power fc -> zze123r

Chasing some specific info regarding a celica power fc install into my march 2003 sportivo.

Heard conflicting views with regards to whats required. Some say a new adapter loom is required, other information suggests the ecu will plug in and run the car fine with the only impact being a loss of functionality of some of the cars accessories?

If the loom adapter is required, is there and off the shelf item available – if so where can I get it and how much is it?

I just chasing information from people who have done the work getting power fc to function in the zze123. – not interested in discussion of alternate ecu options.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chasing some specific info regarding a celica power fc install into my march 2003 sportivo.

Heard conflicting views with regards to whats required. Some say a new adapter loom is required, other information suggests the ecu will plug in and run the car fine with the only impact being a loss of functionality of some of the cars accessories?

If the loom adapter is required, is there and off the shelf item available – if so where can I get it and how much is it?

I just chasing information from people who have done the work getting power fc to function in the zze123. – not interested in discussion of alternate ecu options.

Brashboy make a conversion harness. I am working on one, just waiting for some parts to turn up and then I can test it.

Brashboy make a conversion harness. I am working on one, just waiting for some parts to turn up and then I can test it.

Sd – was reading your post on nengun – you stated that the cars run with only a few minor functions not operating as per factory. Does that statement apply with or without the BB harness ? What specifically doesent work ? I read on the matrix forums that some people struggle with the temp gauge (don’t care) and the aircond(do care).

Sd – was reading your post on nengun – you stated that the cars run with only a few minor functions not operating as per factory. Does that statement apply with or without the BB harness ? What specifically doesent work ? I read on the matrix forums that some people struggle with the temp gauge (don’t care) and the aircond(do care).

That was the first go at it. I'm doing a revision to solve all the problems, temp gauge and AC. But was planning on testing it first to make sure it's all golden before saying anything.

Sounds great SD!! I wonder if this will make a few more people interested in going with a PFC, since installation is a bit of a hassle.

Fire Xoom a PM and I'm sure he will sort you out.

Only thing that doesn't work on my car is the temp gauge, everything else is in good working order. The PFC will plug straight into the loom, but needs some re-wiring to make sure all the input/output signals are where they are suppose to be.

I look forward to hearing how you will solve the temp gauge issue SD casue it does annoy me sometimes.

BTW have you already got a PFC doriae86??

Cheers

don't have one yet - have seen a few used ones pop up in japan, so will be using some connections to hopefully land one of them to save some cash.

Have emailed BB regarding the cost and availability of the harness to suit pfc/zze123. If its only a couple of hundred I will jus buy it on the proviso it will allow my a/c to function correctly.

Not concerned about the temp read out – on the assumption you can prob get a more accurate reading from the pfc hand controller.

Have emailed BB regarding the cost and availability of the harness to suit pfc/zze123. If its only a couple of hundred I will jus buy it on the proviso it will allow my a/c to function correctly.

The Brashboy ones cost a lot more than a couple hundred.

I will share my little experience with the PFC on my 1ZZ. What should have be a straight forward mod (with just a couple of wires to move) became a nightmare, the ABS light came on and is not working. My mechanic has gone through the wiring diagram and found that my 2002 Levin has different wirings to the pin out diagram. We had another 1ZZ with the PFC and plug my PFC to his car and the ABS was ok and once we compared the colour of the ecu wiring my car has all these light blue wires where the other Levin had normal colour wiring. Still haven’t resolved it yet but just want to get the car on the road first, so is getting tunned tomorrow and will sort out the ABS after.

I will share my little experience with the PFC on my 1ZZ. What should have be a straight forward mod (with just a couple of wires to move) became a nightmare, the ABS light came on and is not working. My mechanic has gone through the wiring diagram and found that my 2002 Levin has different wirings to the pin out diagram. We had another 1ZZ with the PFC and plug my PFC to his car and the ABS was ok and once we compared the colour of the ecu wiring my car has all these light blue wires where the other Levin had normal colour wiring. Still haven’t resolved it yet but just want to get the car on the road first, so is getting tunned tomorrow and will sort out the ABS after.

Is his car built in SA, where yours might be built in Japan (or vice versa)?

Gav.

Whats the issue with the A/C and the Power FC? Ours is perfect with the Motec, its great between stages B) . If the car is too warm though the idle goes all funny, but you can deal with that.

just get a tuner who knows your ECU Type... and Also the engine management system.

which is why i was confident i could get the Emanage + Vamange working...

but this isnt a debate on which is best... if you're after the PFC... i'd wait around for SD's loom sounds like its gonna kick *****...

I'd be keen if there was an option to run the PFC in paralell with the stock ECU.

ive had power fc in an r32 gts4, 99 gc8 wrx and 99 s14a - in my opinion and based on my experiances they are a great ecu for a tickled street car which is why im hoping to get one functioning correctly on the corolla.

will wait and see what brashboy comes back with, in the mean time if some1 is able to provide information re other solutions then plz let me know

I can confirm that the BB harness works 100% perfectly. Temp guage works, Air Con is perfect, everything works, no CEL, no airbag light etc etc.

If I didn't already have one, I would be waiting for SD's offerring, I have a feeling it is going to be very very similar to the BB harness.

From what I can gather, BB want approx $2800 AUD for the PFC and their Harness, which would put the harness at about $1500 if you take the approx going rate for a PFC (ebay price) from the total cost of the BB stuff.

Whats the issue with the A/C and the Power FC? Ours is perfect with the Motec, its great between stages B) . If the car is too warm though the idle goes all funny, but you can deal with that.

Micky if we are comparing ECU's then the Motec is the Ferrari and the PFC is the VW based kit car of the thus mentioned Ferrari. :spiteful:

I know of one BB harness in Brissy that combined with a PFC is entering an engine bay of a Sportivo real soon. Combined with a dose of CES goodness i'm sure the results will bring a smile to the owners roughish looking dial.....

bb responded to my email.

he said they add a rom to the zzt231 pfc

he said i cna send him my pfc, he will rom it and make the harness and post it back for about 150k yen or something rediculous.

i think ive found a cheap pfc, so will grab it and see what i can orgnaise for it

Micky if we are comparing ECU's then the Motec is the Ferrari and the PFC is the VW based kit car of the thus mentioned Ferrari. :spiteful:

I know of one BB harness in Brissy that combined with a PFC is entering an engine bay of a Sportivo real soon. Combined with a dose of CES goodness i'm sure the results will bring a smile to the owners roughish looking dial.....

Missed the point of my post completely....

Can anyone tell me what the problem is with the A/C and the PFC? It doesnt work? Just wondering thats all.

Silva, I know more than most people that the Motec and the PFC cannot be compared. I'm not trying to. No point, the motec wins hands down, but then the extra $$ make some people think its not worth it. Still, we have the Sportivo putting out the most HP (NA) that I have seen so far, so its worth it to me.

Missed the point of my post completely....

Can anyone tell me what the problem is with the A/C and the PFC? It doesnt work? Just wondering thats all.

Silva, I know more than most people that the Motec and the PFC cannot be compared. I'm not trying to. No point, the motec wins hands down, but then the extra $$ make some people think its not worth it. Still, we have the Sportivo putting out the most HP (NA) that I have seen so far, so its worth it to me.

RUBBISH, YOU KNOW NOTHING oh wait you rally a sportivo.

The AC still works, the issue is to do with the electrical load correction since the Celica and Corolla are different in the AC systems. Makes it easy to stall and causes idle hunting. Powersteering also causes electrical load issues.

Power steering on full lock will also cause it to stall as well. PFC doesn't incease base idle rpm when A/C is on. so idle drops quite low and cause hunting in revs.

MT I know about the diff between PFC and motec. Chalk and cheese LOL.

Just having a bit of a joke LOL

So what kind of power are you putting out of the rally car?? In addition to motec what else is done to it??

Power steering on full lock will also cause it to stall as well. PFC doesn't incease base idle rpm when A/C is on. so idle drops quite low and cause hunting in revs.

I guess this depends on your setup, these were the first two things I tried, didn't seem to cause any issues at all. ;)

Tune tune tune, soon soon soon B)

SD

the harness your working on, is it similar to the product available on the 9th gen corolla forums?

i think they run the factory ecu in parallel with the pfc. Theory being that the pfc will control fuel/ignition while the facotry ecu handles all the other crap ?

any1 here tried the 'usa' harness on our oz-e cars ?

SD

the harness your working on, is it similar to the product available on the 9th gen corolla forums?

i think they run the factory ecu in parallel with the pfc. Theory being that the pfc will control fuel/ignition while the facotry ecu handles all the other crap ?

any1 here tried the 'usa' harness on our oz-e cars ?

Any links to Redliner's harness?

I'll hopefully have the rest of the parts by next weekend to test it out.

http://9thgencorolla.com/forum/showthread....ghlight=harness

thats the only infomation i have come accross.

i did send them a pm regarding their harness, but it seems it is specific to the USDM cars.

not keen to spend 150kyen on brashboy so i guess the future power output of my shtr is in your hands SD :)