Hilux 2005 - removal of radio to replace with Sat Nav

Hello everybody, new to the forum and 1st time Hliux Owner. I have a 2005 (new Shape) Hilux Dual Cab and wonder if anybosy can give me some advice on how to remove the factory fitted radio system? I have ordered a Sat Nav system but can not find a workshop manual or any advice on how to remove the old unit without wrecking the dash. Any help sure would be appreciated. Many thanks for your time and assistance.

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody, got the advice I needed and actually it was quite easy to do once I knew, and it only took minutes... Well new SAT Nav, radio, phone, DVD, rear view camera, IPod etc etc entertainment system fitted with touch screen and remote and installed by me the novice and it only took 3 hours all up, works excellently and the whole lot only cost me $750. well happy. Next mission to fit rear headrest DVD screens once I can find some to buy.... the fittings already come with the system so will be an easy plug and play.

Edited by digicarl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody, got the advice I needed and actually it was quite easy to do once I knew, and it only took minutes... Well new SAT Nav, radio, phone, DVD, rear view camera, IPod etc etc entertainment system fitted with touch screen and remote and installed by me the novice and it only took 3 hours all up, works excellently and the whole lot only cost me $750. well happy. Next mission to fit rear headrest DVD screens once I can find some to buy.... the fittings already come with the system so will be an easy plug and play.

How did you remove the radio from the dash? I have the same vehicle and need to do the same as what you have just done

How did you remove the radio from the dash? I have the same vehicle and need to do the same as what you have just done

Hi Mate, 1st, pull off the three heater control knobs, under the middle is a screw, remove, then gently pull the plastic trim away from the dash at the bottom, at the top use a plastic lever to get between the edge of the trim and work your way around popping the clips out. Note the heater vents come out with the trim.

Once the trim is off, unclip the two heater wires. to get to radio, 10mmm socket undo the 4 bolts 2 each side of the radio and gently pull the whole unit out, disconnect wires etc and your done.....good luck.