chicken's rice mobile

chicken

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today i tinted the chrome headlight trim for my second retrofit.

I used niteshades (metalcast smoke was not available) but it did not stick on the chrome well at all! so i used adhesion primer which help abit but still too "grainy" i can only hope that its not very obvious once its behind the lens.

1z4z4sg.jpg

30t6yww.jpg

excellent work mate!!! cant wait to see it finished! :)

wanna do mine? hahaha

thanks mate! since that photo i sprayed some more and i am kicking myself for that because its too dark now :(

i cant recommend niteshades as a chrome tint it doesn't coat evenly. if you can wait for duplicolor to release the metalcast - smoke spray then we can try :spiteful:

• 2 weeks later...

an update:

my rear left tyre was punctured by a plier last week :( still deciding whether to get new tyres or go 17s.

35l4t94.jpg

tonight i tested the new projectors and ran into some problems...

a preview

11mcmbp.jpg

Edited by chicken

an update:

my rear left tyre was punctured by a plier last week :( still deciding whether to get new tyres or go 17s.

tonight i tested the new projectors and ran into some problems...

Ouch, gotta hate it when someone just leave their tools behind aye...

What happened to the projectors?

Edited by ToyotaFreak

• 2 weeks later...
You know, your Corolla looks better than a stock Sportivo... LOL! :lol:

thanks young. like and1's my car got hammered by the freak hail storm. the windows are fine so its still drivable (definitely turns heads now lol)

it was parked at nedlands QEII medical centre. it must be ground zero i reckon, most of the facebook hail photos are from uwa!

windscreen wipers ripped off, headlight washer covers smashed into pieces, side mirror smashed, jdm taillights cracked. i got rac comprehensive and im pretty sure its a write off :(

is this a sign to get a golf? :lol:2ce41w2.jpg

Edited by chicken

Chicken mate,

this is so sad to see... it just looks like your car got absolutely hammered :(

i hope they can fix it, or otherwise, see if you can get your hands on a Sportivo ;)

Good luck with it all mate, keep us updated :D

Evo

Chicken mate,

this is so sad to see... it just looks like your car got absolutely hammered :(

i hope they can fix it, or otherwise, see if you can get your hands on a Sportivo ;)

Good luck with it all mate, keep us updated :D

Evo

thanks evo like you i didn't know the sportivo existed (then again i wasn't into cars in the first place lol). the sportivo is an option if it gets written off.

Oh that sucks.. soo sad to see. :(
Ouch! Sorry to hear about your car. :(

thanks guys. and i thought the year of the tiger was meant to be good to me <_<

Bloody hell :( that is some serious damage,should be a write off IMO :( ...i'm so sorry to see this mate,wow you were not kidding when you said it looked like a golf ball.Good luck with the insurance,hope it all goes nice & smooth for you.

Fark you mother nature,you really suck sometimes. :angry:

Damn......sorry to see your car got hit pretty badly too. I drove past you that day on the freeway and i thought your car looked fine. But didn't realise it had been damaged too. That sucks.

you didn't notice the damage? i thought you did. i guess white masks the flaws quite well :D

Bloody hell :( that is some serious damage,should be a write off IMO :( ...i'm so sorry to see this mate,wow you were not kidding when you said it looked like a golf ball.Good luck with the insurance,hope it all goes nice & smooth for you.

Fark you mother nature,you really suck sometimes. :angry:

yeah i think its a write off too. i made the claim online 5days ago but haven't heard from insurance yet. i assume my claim is low priority because its still drivable.

• 2 weeks later...

here are some pics of my projector retrofit version 2 that never got to use or finish...

fx-r bixenon projectors - one of the widest beams and bixenon(low and high beam from the projector)

-these are RHD. beware of LHD lights.

porsche cayenne (apollo) shrouds

4300K D2S bulbs

H7 LED bulbs as parker/DRL in high beam reflector

dwdf6w.jpg

vmt8uu.jpg

2llogeu.jpg

15wm49k.jpg

wco0hd.jpg

beilmu.jpg

szerg9.jpg

34rhl34.jpg

with lens on:

xc2b6r.jpg

Edited by chicken

• 3 months later...

thanks rocky glad to have you back in forums! dave i have a car now :D

i went to the pickles hail damage car auction and saw the corolla sell for $4.5k. a few weeks later a guy from my toyota dealer phoned me about where to get the jdm taillights from ... his friend bought my car and is repairing it to sell.

i was set on getting a megane sport 225 cup but there was none in perth in my price range. also looked at mkv golf gti's but too expensive. in the end i sacrificed performance and got a prefaclift bmw 120i. don't hate :)

really happy with the car so far. leg room for the back seats is really small and its on runflat tyres but i can live with that.

i know how expensive it is to maintain a bmw so modding will be kept to a minimum. mods so far are osram diadems, led license plate lights and grey vinyl overlay on bmw roundels.

this forum has helped me so much in car knowledge and have made good friends at the meets so i won't be leaving this forum anytime soon :)

cheers!

28u7h2a.jpg

2gtwvnd.jpg

14azdb5.jpg

2h7oshl.jpg

other 1ers!

img_0814.jpg

20090604dd.jpg

img9391g.jpg

Edited by chicken

thanks rocky glad to have you back in forums! dave i have a car now :D

i went to the pickles hail damage car auction and saw the corolla sell for $4.5k. a few weeks later a guy from my toyota dealer phoned me about where to get the jdm taillights from ... his friend bought my car and is repairing it to sell.

i was set on getting a megane sport 225 cup but there was none in perth in my price range. also looked at mkv golf gti's but too expensive. in the end i sacrificed performance and got a prefaclift bmw 120i. don't hate :)

really happy with the car so far. leg room for the back seats is really small and its on runflat tyres but i can live with that.

i know how expensive it is to maintain a bmw so modding will be kept to a minimum. mods so far are osram diadems, led license plate lights and grey vinyl overlay on bmw roundels.

this forum has helped me so much in car knowledge and have made good friends at the meets so i won't be leaving this forum anytime soon :)

cheers!

28u7h2a.jpg

2gtwvnd.jpg

14azdb5.jpg

2h7oshl.jpg

other 1ers!

img_0814.jpg

20090604dd.jpg

img9391g.jpg

ncie choice bro! glad to see youre staying true to team white :)

and im expecting some awsome HID retrofit in the near future mate!