Aurion recall/ warranty fixes

czaja74

Those of us who have had the line replaced haven't had the problem yet. Hell most probably would never have had the problem anyway. If the problem started happening with the new one, as the subject of an earlier recall they would probably recall it again anyway.

If the potential problem is gone, what more do you want?

Not a damn thing. He wasn't even at risk of the problem in the first place.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the potential problem is gone, what more do you want?

Not a damn thing. He wasn't even at risk of the problem in the first place.

I know the car has the later part, I was using the royal 'you' ...

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I posted my issue up in another forum I made but I thought it might be good to ask here...

My aurion has sprung an oil leak, and I'm wondering whether or not it's the infamous VVT- oil pipe rubber leak. I'll take it to Toyota after the festive season and leave it parked up for now...

What do you reckon? Is it the CSE pipe? If so I'll ask for them to do it for free.

post-13835-0-18100100-1387874226_thumb.j

Edited by oldcruiser

• 6 months later...

Sources inside Toyota have this morning suggested that Toyota have indefinitely stopped the sale of the new TRD Aurion due to issues - presumably issues stemming from under the bonnet.

The issue appears to have stemmed from a single TRD Aurion which was involved in an accident recently in Melbourne, driven by a Toyota salesperson.

A CarAdvice reader contacted us last week with information about a TRD Aurion being involved in a single car accident in Melbourne that required paramedic and police response. At the time, we simply thought it was a one off incident, but it appears it may be at the heart of this matter.

CarAdvice is waiting for comment from Toyota to confirm the allegation. Although we didnt have any issues with both TRD Aurion test vehicles we have driven, Toyota will presumably go to efforts to check dealer and marketing vehicles, along with customer vehicles if requested. In the mean time read our TRD Aurion Review.

• 1 year later...

Didn't want to start a new thread so using this one. I got a letter from Toyota on Friday, It reads -

Campaign number BGG55

Toyota is contacting you to inform of a Safety Related Recall Campaign involving your Aurion.  YOur vehicle is equipped with a driver's side Power Window Mater(I think they mean Master) Switch containing sliding electrical contact modules. These modules are lubricated with a sprayed-on grease that may have been applied inconsistently during the manufacturing process, not providing sufficient coverage. During normal operation, debris caused by wear from the electrical contact points can accumulate between the terminals where the grease was insufficiently applied, and a short circuit could form between the contact points by the debris. If a short circuit occurs, the switch assembly may overheat and melt. A melting switch may produce smoke and, potentially, lead to fire.

Then is says the usual, to make an appointment to have the switch inspected for more grease or to have the circuit board replaced if need.

Thought I'd share, couldn't find a previous thread on the subject.

Edited by SATORI893