chicken's rice mobile

chicken

I love team white! Yeah its a shame it didnt come with xenons wouldve been perfect! Retrofitting oem ones is not worth it as the car needs coding from the dealer. Retrofitting aftermarket ones will throw a bulb out error from the canbus.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love team white! Yeah its a shame it didnt come with xenons wouldve been perfect! Retrofitting oem ones is not worth it as the car needs coding from the dealer. Retrofitting aftermarket ones will throw a bulb out error from the canbus.

damn... im sure you'll figure a way :P

make sure you get out to some photoshoots this coming summer k? wanna see this german beast! :P

Congrats on the new car mate,she looks very clean & tidy... :toast:

it would have broke my heart to see the Rolla sell for $4500 after all the time & effort you poured into it. :(

Congrats on the new car mate,she looks very clean & tidy... :toast:

it would have broke my heart to see the Rolla sell for $4500 after all the time & effort you poured into it. :(

thanks mate. the wheels are full of brake dust from all the late braking :D it handles really well with some understeer in the dry but you realise its rwd in wet (made an idiot of myself at some roundabouts :P)...

yeah the corolla was perfect mechanically, it still had the trd lowering springs, stivo catback and stivo body kit! a real preface stivo got sold for $6750 (hail damaged) the same day too.

Thanks chicken glad to see you are back on the road. not a Toyota but it is nice anyway.and nice mods so far.

my car is still sitting in the garage gathering dust.

thanks i'm getting a e90 shark fin antenna for it to look more "bmw". the 1 series has great modding potential. something like 70% of the parts are from the e90 3 series so the m3 suspension parts are interchangable. way too expensive for me though :(

why aren't you driving the corolla? keep the mods coming :)

post-8229-128309123944_thumb.jpg

Edited by chicken

I have been driving another car a Nissan micra and the rolla is like a weekend car. I do not like leaving it in car parks etc. after the damage that was done to it last time. Still need to install the shocks and recently installed a special battery charge to stop the battery draining and just need to fix the rear lip and muffler.

That must have been some hail storm Looked as though no panel was left undamaged.

the BMW looks awesome it would be a pleasure to drive.

The $4500 is that what the insurance got for it

i remember your car got vandalised twice so good idea in keeping it as a weekend car :)

all the metal panels were damaged even the rear license plate lol

yeah the insurance got 4500. i got paid out the agreed value.

• 1 month later...

as requested some recent photos of the babybmw.

http://i56.tinypic.com/qssig3.jpg

eaocx4.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/3448lki.jpg

dfg55u.jpg

Its been neglected up to yesterday when I retrofitted footwell lighting. A smart guy in the bmw forums found that the footwell module has footwell lighting function so its simply adding the lamps and one contact pin in the module.

http://i51.tinypic.com/28bh91g.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/5v27uc.jpg

16bd3jn.jpg

change the bulbs to "white" leds

vx25wh.jpg

Edited by chicken

Yeah, '98 318iS "Euro spec". Pretty much a 4cyl M3. Rare round these parts. Just had the interior re upholstered last week. Happy with the results. New seat re-trims, door skins and center arm rest. I was actually looking at the 1 series before i purchased the ZRE, just love beemers and rear wheel drives, and the "ones" can look pretty fat as you know. I should have looked harder at the second hand market, but prices were still a little too high.

I would post a pic of my euro but dont wanna jack your thread. Check my photobucket account if you likey, some pics there.

Those tails are kickass, like the 5 series tails. They from europe or the US?

Yeah, '98 318iS "Euro spec". Pretty much a 4cyl M3. Rare round these parts. Just had the interior re upholstered last week. Happy with the results. New seat re-trims, door skins and center arm rest. I was actually looking at the 1 series before i purchased the ZRE, just love beemers and rear wheel drives, and the "ones" can look pretty fat as you know. I should have looked harder at the second hand market, but prices were still a little too high.

I would post a pic of my euro but dont wanna jack your thread. Check my photobucket account if you likey, some pics there.

Those tails are kickass, like the 5 series tails. They from europe or the US?

very nice! i have a workmate with a e36 looking for the same m3 bodykit. a ride in the e36 and in my e87 i feel that bmw cheapened the materials for the interior in the e87... yeah the one series is overpriced brand new i think, so didnt consider one until i saw this one at a bargain price :yahoo:. the lights are from europe (the US didnt get the hatch only coupe/vert) these lights are actually standard for cars with xenon lights but was easy to convert.

Edited by chicken

• 2 months later...

found my old corolla in carsales all fixed up! :lol:

at 75k kms it must have been repaired and not driven much since the storm

i left the trd sportivo springs and sportivo wheels and looks like its still there.

not liking the sportivo badges but at least its listed correctly as an ascent

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=9642012&YearFromShort=1649&__Qpb=true&Cr=13&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&YearToShort=1681&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294962861%204294962707%20904%20%201649%201681&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&__No=15&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=97&__sid=129FD5302BBE

Edited by chicken

Mmm... I like the CELIS LED tail lights. B)

Will let my friend know about this (He's considering a Yaris for 10 grand, but for $500 more, and being a larger car, sounds like your Corolla would be a better deal.). Hope Stirling isn't too far lol.

EDIT: Brain fart lol. Saw $14.5k as 10.5 (Was half asleep.). Still, I'll get him to have a look at it (Not too high KMs, one size up.). :)

Edited by ToyotaFreak

Wow so it is your car. I looked at it and thought the person was a bit silly coz if you search for a sportivo you get that it on the list too. In other words its in direct competition with my car LOL.

Haha i saw that awhile ago, but thought your car was a writeoff and from seeing your haildamage photos from ages ago i thought it would be hard to repair. So i thought it couldn't be yours. It does look brand new now though haha.

In the comments it says "Sportivo" hahaha.

Now you can buy it back Eecheng. LOL.

Any plans for the beemer for later? :lol:

Haha i saw that awhile ago, but thought your car was a writeoff and from seeing your haildamage photos from ages ago i thought it would be hard to repair. So i thought it couldn't be yours. It does look brand new now though haha.

In the comments it says "Sportivo" hahaha.

Now you can buy it back Eecheng. LOL.

Any plans for the beemer for later? :lol:

yeah the leather wrapped steering wheel gave it away that it was mine. also a guy from toyota contacted me enquiring about the jdm runx taillights that i left on the car.

nothing done to the beemer since the taillight swap. just trying to lower the fuel consumption by cleaning the airfilter. i got it down to 8.6L/100km from 10L/100km. future plans is to retrofit puddle lights and maybe m3 control arms and sway bar

• 3 weeks later...

Umm if you read through this...

They are custom made by himself.

I actually own one of the sets and I am looking at selling them

Look here

• 5 months later...

bought this on ebay for the bimmer:

24mu6q9.jpg

its an obdII usb cable for diagnostics/coding/programming. i'm using it for coding to finish the last step in the official led taillight retrofit and unlock some hidden features. will take my time on this so not to brick the car.

coding success. that was alot easier than i thought... so i added/enabled:

automatic lock doors when driving

realtime digital (v) speedo display

nz7nd.jpg

led taillight retrofit codes

before:

2z3ypvk.jpg

after:

30u7dvm.jpg

highbeam dimmed DRLs

2rc99ur.jpg

Edited by chicken

• 2 weeks later...

woot i got the oem bluetooth activated by coding. the car was prewired so just add the module, bt antenna, microphone and phone charger in armrest, reroute a fibreoptic cable, then code.

2nkl8wi.jpg

Edited by chicken