Solved - Bluetooth enabled phone won't connect to my Yaris

Robbo67

Hi,

I have a current model Yaris with bluetooth connectivity in the stereo. I have just replaced my old Nokia 6500C which connected with Bluetooth no problem. My new phone, a new Nokia 2330 phone has bluetooth but for some reason it won't connect, no matter what I try. Don't know if it's just me, something wrong with the phone or something wrong with the Toyota unit? Is it possible that this phone is not even compatible even though it has bluetooth? I downloaded the specs from the Nokia website and the 2330 phone has Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR and the Bluetooth profiles are BIP, DUN, FTP, GAP, GAVDP, GOEP, HFP, HSP, OPP, SAP, SDAP (whatever all that means!).

Thanks in advance, just hoping there is someone who has come across this before or anyone a bit techy who can point me in the right direction :)

Cheers

Rob

Edited by Robbo67

Hi,

I have a current model Yaris with bluetooth connectivity in the stereo. I have just replaced my old Nokia 6500C which connected with Bluetooth no problem. My new phone, a new Nokia 2330 phone has bluetooth but for some reason it won't connect, no matter what I try. Don't know if it's just me, something wrong with the phone or something wrong with the Toyota unit? Is it possible that this phone is not even compatible even though it has bluetooth? I downloaded the specs from the Nokia website and the 2330 phone has Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR and the Bluetooth profiles are BIP, DUN, FTP, GAP, GAVDP, GOEP, HFP, HSP, OPP, SAP, SDAP (whatever all that means!).

Thanks in advance, just hoping there is someone who has come across this before or anyone a bit techy who can point me in the right direction :)

Cheers

Rob

OK, I just figured out how to get it working! There is no problem with the phone nor the Toyota bluetooth stereo.

In most cases when you are pairing the phone to the Toyota unit you select the option "Phone" in the Toyota stereo setup. In my case with the Nokia 2330 this didn't work. Then by sheer fluke/luck I noticed there was the option "Phone/Audio" in the Toyota stereo setup as well. I chose this to see how it would go and Voila it worked!!! Yay for me! Hope this helps anyone else who comes across bluetooth connectivity issues with their phones.

Thanks anyway guys :)

Edited by Robbo67

• 1 month later...

Hey Robbo - you are an absolute legend - that is the exact 'fix' - I had a similar problem with just purchased Corolla Ascent and trying to pair a Nokia 6720 -it was driving me crazy - other phones worked fine LG, Sony, even my Nokia E51 - but the wifes 6720 would not play - and being her car the WAF was running low - great timing as I was ready to ring Toyota prepared for them to say it's a problem with phone.

Cheers mate - many thanks.

Hey Robbo - you are an absolute legend - that is the exact 'fix' - I had a similar problem with just purchased Corolla Ascent and trying to pair a Nokia 6720 -it was driving me crazy - other phones worked fine LG, Sony, even my Nokia E51 - but the wifes 6720 would not play - and being her car the WAF was running low - great timing as I was ready to ring Toyota prepared for them to say it's a problem with phone.

Cheers mate - many thanks.

Debo, no worries mate, glad my fix worked for you :) All the best.