Where to get Slimline Weathershields??

I really need slimline weather shields for the car, they make a huge difference in rain. Its been raining in Melbourne for the past two days and when I opened my window it would start raining inside the car.

Also they look nice. :spiteful: as seen here: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&id=10956

I checked Toyota and they want $200+ for these which is a rip off. I looked on ebay and can't find any. Does anyone know where I can grab them for both sides of the car. (they must be genuine)

http://www.nunawadingtoyota.com.au/img/pdf...ory-pricing.pdf (search for part no: 0861133830)

Gotta bite the bullet mate and go genuine for the slimlines,also there tricky to fit so if your not confident get your dealer to do it when you buy em,also the slimlines don't offer huge rain protection but do help,they look freakin cool but.

Gotta bite the bullet mate and go genuine for the slimlines,also there tricky to fit so if your not confident get your dealer to do it when you buy em,also the slimlines don't offer huge rain protection but do help,they look freakin cool but.

Bugger, I had a feeling this would have been the case. They are way out of my budget. Also, I'm surprised they would be hard to fit. They don't look relatively complicated, probably something I can pull off.

I'll ask on Thursday what these guys best price is. I know it will still be out of my budget but see what they say.

Are you willing to sell yours because they do look mean :P

Do they come for both sides of the car or just one side?

If I recall correctly I got mine form Toyota for $170 in Sydney.

I really like them a lot. They are very functional and don't detract from the car at all unlike other manufacturers attempts at slimmer weather shields.

Take your time putting them on and follow the instructions.. dont pull the plastic covering the sticky stuff off untill they are in place.. you'll figure out how.

You've got to go genuine mate...the one on EBAY dont have the chrome on them. They look cheap without the chrome.

i paid $166 for mine about a year ago from toyota.

Edited by sera709

Bugger, I had a feeling this would have been the case. They are way out of my budget. Also, I'm surprised they would be hard to fit. They don't look relatively complicated, probably something I can pull off.

I'll ask on Thursday what these guys best price is. I know it will still be out of my budget but see what they say.

Are you willing to sell yours because they do look mean :P

Do they come for both sides of the car or just one side?

There not hard to fit,just a little tricky...Taco hit the nail on the head,take your time and everything will be fine.

and nah you can't have mine,buy your own mods. :P

HOW MUCH! Damm the dealers over there screws ya's for everything they can. I got set in for Paradigm over xmas and i think there was like $134.00ish? correct me here mate if i'm wrong but i'm sure it was something like that :S certainly not $170-200 though! they usually work out to be a fairly similer price to buying to normal sized one but ofcourse you get 4.. smaller yes but 4 none the less!

HOW MUCH! Damm the dealers over there screws ya's for everything they can. I got set in for Paradigm over xmas and i think there was like $134.00ish? correct me here mate if i'm wrong but i'm sure it was something like that :S certainly not $170-200 though! they usually work out to be a fairly similer price to buying to normal sized one but ofcourse you get 4.. smaller yes but 4 none the less!

If they are $130 I would definitely go for them. Looks like I'm much out of luck on this one. I really wanted those ones. And when I said ebay, I meant when sometimes people sell Original parts over ebay and sometimes cheaper. Not meaning that I'm look at fakes on ebay.

Does the final price also include fitting?

I got the genuine ones from co-op toyota (only 2 though) $121.55 I feel ripped off !

I payed 130 plus GST 2 months ago, they are for a set of 4 (front and back) from Toyota in Newcastle. Very easy to fit follow the directions and you should not go wrong. Cheers

Was that including them fitting it or yourself?

I payed 130 plus GST 2 months ago, they are for a set of 4 (front and back) from Toyota in Newcastle. Very easy to fit follow the directions and you should not go wrong. Cheers

Was that including them fitting it or yourself?

At that cost (even $200), you will have to fit it yourself. Those above that bought them have fitted it themselves. This is why they are telling you to take care when fitting it. If installation was included, they wouldn't have to tell you that.

Here's two sites to look up on the net for weathershields, 'Roof Rack World', they sell slimelines $55 eeach, Sa company. But here's a great site 'Grand Style Auto Accessories', a NSW company. Loads and Loads of goodies nfor Camry/Aurion including Slimline weather shields, Reverse Camneras, Xenon lights, wild interior lights and lots more. This one really worth a look for a whole range of unique goodies !!!!! :yahoo:

They are fairly simple to fit, providing you follow the instructions carefully. Took me about half hour to fit the 4 of them. Just make sure you line it up 100% before you peel the tape right off, coz once you get the primer on there and that double sided tape sticks like sh!t to a blanket!

The sub $150 mark seems to be the going rate if you talk to the right person at your dealership. As Adamsy said, he quoted me about $134 for mine, both sides. Apparently it ended up slightly more than that, but not sure exactly how much coz my folks ended up buying them for me for xmas. I think RStyleRacing also carry them, so depending on how long you are prepared to wait you can probably get in on a group buy and nab them at a cheap price.

Paradigm Posted Today, 12:54 PM

They are fairly simple to fit, providing you follow the instructions carefully. Took me about half hour to fit the 4 of them. Just make sure you line it up 100% before you peel the tape right off, coz once you get the primer on there and that double sided tape sticks like sh!t to a blanket!

The sub $150 mark seems to be the going rate if you talk to the right person at your dealership. As Adamsy said, he quoted me about $134 for mine, both sides. Apparently it ended up slightly more than that, but not sure exactly how much coz my folks ended up buying them for me for xmas. I think RStyleRacing also carry them, so depending on how long you are prepared to wait you can probably get in on a group buy and nab them at a cheap price.

I think originally i quoted trade price that was near as make know difference to $120.00ish but then your rents came in and got served by somebody else and got charged RRP which im sure was $134.00 but yes it easly comes to less than $150 for all 4.

Scoota: $121.55 actually is a good price for both full size ones, i'd even say that perhaps Co-Op gave you trade price there as normally there $70 each!

Paradigm Posted Today, 12:54 PM

I think originally i quoted trade price that was near as make know difference to $120.00ish but then your rents came in and got served by somebody else and got charged RRP which im sure was $134.00 but yes it easly comes to less than $150 for all 4.

Scoota: $121.55 actually is a good price for both full size ones, i'd even say that perhaps Co-Op gave you trade price there as normally there $70 each!

sorry. you are right, forgot they come in two sizes.

If I was to install weather shields , I'd probably just do the front two windows.

Doesn't Autobarn or Supercheap sell (or allow you to order in) weathershields Aurions ? I think they would be cheaper than some of the prices quoted above.

Yeah, but the thing about non-genuine is that half the time they don't have the chrome strip, which makes them look kinda tacky. Same reason why not to buy from ebay.

If fact, I think even the full size front Aurion weathershields don't have the chrome. Only the slimeline genuine ones do.

Hey guys, I got around to email couple of dealers for quotes, one was a total rip off. They wanted $220(inc fitting). And the second one wanted, ready for it?... $114 :D :D :D

They said an extra $55 for them fitting it or $114 if you fit it. Very happy with the outcome as it seems as though I got the cheapest quote, the cheapest someone mentioned here was like $120? :P

So, I think I need to bite the bullet and install them myself with the help with car savvy bro in law as he knows this sort of stuff way better then me. Do these come with good instructions on how to put them on?

Anyone can give any pointers on how to do a proper install.

I'm thinking of getting these within the next few days, $114 is good price.

Edited by unique

They instructions are fairly straight forward. Just follow them and you should be safe.

Only real pointer is to make sure you have them in EXACTLY the right spot before you completely remove the tape backing, and make sure you hold them REALLY tightly in place while you do so, because as soon as all that tape is exposed and contacts the primer, it'll stick like sh!t to a blanket, and you'll have a real sod of a job fine tweaking them back into place.

$114, nice work. Did that include the adhesive primer too?

They instructions are fairly straight forward. Just follow them and you should be safe.

Only real pointer is to make sure you have them in EXACTLY the right spot before you completely remove the tape backing, and make sure you hold them REALLY tightly in place while you do so, because as soon as all that tape is exposed and contacts the primer, it'll stick like sh!t to a blanket, and you'll have a real sod of a job fine tweaking them back into place.

$114, nice work. Did that include the adhesive primer too?

Thanks for the help on how to do it properly.

Not sure if its with the adhesive primer, what exactly is that?

This is what it said in the email:

Hi there, just replying in regards to the prices you asked for which were for the slimline weathersheilds, they are $114.10 & the cost of fitment is $55.00 bringing the total to $169.10.