90,000 service costs ????

Deanja

Just had my 90k service done - $784. I know what Cin was talking about with the feeling of being violated. That price was not including the optional $174 fuel injector flush (I'll do that with some 98 octane petrol thanks very much). Spark plug replacement was $250 (apparently they're made out of platinum or so the dealer said - I did ask him if they were solid platinum but I dont think he got the joke :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had my 90k service done - $784. I know what Cin was talking about with the feeling of being violated. That price was not including the optional $174 fuel injector flush (I'll do that with some 98 octane petrol thanks very much). Spark plug replacement was $250 (apparently they're made out of platinum or so the dealer said - I did ask him if they were solid platinum but I dont think he got the joke :)

You do know the spark plugs cost me only $84 for those same ones you have? :S

Strangely you're not making me feel any better about being bent over by the main dealer :)

You do realise he mentioned "spark plug replacement" so he isn't saying the spark plugs themselves cost $250. Chance are the plugs cost around $150 or so and they added $100 for the labour involved in that. So realistically, the difference is not as huge as you make it seem.

Strangely you're not making me feel any better about being bent over by the main dealer :)

Well hey, at least you're still smiling ;).

Edited by Silver-Aurion

You do realise he mentioned "spark plug replacement" so he isn't saying the spark plugs themselves cost $250. Chance are the plugs cost around $150 or so and they added $100 for the labour involved in that. So realistically, the difference is not as huge as you make it seem.

That's still a big difference for me. Definitely a huge difference in my eyes. The way things are going these days with the price of everything sky rocketing, every cent you spend these days counts.

I was jus trying to help the guy out so he will be more aware next time. Wasn't trying to make him feel bad about his purchase.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my car booked in at Ultratune. I was quoted $300. I haggled down from $350. This is me supplying all parts. If I didn't supply it was like $780. Huge difference. Still comes wayy cheaper even with me supplying parts.

I have all parts ready, engine air filter, a/c filter, sparks, oil filter. The only thing NOT Toyota genuine is the Penrite HPR5 oil which is now apparently according to the new stickering full synthetic where as the old HPR5 was semi so it was as surprise when I saw it was now full because I was planning on only buying one 5 litre because I still had my old one left over but decided to buy 2 of the new since the old one has changed so I don't want to go mixing and matching.

Edited by Silver-Aurion

Alright, major service is complete. Doubled checked everything that it has been changed etc. I never trust mechanics but yeah everything is perfect. They even cleaned and put new lube on the door hinges etc lol.

I asked for my old spark plugs so if anyone wants a picture to see what 85k plugs look like from an aurion let me know. If not cbf taking a pic lol.

Everything else like the old filters and stuff where relatively clean.

Brake fluid etc all nice n new :D.

Mines overdue for the 90,000 sad.gif. I'm at 95 currently, I'll definitely look into getting it done soon.

At what point is the traditional 100,000km service done? Things like harmonic balancer, cam seals, rear & front main seals, water pump, oil pump, timing belt etc?

Good question... I've never seen any of these 'traditional' items mentioned in the Aurion service book... big hmmmm...

• 1 year later...

Ok so whilst my next service will be daunting as it's the 90K, from experience what are the next big hurts? Asusming after 90K the price drops back to normal again until lets say 150K?

Any experience with this guys an gals?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went and got my 105,000km service

I was quoted $400 or so, few weeks beforehand

On the day of service, charge was $1299

4 extra jobs like throttle body clean, air con service... forgot the rest as I don't have the invoice with me

I've just asked the local dealer re: costs for the 75K and 90K service. They're $350 & $900.

Another local garage I've used and have been happy with have quoted $150 and $550. Spark plugs at $37.50

each.

I've just bought 6 via ebay for $117 delivered from the USA. An immediate $100+ saving.

Edited by boxerboy

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've just asked the local dealer re: costs for the 75K and 90K service. They're $350 & $900.

Another local garage I've used and have been happy with have quoted $150 and $550. Spark plugs at $37.50

each.

I've just bought 6 via ebay for $117 delivered from the USA. An immediate $100+ saving.

I'm finally due for the 90K service. I bought the plugs 8/13 as above when the $OZ was good. Plugs x 6 via USA ebay is still OZ$125.37, so I saved a grand total of <$10.

Today the local place quoted $550, the local dealer was $950. Both quotes included $40 per plug.

So if they're charging $240 + $100 for plugs and installation, at $340 there's still $600+ left.

What else does the dealer do that requires $600? Oils /air&oil&cabin filters /brake flush....what else?

Edited by boxerboy

My 90K service is done. Labour was $150.

After getting the $900+ quote I thought they must've done a heap of other stuff, other than the spark plugs @ $240 and $100 labour.

The invoice includes:

a minor service,

lots of inspections,

wheel rotation,

oil and filter changes, including air filter.

brake fluid flush.

Did they miss anything that should've been done d'ya think?