power fc -> zze123r

@ Superdave.

You just made my day!

Every few months I check out this forum about what is new and hot regarding engine modifications on the 2ZZ and ever since i heard of the powerFC I wanted one. But since it is a custom job and there is no one with experience on this engine within 500 km's of where i live I never persued this 'dream'.

But if you are able to provide a plug and play harnas I might find somebody capable of tuning it. I mean, the priciples stays the same, isn't it? Tuning a powerFc or another standalone unit?

Anyway, hope you finish this 'holly grail' soon :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, is there any more info on this Brash Boys harness?

Is it an entire engine harness or is it simply a fields type harness?

The price seems to indicate the former...

the brash boy harness we're talking about is for the Power FC to be installed directly to the Engine Loom... as per the Stock ECU

Got my conversion harness working. Factory temp gauge works, and the idle is good with no signs of stalling.

Long Live you !!!!!

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

they forsale ?

Yes.

$600 with working temp gauge

$480 without working temp gauge

Only have one together at the moment as I am waiting on parts that seem to have gone missing <_< Had to get some loaner bits to finish the first one off as I got sick of wasting time.

good work superdave - just a couple of questions....... does you ozzy cars have digital controls for the heaters/fans ect? you defo got the temp gauge working? the usdm cars dont which makes the current harnesses not viable for me.

they forsale ?

Yes.

Only have one together at the moment as I am waiting on parts that seem to have gone missing <_< Had to get some loaner bits to finish the first one off.

SD,

For a Power FC noob, what else would we need other than your harness?

Which model of the PFC to get?

SD,

For a Power FC noob, what else would we need other than your harness?

Which model of the PFC to get?

PowerFC for the ZZT231 Celica + Harness, nothing else is needed (unless you want the datalogit software to tune and monitor).

good work superdave - just a couple of questions....... does you ozzy cars have digital controls for the heaters/fans ect? you defo got the temp gauge working? the usdm cars dont which makes the current harnesses not viable for me.

For the climate control? If so yes. Factory temp gauge works, I watched it go up with my own eyes :P

This is fantastic news.

Now, how can I verify if your loom will work with my corolla. Mine is actualy built in England so it isn't impossible there could be some differences, no?

Would it be possible to verify this if i post some pictures from my ECU? Or is that a waste of time?

Damn, I'm so glad there is at last a plug and play option !!!

This is fantastic news.

Now, how can I verify if your loom will work with my corolla. Mine is actualy built in England so it isn't impossible there could be some differences, no?

Would it be possible to verify this if i post some pictures from my ECU? Or is that a waste of time?

Damn, I'm so glad there is at last a plug and play option !!!

Get some details off your stock ECU, part number etc and see if it matches up.

they forsale ?

Yes.

Only have one together at the moment as I am waiting on parts that seem to have gone missing <_< Had to get some loaner bits to finish the first one off as I got sick of wasting time.

This is great news. I am from Barbados in the caribbean and we have been waiting for a complete harness for our cars for quite a while.

A few questions tho what currency is that price 600.00 AUS or USD and what are the details for payment. Lets just say we are pretty eager about this new development :) .

hey guys, just to ask a noob question, what are the benefits of having a power fc installed?

my tuner says he can attach a haltec platinum intercepter to tune afr, timing and when lift kicks in.

im tempted to go with the haltec because he is confident and i dont know many tuners around here that could do my power fc( if i got one)

but what i worry about is the fact that i havent seen anyone else with a interceptor in.

If you can't tune it youself (Laptop interface, Wideband and knock monitor highly recommended for this) then the most important factor in selecting an aftermarket ecu is your tuner...

No point getting a powerfc if there's no tuners around familar with tuning it on your selected engine. It can get expensive if you're paying a tuner $200/hr to learn how to tune a powerfc on your engine, that's a really easy way to blow $1000.

Remeber that it's quite an investment to get into DIY powerfc tuning too, for that I would recommend these extras:

-FC Datalogit $375US

-Wideband o2 controller $245-600AUD

-Knock monitor (eg Knock-block which has headphone output and 0-5V output for logging via datalogit ~$240)

It's just unfortunate that the PFC doesn't have any inbuilt logging capabilities/additional outputs and a couple of other shortcomings when you get serious.

Edited by CHA54

hey guys, just to ask a noob question, what are the benefits of having a power fc installed?

my tuner says he can attach a haltec platinum intercepter to tune afr, timing and when lift kicks in.

im tempted to go with the haltec because he is confident and i dont know many tuners around here that could do my power fc( if i got one)

but what i worry about is the fact that i havent seen anyone else with a interceptor in.

If you do get a PFC u can try

http://www.unigroup.com.au/contactus.htm

they have done many 1ZZ's and 2ZZ's with PFC's both N/A and F/I

I think that is the one I was talking about, but it's really hard to say when Haltech are too useless to update their website...

Even their e-store does not have the platinum model listed either, so I thought it was not officially released yet? Who knows?

Gav.

it's released. From what one of the haltech dealers was saying up here it's really only a revamp of the old model with USB interface and updated software.