TRD Aurion modification

TRD3500S

Hi to you all,

I am a newbie, please be gentle.......:-) I have a TRD Aurion S. Build 138. I am keen to know if anyone out there has been modifying this car ? So far I have an Exede computer and some extensive exhaust work done. Good for 207 kw atw thanks to the Horsepower factory in Dandenong and P1 Auto in Hallam. I have been to Calder and have a best time of 13.52. I am keen to know if anyone has done anything else to this car as there are not many people out there who are willing to have a go......

I must say this car is an absolute weapon that destroys new SS Commodores and keeps up with HSV's all while doing 9.5 Litres per 100. Incredible stuff. I have been to Calder with two mates, one had a brand new WRX STI and the other had a Statesman with 300 kw at the engine. STI pulled a 14.1 ( ha ha he can't change gear ) and the Statesman a 13.9.

Attached are some photos of some of the exhaust work I have had done. May car sounds very different to a Std TRD Aurion now, much throatier note. It really helped open up the exhaust.

Hope to hear from you !

Regards

Wayne Jordan

post-19569-127704505593_thumb.jpg

post-19569-127704515504_thumb.jpg

post-19569-12770452828_thumb.jpg

Edited by TRD3500S

welcome mate...

i believe you're the first person to do anything more than the basic's on a trd aurion...

would love to know more about the exede setup and also the exhaust system...

future mods i'd suggest for you would be these: (in no particular order)

coilovers

rear sway bar

front strut brace

proper cold air induction setup

apart from that, its all a lot more expensive after that... :)

welcome mate...

i believe you're the first person to do anything more than the basic's on a trd aurion...

would love to know more about the exede setup and also the exhaust system...

future mods i'd suggest for you would be these: (in no particular order)

coilovers

rear sway bar

front strut brace

proper cold air induction setup

apart from that, its all a lot more expensive after that... :)

Yes welcome to the forum! Look forward to your contributions and future mods on the TRD! Also if you can point people in the direction of a performance chips/computer like the exede you'll become pretty popular hell fast lol! :toast:

Welcome Wayne...

Good to see you getting into your car...

The Xede is a good thing.

Intake, Boost, Exhaust and the ECU to support it all is the basic recipe for the TRD gear.

See you around!

welcome to the group. Im impressed with the merge mod, much better than mine (anyone got a second hand manifold to cat ?) kept the equal length, I wish I had done so too. enjoy the club.

Welcome mate. Would definitely be interested to hear about the mods in further detail. In your opinion, do you think the exhaust alone would make a good difference without the additional ECU?

And stupid me... when I read 'Exede', don't ask why but I thought you got a Lotus ECU. I somehow managed to thing 'Exige', which is completely irrelevant because it is the Evora that uses the 2GR.

Welcome mate. Would definitely be interested to hear about the mods in further detail. In your opinion, do you think the exhaust alone would make a good difference without the additional ECU?

And stupid me... when I read 'Exede', don't ask why but I thought you got a Lotus ECU. I somehow managed to thing 'Exige', which is completely irrelevant because it is the Evora that uses the 2GR.

I definatley wanted the computer as they have the TRD running way too rich after that engine failure ( I assume). One the dybo run before the computer they told me it was running real rich. Will talk soon in detail of my "adventures" modifying this car..................

oh yeah... they run REAAALLLL rich... the boys at the dyno day a while back can attest to that... :lol:

my car left black marks under the exhaust tips (i have tips that point to the ground) on the ground when it hit the limiter... :lol: