Aurion recall/ warranty fixes

czaja74

supatouring has already something about this...

Note: This part will not fit a TRD as the supercharger belt is in the way. The pipe is a different shape as it goes backwards and down the front of the head. It does still have a rubber hose in the middle so the same issue will more then likely be present over time.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I booked my car to get it changed but i was told the the recall was not for TRD AURION. It was for normal AURIONS only. I was wondering what is the difference between both with regards to the oil pipe? I have no idea :(

Yeah mate, a bit out of luck on that one. They could change the hose if they wanted to, but from what David (SupaTouring) and I remember, the rubber hose part is actually shorter so they would have to cut the replacement hose. That's if they were to do it.

I remember the meet after I fitted my new oil line. I was talking to David (after he mentioned that he picked up a metal pipe as well) and we were discussing the DIY. He then popped his bonnet and we were in the process of looking how to do it then I noticed the entire line was going in a different direction.

and get the doors and other things programmed. will have to choose the options tho.

Hope you get it free. I tried the whole "while you are servicing my car and have the Intelligent Tester connected, could you change these settings?" They wanted to charge me still. So I got it done when I got my new key programmed.

I called today to get the oil line, shaft spline and programmage.

and asked how much to program they said free :)

woo hoo...

now to search where the options are on this forum.

I booked my car to get it changed but i was told the the recall was not for TRD AURION. It was for normal AURIONS only. I was wondering what is the difference between both with regards to the oil pipe? I have no idea :(

Yeah mate, a bit out of luck on that one. They could change the hose if they wanted to, but from what David (SupaTouring) and I remember, the rubber hose part is actually shorter so they would have to cut the replacement hose. That's if they were to do it.

I remember the meet after I fitted my new oil line. I was talking to David (after he mentioned that he picked up a metal pipe as well) and we were discussing the DIY. He then popped his bonnet and we were in the process of looking how to do it then I noticed the entire line was going in a different direction.

I have also posted in the original oil line thread, but there is a replacement oil line/pipe/hose coming for the TRD's. Notifications will be sent out in the mail, I was informed of this when collecting my car this afternoon.

EDIT: Forgot to add earlier that I also had the intermediate shaft replaced today. Soooooo much better without the knock!

Hey guys i know its old news as most people have had the dash rattle rectified but i thought I’d post these pics anyway, it may be of some interest for the people who are yet to have the problem fixed :D

post-14878-1260951969_thumb.jpg

post-14878-1260952386_thumb.jpg

post-14878-1260952613_thumb.jpg

Amazing they could even get the whole thing back together without causing more problems than before... if it were me, I would either end up with screws missing, or more leftover than before! <_<

On the topic of fixing the dash rattles, does anyone know if the intermediary spline shaft can be replaced without removing parts of the dash? I would hate to get the dash rattles back while they try to fix a separate issue...

Amazing they could even get the whole thing back together without causing more problems than before... if it were me, I would either end up with screws missing, or more leftover than before! <_<

On the topic of fixing the dash rattles, does anyone know if the intermediary spline shaft can be replaced without removing parts of the dash? I would hate to get the dash rattles back while they try to fix a separate issue...

I have had my whole dashboard replaced (had warped in the sun near the drivers side tweeter grill. This had happened while in holding yard pryor to delivery - 06/07 build and 04/08 delivery) and had the rattle fix done at the same time and it has been great every since.

I believe that it is only the piece under the steering column that is removed as the intermediate shaft goes from just above the brake pedal through the firewall and to the steering rack.

Just quick update. Picked the car yesterday. The dashboard vibrations gone, VVTi oil line was replaced for one metal piece one (paid $170 labour and $45 part). They replaced bailey window channel but I still have a whistling noise from a rear left door/window. Also the slight clunk noise from the right rear wheel is still there. They adjusted hand/foot brake but it didnt help. It only appears when car is parked for a while and then after driving away abt 10-20 meters there is a clunk noise. Yes I read the other thread about ABS thingy but I wonder why it only does on one whell.

Just quick update. Picked the car yesterday. The dashboard vibrations gone, VVTi oil line was replaced for one metal piece one (paid $170 labour and $45 part). They replaced bailey window channel but I still have a whistling noise from a rear left door/window. Also the slight clunk noise from the right rear wheel is still there. They adjusted hand/foot brake but it didnt help. It only appears when car is parked for a while and then after driving away abt 10-20 meters there is a clunk noise. Yes I read the other thread about ABS thingy but I wonder why it only does on one whell.

The clunk on the rear right wheel is common. It is definately the ABS self-checks taking place, I think theres a solenoid there or something that causes the sound.

Hey guys i know its old news as most people have had the dash rattle rectified but i thought I’d post these pics anyway, it may be of some interest for the people who are yet to have the problem fixed :D

Hi Matt, serious stuff with the dash. Glad I didn't see mine when I got it done a couple of months ago.

Michael,

yeah mate when the tech brought me over to have a look i said holy sh!t ddue you've broke my car lol, but you'd never know it has been touched now everything fits fine no creeks or anything better than new!

I have had my whole dashboard replaced (had warped in the sun near the drivers side tweeter grill. This had happened while in holding yard pryor to delivery - 06/07 build and 04/08 delivery) and had the rattle fix done at the same time and it has been great every since.

I believe that it is only the piece under the steering column that is removed as the intermediate shaft goes from just above the brake pedal through the firewall and to the steering rack.

Thanks SupaTouring. Hopefully they won't need to touch the dash then!

I have already had the recall replaced pipe done (with the rubber hose unfortunately) the other day, but I have been told there is a back-order in Japan for the intermediate shaft spline until March, so I have the low "thud" in the steering until then. Might just get it done at the next general maintenance I guess and get some new tires too.

I must say I was quite impressed that the dealer managed to replace that line without a single oil drop anywhere. I can tell the oil has been changed too, as the car always runs far smoother after oil changes. I can't find the yellow stripe on the hose however, but it seems to be a new hose as it is black instead of the previous powdery grey of the old one. Is the yellow stripe on all these hoses to indicate they are the "fixed" ones, or is it something the dealer marks?

Is the yellow stripe on all these hoses to indicate they are the "fixed" ones, or is it something the dealer marks?

I would say the mark is on the hose for stock identifying purposes and probably has either come off during fitting, or is on the opposite end of the line.

Ok, it is scary to think I let them do this to my car!! I got my dash rattles fixed with new clips by Toyota... They didn't care that I had an aftermarket headunit in there either. No more rattles :D tested it out on the bumpiest road I could find.

has toyota acknowledged there is a problem with pulling to left, and are they fixing it?

they had a go at fixing mine but problem still there.

I think after all this time... my answer in the FAQ is still valid:

Q) My Aurion pulls to the left even after a wheel alignment. Is there something wrong?

A)
There is a known issue that the Aurion will have a tendency to pull to the left on a perfectly flat road, and not due to the camber in the road itself. The issue is caused by the suspension castor not being correct. There is a solution however, and that is Super Pro Polyurethane Offset bushes. These are available from Fulcrum suspension under the part name SPF2904K. Toyota does not acknowledge the issue, but if you pursue them enough, they MAY change it for you under warranty.

Threads of interest:

They will usually try to say to you that they will jsut have to do a wheel alignment and that would fix it etc, etc. This however never really seems to fix it properly. If it is persued with them for a while, they may fit the part specified above, but it usually takes a bit of effort to get them to do it.

has toyota acknowledged there is a problem with pulling to left, and are they fixing it?

they had a go at fixing mine but problem still there.

I think after all this time... my answer in the FAQ is still valid:

Q) My Aurion pulls to the left even after a wheel alignment. Is there something wrong?

A)
There is a known issue that the Aurion will have a tendency to pull to the left on a perfectly flat road, and not due to the camber in the road itself. The issue is caused by the suspension castor not being correct. There is a solution however, and that is Super Pro Polyurethane Offset bushes. These are available from Fulcrum suspension under the part name SPF2904K. Toyota does not acknowledge the issue, but if you pursue them enough, they MAY change it for you under warranty.

Threads of interest:

They will usually try to say to you that they will jsut have to do a wheel alignment and that would fix it etc, etc. This however never really seems to fix it properly. If it is persued with them for a while, they may fit the part specified above, but it usually takes a bit of effort to get them to do it.

I am not sure if this helps, but took my new Presara for an alignment at a mates workshop, he said that my L/H side camber is out, he tried adjusting it but told me that in about 6 months when everything settles in ill need a camber kit or if go for 19" and camber kit is a must.............. Spoke to Toyota and the response was "see how your tyres wheel wear"

I am not sure if this helps, but took my new Presara for an alignment at a mates workshop, he said that my L/H side camber is out, he tried adjusting it but told me that in about 6 months when everything settles in ill need a camber kit or if go for 19" and camber kit is a must.............. Spoke to Toyota and the response was "see how your tyres wheel wear"

Some members here have reported that the camber kit (camber bolts) do in fact work at fixing that pulling to the left issue, however this would do so at the expense of potentially increased camber wear on your tires. I personally see it as a 'cover up' in that sense.

The caster kit from Fulcrum however fixes the correct part that is out of alignment without any trade-offs. It's up to what you want to do though. Extra camber may be what you want so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Can someone post a picture what was done to their car for this recall?

Because after speaking with the service guy's they are only going to add a new rubber hose over the existing rubber section, I will personal post a next photo of what been done for the problem, when I receive my car tomorrow.

Can someone post a picture what was done to their car for this recall?

Because after speaking with the service guy's they are only going to add a new rubber hose over the existing rubber section, I will personal post a next photo of what been done for the problem, when I receive my car tomorrow.

Please see this post