Check VSC Error

OneBlueZR6

because its just a blanket thing that comes up no matter what the error, just turn the car off and turn it back on... if it goes away, then dont worry about it... if it stays, then definitely take it back to the dealership... :)

Today I drove 50 meters and noticed the VSC and Traction Control lights were constantly on, but the Engine Check light was not. (see attached).

I turned the car off waited 10 seconds then switched it back on, the lights did not light up after this point. This is the first time I noticed it happening.

Were you guys talking about the same thing? Or should I be concerned?

I had a bit of a Google around but I couldn't find anything specific about the VSC and Traction lights on without the Engine light.

Well, I had this error again today. Ironically it was on the same road as last time.

I was stupid and turned the engine off then on again before I thought of plugging in the ScanGauge to read codes. It came up with no codes.

When I am at Toyota next week so I will ask them about it then.

I still have a suspicion that this is related to over filling petrol. Like last time, approximately a week before hand I had BADLY over filled the tank due to a pump that kept clicking.

Althought I hope it never happens again I have the ScanGauge ready to record codes.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

because its just a blanket thing that comes up no matter what the error, just turn the car off and turn it back on... if it goes away, then dont worry about it... if it stays, then definitely take it back to the dealership... :)

Today I drove 50 meters and noticed the VSC and Traction Control lights were constantly on, but the Engine Check light was not. (see attached).

I turned the car off waited 10 seconds then switched it back on, the lights did not light up after this point. This is the first time I noticed it happening.

Were you guys talking about the same thing? Or should I be concerned?

I had a bit of a Google around but I couldn't find anything specific about the VSC and Traction lights on without the Engine light.

Well, I had this error again today. Ironically it was on the same road as last time.

I was stupid and turned the engine off then on again before I thought of plugging in the ScanGauge to read codes. It came up with no codes.

When I am at Toyota next week so I will ask them about it then.

I still have a suspicion that this is related to over filling petrol. Like last time, approximately a week before hand I had BADLY over filled the tank due to a pump that kept clicking.

Althought I hope it never happens again I have the ScanGauge ready to record codes.

The only time I see it light up now is when I fill up with 95 ulp, It never comes on with 91ulp.

I always use ULP 95 and fill it to the absolute maximum every time for 3 years and have never had a fault or indicator light come up at any time.

Even after changing tires and then performing the calibration for this on the sat nav unit.

Put some pressure on the Toyota dealer to find the fault, best done whilst still under warranty if possible.

• 5 months later...

I need to ask this question regarding the VSC light. I am guessing since you guys have started talking about VSC here i throw the question here. On my ZR6 whenever i start the car i notice the traction, engine light and ABS come on and go off..but i never see a VSC light come on. But i have checked a few videos and i could see that on the AT-X dash the VSC light coming on. My question is..is this normal? Or does this mean i dont have VSC working at all? I dont get any warning lights when i drive as well. And if im not wrong i felt like the VSC did correct a skid one day so i felt like its working. I have checked few videos of sportivo and upper model dashboards and i think there is no VSC light coming on them..instead the VSC warning is integrated into the display in the middle of the speedometer.

Let me know whats going on..thanks :)

I just read the owners manual..my bad..on the multi function display model the check VSC warning should not come on while the ignition is set to ON or starting the car..only time it comes on is when there is a problem with VSC..sorry guys i think i answered my own question..read the owners manual next time first..

Edited by Vijith555

• 1 year later...

in my corolla, the vsc will be on when there is ECU light, I have a P420 code all the time because of my high flow cat..

I also use a OBD 2 reader, once I clear the P420 code, the VSC code is gone..

• 2 weeks later...

When I had the error come up it was apparently caused by a broken wire for a fog light? Either full of crap or check VSC really is a one size fits all error code. Anyway all fixed up and haven't seen it since...

• 4 years later...
On 5/5/2010 at 9:23 AM, SecaBoy said:

nah, i asked the guy if he thinks it could have done any damage to any components, but he said that it wouldn't have.

i guess just keep an eye on the hose. i doubt it would be a common problem... i'm guessing that mine may have just been a freak issue... maybe it developed a split and then under load its just popped... who knows... :huh:

tell me about it.. you usually have to tug pretty hard at them for them to come off... let alone popping off from both ends.

to be honest, i think it was purely a coincidence about the refuelling... cause the car seemed to cruise along fine on the freeway... but under acceleration, it felt like it was choking...

i wouldnt have thought that there was that much pressure from the s/c to wastegate in that hose... :huh:

they're replaced the hose with a non genuine piece of normal vaccum hose... the guy said "if you want to get the genuine item, its ex sydney and it'll cost $60... my exact response was "errrr, the genuine hose came off, so why would i pay $60 to replace the non genuine item with something thats not guaranteed to come off again"... :lol:

oh and then he goes "so do you race your car?"... i just laughed and told him no... i have no intention on putting such an expensive nice car on the race track... :lol:

anyway, all i know is that at the first possible chance i get, i'll be putting tip ties on any hose that doesnt have a clamp on it... HAHAHA

speaking of which, daryl, next time youre out on a thursday, i'd love to have a look at the "genuine" pipe on your s/c to see the differences... :)

I Just thought I should mention that I also got the Check Vsc light on and it was bank 1 & 2 lean and it was the same hose that literally disappeared. I didn't have the rough idle issue and the Toyota mechanics had no idea why it disappeared. FYI I was also just doing motorway driving when it happened.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the VSC light come on, with the check engine light.

Code reader told me it was P0352 - Ignition Coil B (or cylinder #2).

Took the cover off and plug was loose... Thanks Toyota Service (they changed the plugs about a week before lol)

Hopefully it should be fixed now.

• 2 years later...

The VSC system warning warning light turn on my Aurion 2006. It drives normal. It has been just serviced in last two weeks. Took it back to Toyota service center 3 times. They checked the engine and could not find anything wrong. And said need reply from Toyota headquarters. 

Toyota center can not fix its problem. Feel frustrated and ridiculous. 

• 3 years later...

Hi there, i too recently had the check vsc traction light and engine light come on.

First tried the petrol cap and sure enough after 2 or 3 starts the lights went away and havent come back.

All i did was clean the oring lube it up with oil and clean the filler neck. Hooray for a good outcome, well so far. Fingers crossed it doesnt come back with something more sinister.

Cheers.