spark plug replacement

SCOOTA44

Bosch 4516 - Bosch Platinum IR Fusion Spark Plugs $6.95US from EDITED NOT LONG AVAILABLE
Can be source here: Bosch Web Site Australia
Application

Bosch spark plug chart

Australian Bosch Spark plug chart list: Spark plug list

Or from America @ $43.50 per set of 6, cost too delivery to Australia, you would need to contact the seller? Bosch 4516 spark plugs

Or from here:Spark Plug Source
Type in serch FGR8MQI
More detail about plug

Can purchase and deliver for the amount below: $67.38US
Or can do the Denso FK20HR11 ND PLUG x 6 for $81.00 + $18.00 delivery for $99.00 all up.
plugs.jpg
shippingwg.jpg

Edited by Aurion ZR6

Nice find ZR6. Tell us how the Bosch go when you put them in :spiteful:

I'm not ready to purchase yet, as I've only done 45,000 kilometres, and will probably sell my car by then, to purchase the new 2012 model Aurion.

... and will probably sell my car by then, to purchase the new 2012 model Aurion.

About 12 months to go then?

For me, I'm deciding if I should sell my ZR6 (novated lease) at the end of the year, before possible depreciation when the new Aurion hits, then lease a cheap car for ~6 months until the FT-86 concept is available, or pay the rego and insurance until the same time ...

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd let you all know the price of these plugs appears to have jumped. Made several phone calls, both Toyota spares and other mobs and they all wanted in the vicinity of around $34 per plug!

I therefore suggest if you need them, the denso ones are easy to find on ebay (part number FK20HR11) and can be delivered from the states for around $100 total. Loving this exchange rate.

Got my set coming!

Called up Toyota MELVILLE in Perth, W.A.

They quoted me $40 each... for Toyota Spark plugs!

Should've asked if they were gold plated... lol

Has anyone tried the Bosch plugs yet? Just about time to change them and not sure which ones to use, stay with genuine and shell out the money or go for something else :unsure:

Has anyone tried the Bosch plugs yet? Just about time to change them and not sure which ones to use, stay with genuine and shell out the money or go for something else :unsure:

Genuine factory and genuine replacement plugs are the Denso ones above (FK20HR11). 6 of those shipped for under $100 is the best idea I've heard ...

Click here for service specifications (page 3), showing this plug as the only service part. The same part appears in the repair manual that is floating around in this forum (not the camrystuff.com one, but the site appears to be down for the past 3 weeks anyway).

That said, I know the Champion C57YC fits/runs and is only $18.55 each (6 for $111.30) excluding shipping from Victoria (that's just the first site I looked at). That engine was running an aftermarket ECU, so I can't say there wouldn't be any problems.

Edited by 450HP/tonne

Genuine factory and genuine replacement plugs are the Denso ones above (FK20HR11). 6 of those shipped for under $100 is the best idea I've heard ...

Click here for service specifications (page 3), showing this plug as the only service part. The same part appears in the repair manual that is floating around in this forum (not the camrystuff.com one, but the site appears to be down for the past 3 weeks anyway).

That said, I know the Champion C57YC fits/runs and is only $18.55 each (6 for $111.30) excluding shipping from Victoria (that's just the first site I looked at). That engine was running an aftermarket ECU, so I can't say there wouldn't be any problems.

Thanks mate think i will stick with the genuine ones and do a bit of shopping.

Cheers

Peter

Just thought I'd let you all know the price of these plugs appears to have jumped. Made several phone calls, both Toyota spares and other mobs and they all wanted in the vicinity of around $34 per plug!

I therefore suggest if you need them, the denso ones are easy to find on ebay (part number FK20HR11) and can be delivered from the states for around $100 total. Loving this exchange rate.

Got my set coming!

Called up Toyota MELVILLE in Perth, W.A.

They quoted me $40 each... for Toyota Spark plugs!

Should've asked if they were gold plated... lol

Yep tried Toyota here on the Central Coast and they quoted me $40.00 per plug as well so it looks like import them from the US is the way to go :clap:

I had some paypal credit remaining, I bought a set of 6 Denso FK20HR11 for AU$91.01 shipped from www.sparkplugauto.com in the US.

Parts: US$63.54 (US$10.59ea)

Shipping: US$31.26

Total: US$94.80 (= AU$91.01)

I guess someone will now find them cheaper, now I've spent the cash.

Well in the interest of doing just that, I had to accept the challenge. It's SFA saving, but it still is cheaper :lol:

http://www.sparkplugauto.com/denso/iridium-long/denso-iridium-long-fk20hr11-spark-plug.html

Parts: US$62.70 (US$10.45ea)

Shipping: US$31.25

Total: US$93.95

dt-7130477741411.png

Edit: LOL. Interesting. I just looked at your post again and realised it is the same damn shop.

Edit: LOL. Interesting. I just looked at your post again and realised it is the same damn shop.

Doing well so far then ... ;)

Rules are that they must ship to AUS (I found some for about US$8.50, but it said no-deal at the checkout).

On a related rant, I'm pretty annoyed that people in the US get all of their cars and parts for so much cheaper than we can locally, mostly due to their volume of parts. We need to increase our population so that we can get cheap car stuff! For example, Bob Jane quoted me AU$795 per wheel, which is available in the US for US$248. The part is only made in Japan ... so why does it need to be so different???

Well in the interest of doing just that, I had to accept the challenge. It's SFA saving, but it still is cheaper :lol:

http://www.sparkplugauto.com/denso/iridium-long/denso-iridium-long-fk20hr11-spark-plug.html

Parts: US$62.70 (US$10.45ea)

Shipping: US$31.25

Total: US$93.95

Just reading this again, now I feel ripped off by US$0.85, because the item I found through google had "Toyota" in the title. The item you found in the same store, with no manufacturer name, is an extra 1% cheaper :(

I have seen that on eBay before, but never at an online store (will be checking from now on). At least it's cheaper than eBay!

I had some paypal credit remaining, I bought a set of 6 Denso FK20HR11 for AU$91.01 shipped from www.sparkplugauto.com in the US.

Hey mate did they give you an estimated shipping time for your order?

Hey mate did they give you an estimated shipping time for your order?

The site said they have stock and shipping is by USPS Priority Mail International. I would expect 1-2 weeks, but will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Bosch 4516 - Bosch Platinum IR Fusion Spark Plugs are $6.95 each plus $40 postage from US gets here in 3 days. as well as my Royal Purple Oil Filter 10-2835 - Life Oil Filters

And about 1000 other Auron parts at a quarter of the price!! Never buy Australian or import from an Aussie dealer because the distributes rip them off, and the retailer rips us off.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/make/TOYOTA/engine-size/3-5L-3456cc/engine-family/Toyota-V6/

Edited by N3ptuNe

• 2 weeks later...

I am able to buy through my boss the Bosch Iridium plugs for around $14.00 each. I would be happy to pass these on to Brisbane area club members as long as it didn't get to be too many requests for them.

Bosch Aust only have about 20 in stock now so if you want you had better be quick.

Please PM if you need

Regards

Mark

More are on the way from Germany apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

I read in the '07_NCF' file that the US 2GR-FE spark plugs have a life (expectancy?) of 120,000 miles or 193,000 Kms, yet according to the Aurion maintenance handbook, they are changed every 90,000 kms. Is this just erring on the right side or getting us owners to fork out more $$?

I read in the '07_NCF' file that the US 2GR-FE spark plugs have a life (expectancy?) of 120,000 miles or 193,000 Kms, yet according to the Aurion maintenance handbook, they are changed every 90,000 kms. Is this just erring on the right side or getting us owners to fork out more $$?

Things like that are usually due to environmental differences like fuel. I can't say for sure in this case.

There is nothing stopping you from providing your own from the USA ...

Things like that are usually due to environmental differences like fuel. I can't say for sure in this case.

There is nothing stopping you from providing your own from the USA ...

They are using the same Denso FK20HR11 plugs. The same doco also says the engine can use anything from 87 octane & we use 91 minimum.

The same doco also says the engine can use anything from 87 octane & we use 91 minimum.

You must note that in the United States, their type of octane rating is the Anti-Knock Index (AKI). In Australia, our type of octane rating is the Research Octane Number (RON). The AKI is the average of the RON and the Motor Octane Number (MON, which is another type of octane rating and can be several units lover than the RON) and as a result, the AKI sits about 4 or so points lower than the RON. Therefore in the States, 87 octane for them equals 91 octane for us.

As for the spark plug service interval, it may quite be possible that the plugs can last up to 120,000 miles, but it doesn't mean their performance is going to remain just as good. Over the distance, the firing points of the spark plug will round off and this reduces its spark efficiency. Reduced spark efficiency results in reduced power and increased emissions. Changing them sooner is beneficial to help reduce those effects. The 90,000km interval is actually not bad when you compare it to Denso's literature which says they are capable of up to 120,000 miles of service yet they recommend changing them after 30,000 miles, It's like how they say your oil service interval is 15,000km, yet there are many of us here that believe the oil should be changed much sooner than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine in the mail today. Placed the order on the morning of June 15 local time, was shipped June 17. So that's 13 days to get in my hands after ordering. Not bad though I guess considering it saved me $50 or so. Definitely recommend SparkPlugAuto.com if you choose that route.