93 Camry Ultima, Oil Leak

Ben IU

Hi...

I got my 93 Camry recently, after doing a service. It had been found that there is a oil leak onto the exhaust pipe which give a bad smell.

The mechanics told me it is expensive to fix, as the location for oil leak is somewhere 'secret'. He said is not a big problem, not necessary to fix

Wht do you guys think ? Is it a must a fix that part ?

I am worry...

Normally to just top up the oil from what I know.

Maybe see if the leak is dripping on the floor? Get old piece of carpet and put under the engine where you park it. I currently have a very small oil leak at the distributor O ring at the moment... every couple of months I can wipe with a rag and it's all gone. It really just does depend on how much it's leaking.

I've got a similar problem with my 94 camry.

At the moment It is fine if I monitor it.

Once a week or so before I drive it in the morning I check the oil level, it should be at the full level on the dispstick. If it's not then top it up.

It takes about a litre of oil to bring it up from the low level to the full so I use that to gauge how much to add.

Thanks heaps GUYS...

the problem is there is actually no oil dripping onto the floor...

and the most worrying thing is the 'dripping sound' after i turn off my engine..

the dripping is quite fast and it sounds like it drops to a empty pan...

can V6 camry driver give me a photo of how does the dispstick looks like if the engine oil is full level ??

thanks agains guys

Hi...

I got my 93 Camry recently, after doing a service. It had been found that there is a oil leak onto the exhaust pipe which give a bad smell.

The mechanics told me it is expensive to fix, as the location for oil leak is somewhere 'secret'. He said is not a big problem, not necessary to fix

Wht do you guys think ? Is it a must a fix that part ?

I am worry...

Hi guys - new to the forum - interestingly I had the same problem with my 2.2 litre Camry after a service from one of the cheapo guys, but was leaking from the distributor. I added a litre of penrite 10W60 oil I had in the garage and the leak stopped! I would say in my case at least crap oil! I've now changed the oil to penrite and have no problems with that leak anymore!

Edited by boy

You lads might wanna try a thicker oil maybe? 10w50 or something like that...

Just like any oil drips, all you can do is look closely at the noise when it's happening. If not, drive over to the mechanics and get him to find out where the dripping noise is coming from?