aurion ecu?

All I can say is good luck with that. No one has put in the time to even bother doing such a thing being the car that it is.

Apparently, Toyota do modify them for the cop cars, but that's about as far as that goes.

All I can say is good luck with that. No one has put in the time to even bother doing such a thing being the car that it is.

Apparently, Toyota do modify them for the cop cars, but that's about as far as that goes.

the modifications aren't for any performance gain, but for other reasons that involve the security system

the modifications aren't for any performance gain, but for other reasons that involve the security system

Thanks for clearing that up. Have a mate that was going to try and look further into it since if it's anything like the old Commodores etc (I personally don't know if they still do it now), then there would be some extra power to be had.

At least now he won't be chasing something that doesn't exist.

has any one mod the aurion's ecu yet?

how is that?

thinking going to do that, need some advises from you guys~

thank you

Search is your friend!

A little bit off-topic, but the last time I used that search button, it fukin ****** me off. It listed every single thread with the word 'Aurion' in it, LOL. Now it works just as normal.. Well things always get improved.. B)

Where did you get that information? A friend of a friend fits them and has said they do also give a power and performance gain.

Edited by legend_of_lazz

{quote]the modifications aren't for any performance gain, but for other reasons that involve the security system

Where did you get that information? A friend of a friend fits them and has said they do also give a power and performance gain.

From the local depot, as well as personal experience

has any one mod the aurion's ecu yet?

how is that?

thinking going to do that, need some advises from you guys~

thank you

Search is your friend!

A little bit off-topic, but the last time I used that search button, it fukin ****** me off. It listed every single thread with the word 'Aurion' in it, LOL. Now it works just as normal.. Well things always get improved.. B)

When I hit the search buttom on the top next to members, it uses google search and it searches for keywords in topics and in threads.

How do I make it so it searches just topics or INSIDE threads?

(sorry for asking here, couldn't be stuffed starting a new thread)

When I hit the search buttom on the top next to members, it uses google search and it searches for keywords in topics and in threads.

I don't think it can be changed. But then I could be wrong. I should do some more reading on how this forum works.

I just like before how it would only list one entry per thread last time you searched. Now it lists every post in a thread that has the word/s you are looking for. Just so much clutter. I think that's what you're referring to as well right?

I don't think it can be changed. But then I could be wrong. I should do some more reading on how this forum works.

I just like before how it would only list one entry per thread last time you searched. Now it lists every post in a thread that has the word/s you are looking for. Just so much clutter. I think that's what you're referring to as well right?

Exactly right, in the old layout. You had a choice to use the google search option or the forums on "advanced" search option where you could members, posts, thread titles etc.

I've been looking into the ECU tuning since i bought the TRD.

Having previously owned Holden V8's with the LSx series engines, the tuning on these is readily available.

I know a lot of tuners in the game and as yet, no one has been able to open the ECU. You can connect via ODBC to get some info, but as for changes, at this stage its a Toyota only thing... Hopefully soon, someone will crack it.....

A Vipec V88 supports the trigger/vvt/dbw setup of the 2grfe. about $2400ish for the ECU and then you either need to make a plug-in adapter for it or a custom loom or piggyback it on the stock ecu. Piggyback installation is the only real option to have everything else in the aurion still work. The stock ECU remains in place to handle the CAN comms etc and the vipec controls the fueling, ignition, throttle and VVTi.

Somewhere like Bayside Performance Services in QLD are pretty good with tuning N/A VVTi engines.

I'm waiting for a cheap 2gr to pop up so I can put it in something else with a manual box and vipec.

Edited by CHA54

you can if you want most of the other stuff in the car to stop functioning. I dont believe Haltech has mapped out the 2gr vvt triggers and developed a control algorithm for it yet either. Took them a long time to get the basic vvti 2J sorted on Grant's soarer.

• 1 month later...

There may be a couple of things you guys can do to your ECUs.

If you are interested in adding or taking away fuel a specific RPMs, you can purchase an Apexi SAFC NEO. Not sure why you would want to do this unless you are getting significantly more air into your engine than stock.

I have been inquiring about the stock Lotus Evora ECUs from various sources. The reason why I have is that Lotus was able to get out slightly more hp/torque in the Evora than the 'normal' (Camry, Aurion, etc) ecus. What I have been told the reasoning behind this is that Lotus tweaked two things with the Toyota ECU: Raised the Rev limiter slightly to about 7000rpm and advanced the ignition timing slightly. Those of use that use regular gasoline (or petrol) can emulate the raised ignition timing by simply switching to a higher octane fuel so I have been told. I tested the switching from regular petrol to higher octane to see if any hp/torque could be gained but it did not show on a dyno. So, I'm thinking the ECU map was tweaked or made more aggressive. As for the raised rev limiter, it appears the car is still making power before it shifts around 6400rpm or so. So utilizing a Lotus tuned ECU map may able to get some additional power out of your engine (N/A that is) by bumping up rpm band by 500rpm. The Lotus Evora has a button to put it in 'Sport Mode' which allows the car rev a little higher. Trying to see how this works and if it is something we could use.

Problem is, I was told that the Lotus mapped ECU's have a different pinout than the Camrys (Assuming the Aurion is similar to the Camry) have so it is not a simple bolt-on deal. Also, the ECU change is made by Lotus themselves. You can purchase the ECU but it comes 'uncalibrated'. This would have to be done overseas.

So for now, have been waiting to see if one of the Lotus aftermarket tuners that will be tweaking the Evora ECU can possibly tweak our (Other 2GR-FE engine users with like ECUs) ECUs. Will see!

Hi Chris,

We have fitted and tuned a MoTec M800 ecu to a 2005 Hilux which has a similar

configuration as far as ECU is concerned. We actually made it full standalone

with a DBW control, variable cam control, the price was roughly $6000 supply fit and

tune.

What do you have done to your Aurion?

If this is what you are after let me know.

This is an email i got after chasing ECU's this mob is in sydney. i have contact details if anyone is interested :) The ecu alone is about $3500

• 1 year later...

I've been looking into the ECU tuning since i bought the TRD.

Having previously owned Holden V8's with the LSx series engines, the tuning on these is readily available.

I know a lot of tuners in the game and as yet, no one has been able to open the ECU. You can connect via ODBC to get some info, but as for changes, at this stage its a Toyota only thing... Hopefully soon, someone will crack it.....

Any further progess on this one? Interested also

I have replied already to the same thread in

basically, unless u are tracking, dun waste money

Yep. Better off paying for some angled steel instead

I had other plans, not really NA tuning as such, wanting to control fuel and IGN for a low boost setup <6psi

I have replied already to the same thread in

http://au.toyotaowne...__1#entry475256

basically, unless u are tracking, dun waste money

Yep. Better off paying for some angled steel instead

I had other plans, not really NA tuning as such, wanting to control fuel and IGN for a low boost setup <6psi

http://adaptronic.co...cts/e1280s.html