Interior Light Wire

ooy33h

Hi guys,

I tried to search but in summary, im trying to locate the Interior Light Wire that is underneath the glovebox.

The car is a 05 corolla sportivo.

Any help would be great :)

Cheers

ooy33h

in the 1zz the wire plugs on top of the fuse box above the glovebox (facing the passenger airbag). you can see it by removing the passenger side air vent. i couldn't reach it from there so i just accessed the wires from the passenger A pillar.

if you just want the door switch wire just follow the illuminated door sill install from the group buy section.

in the 1zz the wire plugs on top of the fuse box above the glovebox (facing the passenger airbag). you can see it by removing the passenger side air vent. i couldn't reach it from there so i just accessed the wires from the passenger A pillar.

if you just want the door switch wire just follow the illuminated door sill install from the group buy section.

Thanks chicken :) great idea...would you know exactly the colour coded wire i should look out for on the sportivo?

Cheers

Thanks chicken :) great idea...would you know exactly the colour coded wire i should look out for on the sportivo?

Cheers

OK guys i need some help now...

I tried to tap into the interior light from the passenger "A" pillar as suggested.

As I striped abit of the plastic from the wire, i notice that the interior light no longer recognizes if the door is open or close (usually when the door is open the light turns on vice versa)

If i flick the switch on the interior light to "ON" the light goes on, but when its set to "DOOR", it doesnt do anything (its just off constantly)...

Any help would be great...

Cheers

I have been playing about with this issue of wiring for the interior light as I have installed some strip lights under the

bottom lip of the plastic that makes up the dash which I would like to turn on in the same manner as the dome light.

I found on my 2002 Corolla station wagon a plug on the wiring loom that houses the door switches connection, see photo below.

It was behind the door kick cover on the drivers side and was tied onto the outside of the loom that runs

upwards from the floor level up behind the dash. The door switch connections go through this but the dome does not it seems.

Connections made using s piece copper wire flattened to fit into the connector, soldered to the wires going to the LED's.

I have not as yet found the dome light connection and have looked in both door pillars and around the door kick panels.

I do have the wiring diagram for the 2004 Corolla (pinned in the Corolla section) but it is not correct for my model.

The wiring diagram says the dome light wire goes to a connector as described in another post behind the panel above the glove box but I cannot yet get access

to it to work out with my meter which connector I should or can connect to as yet.

It may well be a problem if you provide too much load to this contact for the dome light as I am pretty sure this is driven from the Integration relay which

most likely has a finite limit to what can be driven.

Have not found the door sill wiring installation as yet but will keep searching.

Obviously more info on this is needed.

soundbyte.

post-16070-127063621023_thumb.jpg

i don't have my car anymore but attached is the wiring diagram i followed.

blue+white strip is power

white+black strip is ON ground

red+white strip is door switch

ooy33h sounds like you cut the door switch wire?

25gwe1d.jpg

Thanks guys for the info.... it was very handy....

With the info you gave me, I ended up fixing the door sensor wire which now recognises when the door opens and closes (interior light goes on/off)...

But now the only thing that has got me stuck is that now when I lock/unlock the car (using the remote on the key), the interior light doesnt go on anymore....

Any other helpful tips? :)

cheers

With the info you gave me, I ended up fixing the door sensor wire which now recognises when the door opens and closes (interior light goes on/off)...

But now the only thing that has got me stuck is that now when I lock/unlock the car (using the remote on the key), the interior light doesnt go on anymore....

cheers

the interior light goes on with the remote button? it must be an ecu thing or you got an aftermarket alarm?

Edited by chicken

cheers

the interior light goes on with the remote button? it must be an ecu thing or you got an aftermarket alarm?

Hi Chicken :)

The corolla sportivo comes factory like that. When you unlock the car, the interior light goes on...and then when you lock the car, after a few seconds, the interior light fades out... Similar to how "Dutchie101" has his interior lights setup...

• 2 months later...

cheers

I would hazard a guess that in using the incorrect wire you might have damaged a part of the integration relay that deals with the light delay functionality.