how I go.

Edited by Couzellion

hello

Just recieved feedback from justjap.com

they do 8 kg fronts, but can only do 4.5 kg spring rate for the rears

this is for those buying new, like me :)

if this helps anyone

-juan

Cheers Juan. BC UK wont help as there is an Australian distributor. Didn't tell me who though... I'll have a hunt around for another distributor if JustJap can't get anything firmer than 4.5KG

Cheers Juan. BC UK wont help as there is an Australian distributor. Didn't tell me who though... I'll have a hunt around for another distributor if JustJap can't get anything firmer than 4.5KG

http://www.option1garage.com.au/BCRacing.htm

This guys sells them.

Sorry man I can't remember where I saw the warranty info.

hello

Just recieved feedback from justjap.com

they do 8 kg fronts, but can only do 4.5 kg spring rate for the rears

this is for those buying new, like me :)

if this helps anyone

-juan

Hrmm, I was wanting a bit more on the rear.

Does anyone know what length rear extender we need, 110, 200 or 250mm?

Hey JIN I have the same coils and they're 6KG front and 3KG rear. Good work getting them stiffer, I should of done that myself but a lesson learnt now.

Anyone know if you can just get stiffer springs for the coils and this will work ok as far as increasing the spring rate? Without replacing the strut part?

Or do both need to be upgraded for this to be effective?

Hey mate.

When I brought them in, the seller could organize the custom spring rate for me. You might have to talk to the seller first. But I don't see any problems of getting springs separately because I had mine done. I have no idea if there are new versions of this coilover but if it's the same model as the first picture of this page, I believe that you might be able to get the springs separately without any extra parts fitted.

I saw on a BMW forum that the extenders can be cut down to size, I've ordered 250mm just to be sure, I'll let you know in a few weeks how much I trim down if they need it.

I chose 8kg front, 5kg rear, haven't received a call yet saying they can't custom to that spring loading, fingers crossed. I bought through option1garage by the way.

Anyone have thoughts of where/how I can poke the extenders through so they show in the boot space instead of through the rear speaker shelf?

Just an update for anyone buying new

from jdm performance in NSW, also on ebay

they offer 8kg fronts and still only 4.5kg rears

I will keep looking for higher spring rates for the rear

hope this is helpful

-juan

-UPDATE-

they do the upgraded spring rates at no extra charge

another update

JDMPERFORMANCE aka just jap imports... lol

Edited by whitezr6
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

My BC coils are in, pictures of car will come once all prettied up.

8kg front and 4.5 kg rear, haven't sat in the back but tbh they are stiff as. I am on 12 clicks from hardest all round at the moment and will adjust to a more medium setting. Wheels are 19 inch with 225 tyres so this will add to the bumpiness.

The 250mm extenders come through between the back shelf and back of the back seat, they are about 50mm above the shelf. There was a little rubbing/settling noise from these but this has stopped now.

Questions:

What pressure should I make the tyres (first time with low profiles)

Typically how much (mm) do the coils drop over the break in period (starting to get some scrubbing, car is low :whistling:)

Should the 4 camber bolts (I think thats what they are) on top of the front struts be set symmetrically (opposite to eachother) as the BC instructions say? Pedders put way off symmetrical supposedly to suit the camber of Perth roads, I've attached pictures.

I am getting a loud squeaking noise from the drivers side front from bumps (big and small), I think this has something to do with the pillow top but not sure, other coils don't squeak, what could this be? The noise is an elongated squeal when i go slowly onto a different angle (eg: up a curb), this is only sometimes.

...omfg how do I add pictures!! :g:

Edited by shittywok

A bit more info.

There is sometimes no squeaking to begin with, maybe getting wet then squeak (weather has been pretty wet in Perth the last week). That doesn't explain only one is squeaking though :unsure:

Sorry guys, I'm still figuring it out, anyway here's the link to the front strut pics.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/gallery/album/1240-alex-zr6/

Hey mate.

Just had a look on your pictures.

Settings between right and left are different. Is there any specific reason that you have this setup?

Seems a bit wrong to me..

BTW about the noise, try to re-install the one making noise.

I've had noise on passenger side one but once I re-installed it, the noise was gone.

Cheers.

Jin

• 1 year later...

Hi there Jin,

I know it's been a while since you fitted the BC coilovers to your car but was wondering long term what you thought of them? I was looking at getting a set for my car as my factory units need replacing.

DJKOR if you have any more to add on this topic it would be great to hear from you as well.

Cheers guys

Wayne

I have yellow speed racing coil overs from my mcv20 Camry. I'm Running 8/5 rates. I had to change the top mounts on the front to fit in the Aurion.. Best 850 I've ever spent. Now for a rear swar bar from ultra racing

• 10 months later...

Hi All.

Long time no post.

I came back to give you a bit of update if you guys are still researching on these coilovers.

They are still going tough with the odometer nearly hits 160K KM.

No leaking is visible on all 4 corners yet. The only issue is the uneven wear on front tires.

This is on going issue that my tires keep having uneven wear mostly on fronts. No camber angle was set on both fronts but still having the issue.

Had couple of wheel alignments done whenever tire replacement happened but no major issue was found.

A mechanic gave me an opinion that the uneven wear can happen on tires with big and/or wide rims as mine are 20" and they are bigger than the design.

I have no idea whether it really is related with the size of rims or not.

The uneven wear is minor to normal level and the car is my sister in law's daily drive so I don't really care anymore.:)

Apart from the uneven wear, the investment of these coilies was worth it.

JIN