new turbo for starlet

not to much really, just put in a hks ssq (sounds freakin sweeeet) and of course the pod filter. would the tdo4 require a ecu upgrade?

Any different turbo's really need to either have your ECU piggybacked, or a new standalone ECU wired in. The standalone is a really good upgrade, regardless of if you're upgrading your turbo or not.

• 1 month later...

i m doin a project with my starlet glanza & i got a td 04,blitz fmic intercooler,autobahn88 exhaust minifold,74.5mm forged ,sard fuel pressure regulator to go on a 4eft

as we do not have a dyno in bd i would like to know what wud be ma bhp if i boost @ 22 psi (1.4 bar)

Edited by 4age freak

• 2 weeks later...
You can buy exhaust manifolds off ebay that have a t2 flange. ecu upgrade is not needed but advised.

They'll also break the first time you get them on a dyno - trust me, I see it almost weekly.

I had to ct9 aftermarket manifold off ebay on the mine and it held up....

You can buy exhaust manifolds off ebay that have a t2 flange. ecu upgrade is not needed but advised.

They'll also break the first time you get them on a dyno - trust me, I see it almost weekly.

I had to ct9 aftermarket manifold off ebay on the mine and it held up....

Is it a stainless jobby or actually out of mild steel?

i m doin a project with my starlet glanza & i got a td 04,blitz fmic intercooler,autobahn88 exhaust minifold,74.5mm forged ,sard fuel pressure regulator to go on a 4eft

as we do not have a dyno in bd i would like to know what wud be ma bhp if i boost @ 22 psi (1.4 bar)

I would expect around 170ish

as an aside was on a starlet cruise on the weekend and one of the girls is running a t28 and got talking apparently very little lag and 250hp and something like 700 odd nm torque so i think i am going with a t28 rather that t25 now. Just need to save some money

700nm from a 1.3??? :blink: i wouldnt believe that

That's probably a figure quoted at the wheels. If so, then it can be believable.

Exactly...

Remember that the torque output of the engine gets multiplied by the gearbox + final drive ratio in the diff, if it was on a dyno then you'd be looking at roughly 1:1 through the gearbox and then between 3:1 and 4:1 through the diff, so that would mean 700Nm at the ground = roughly 200Nm at the fly, perfectly reasonable for a 1.3L turbo.

• 5 years later...

Hi Everyone,

Turbo is starting to go and so i am trying to decide what is the next step. Upgrade the internals of the turbo to hybrid or upgrade the turbo entirely to ..... not sure. so just wondering what i should do.

I recommend you get a TD04, they are relatively cheap, a little bit more laggy yes, but your boost peaks would be higher also. It's almost a bolt, but I recommend you get an aftermarket ECU, if not you're going to be getting 5PSI out of it and it would be in safe mode every time.

Good Luck!