AUX input mod - PM's sent to DJKOR regarding this mod will go unanswered.

shane_85

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

hey guys, i just bought my aurion and was trying this AUX mode... so far this post has been such a great help, i got everything done but i have two problem.

1st the 3.5mm jack i bought at jaycar is so dodgy. which mean when i touch it the right speaker go lower than the left. so my question is do you guys know any other places i can buy a better quality 3.5mm jack?

and the last one is i accidentally cut my f8 plug in half (_ _")so yeah any idea where i can get another one of that?

THX ALOT!!!

• 1 month later...

I've read all 4 pages and not being a tech head can I confirm that it's now possible to buy a connector kit from Toyota for my 2008 Presara to connect my i Phone 4 to Aux?

Or have I read this all wrong!

• 1 month later...

Wanted to add my thanks to Shane_85 and other posters after successfully adding a AUX to my 08 Aurion ATX :clap:

One note of caution is that there is a grey plug that connects into the A/C control panel located below the Audio unit, that plug will also fit into the back of the audio unit into an unused connector. Tripped myself up for a while after wrongly connecting this to the wrong place :( , but fortunately no harm done.

I used the instructions at http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16676&hl=%20remove%20%20head%20%20unit&st=0 to get to the Audio unit, fantastic post also.

I've attached a couple of labeled photos that may help anyone attempting this project. Note that I did not use a 3.5mm jack as I could not find one of reasonable quality, I chose instead to go direct into a 3.5mm plug.

post-22440-0-43741600-1297687301_thumb.j

post-22440-0-24014400-1297687396_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Great post. I definitely need to try this however I can't seem to download that manual if anyone I keen to email me a copy please do so pbayer86@hotmail.com. I have a aurion zr6 2007 model. I hope I can do this with ease as im not 100% confident to do this on my own. Trying to find time would my 2nd issue. So just a suggestion if there is anyone on the gold coast (runaway bay) or nearby (50km range) that want to get some cash by doing this for me please let me know otherwise I'll try it myself. Thnx.

• 2 weeks later...

I too wanted to add my thanks to Shane_85 and other posters of this mod.

Great way to spend a few hours on a sunday arvo :) This is going to make a huge diff to our trip to QLD next week.

Thx guys

post-20462-0-26872900-1301818967_thumb.jpost-20462-0-10635700-1301818969_thumb.jpost-20462-0-59428700-1301818970_thumb.jpost-20462-0-92093400-1301818971_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I'm offering a kind citizen $50 + Lunch to install this modification for me in Brisbane.

Would appreciate the help :-)

either I or Daryl could do this easily...

I'm offering a kind citizen $50 + Lunch to install this modification for me in Brisbane.

Would appreciate the help :-)

either I or Daryl could do this easily...

But the issue is doing it for me? lol :-(

On a serious not I'm offering cash or some other payment for someone to do this for me!

On a serious not I'm offering cash or some other payment for someone to do this for me!

Happy to help if you need a hand mate, but as with Daryl, time will be the issue. Next free weekend is May 15th :)

Happy to help if you need a hand mate, but as with Daryl, time will be the issue. Next free weekend is May 15th :)

x3 I don't mind doing it for free (as long as you buy all the bits) but time will be an issue, although I *might* be able to do it next weekend.

Pay for the bits and rock up this Thursday night and I'll have it done for you.

Option 1: Cable to glove box/centre console with 3.5mm jack on one end - $6.15

Option 2: 3.5mm socket installed in centre console - $11.05 (3.5mm - 3.5mm cable extra)

Guaranteed install in less than 30 minutes or your money back*.

* Conditions apply.

Edit: I started preparing everything and am somewhat excited (don't ask) to get this done. I would like to get this over and done with tonight. Are you available?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

If anyone here is from Melbourne and is able to help me do this aux input for my 2007 atx aurion, It would be very much appreciated. :D

Would even like to offer a slab of beer or some form of payment for the time.

Of course ill pay for the materials.

LvL

Hi Guys

If anyone here is from Melbourne and is able to help me do this aux input for my 2007 atx aurion, It would be very much appreciated. :D

Would even like to offer a slab of beer or some form of payment for the time.

Of course ill pay for the materials.

LvL

I'm up for it :) Send me a PM! Cash will be fine hehe

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm interested in getting this mod done. I've had my 07 Aurion ZR6 for less than a week - I LOVE the car. But for a car with so many features I'm surprised it doesn't have any AUX or USB input. At the moment I'm just burning mp3 CD's :(

I don't know if I feel comfortable trying this mod. I have very little electronics skills - although I do have family/friends who are technically minded with this type of stuff. Will read up more and give it a go someday.

The next mod after this may well be changing the speakers over - the bass in this car is so uncontrolled it distorts and baffles out the mid and high range!

• 2 weeks later...

I used a male 3.5mm cable to directly plug it to my audio device. Will there be a problem if I don't use a female headphone jack socket? Instead, I used a Male HEadphone jack. Infact it was working perfectly except the AUX is always ON even no device is connected to it.

As per my understanding,

ALO goes to Left signal of cable

ARO goes to Right signal of Cable

AGND goes to ground signal of cable

AUXI goes to radio's AUXI signal

ASGN goes where?

I saw some post seems to say that I have to tap the AUXI to ASGN, is this right? So I don't have to connect AUXI to body ground?

For now, the AUXI is installed to body ground with resistor which enables AUX function, however, I have a problem, even the Headphone plug is not installed to a audio device, I can still select it in mode selections or even by pressing DISC twice.

What I want to happen now is make it perform like original, wherein AUX will not show up when the headphone plug is not used.

Edited by jtphl

I already sent you a PM so I will copy the contents here. Just a word of advice. If you don't get a response within a day, there is no need to then go and send a member like myself a PM asking the exact same thing. Please be patient.

That is correct operation when you have done the AUX mod. Connecting that resistor with AUX ground will enable the "AUX" mode in the head unit. Because you have it permanently connected.... AUX Mode is available permanently.

Factory setup typically has the resistor connected to AUX ground via the 3.5mm socket. This enables the connection to be cut when the plug is disconnected and therefore removing the AUX Mode from the menu.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking to try this out for myself. Anyone have a guide on how to gut the Aurion like shane_85 has done? The AUX plug won't be my only custom mod, but yeah, is there a guide on how to gut my console like shown in the link in the opening post?