TRD style front on zr6

whitezr6

Hi all stock aurion and TRD owners

I would like some feedback on regards to putting the trd front on my stock zr6

would this be a good cosmetic mod or will i get flamed on for trying to make my car look like a TRD

I have only seen 1 white trd aurion in perth and it looked awesome and generally i like the TRD front

I'm hoping if i get some positive feedback i will purchase the front kit from carmate and get my zr6 to look like those attached

lastly is the carmate version an exact copy of the real one?

thanks in advance

post-18190-127711265154_thumb.jpg

ahhhhhh yeah you'll get cained for it lol, the TRD boys are pretty touchy when it comes to the body kit WHICH is FAIR ENOUGH they have shelled out the extra dough on what is a special limited addition so to have every second Sportivo out there with your body kit really wouldn’t be far and would sh!t you off something shocking. plus if it wasn’t done properly and ended up looking like a half ****d job - think all the crappy commodores out there with fake HSV kits on them then you'd ruin your car and make the TRD car look cheap and who wants that? BUT in saying that though the bumpers from RStyle and Carmate do actually differ somewhat from the OE kit so I’m sure if you was to stay away from the genuine product and went for these slightly different aftermarket kits you would be fine and the TRD owner’s wouldn’t mind??? Just remember though these aftermarket kits are fibreglass. Just my thoughts on it though. :D

two things

1) I recently bought a fiberglass front grill for my ZR6 from carmate - it required considerable work and reglassing to order to strengthen it (cracked due to too think fiberglass), reshaping to fit, and endless hours smoothing it to get rid of all the pock marks and deeps. I'm not saying anything about the quality of their fiberglass kits, I'm just simply sharing my experience.

2) Although I don't have a TRD, I would prefer only TRD Aurions run around with that style front bar. The ZR6 is not a TRD - I liken it to people putting HSV bodykits on their standard V6 Commodores. There are plenty of body customising options for the Aurions around without needing to copy the TRD.

I recommend looking around for one of the lip kits made for the Aurion. There are a variety of them out there and it's a very neat way to customise your car and making it unique to boot. Good luck!

1) I used to care about the thought of someone turning their non-TRD into a TRD styled Aurion. Right about now, if you were to ask me, I'd say I couldn't care less anymore. I don't know what's gotten into me.

Anyways, your car, your money, your choice. I guess at the end of the day, those that know the car will tell if you have a fake, and those that don't know soon will when you get the usual question of "is that the TRD?". It's like a chick with a padded bra. People may think she's packing something underneath, but at the end of the day, it's all a lie.

2) Don't go for the Carmate replica kit. It looks too cheap and tacky in my opinion. Without seeing it in person, I would imagine the R-Style Racing kit would be a closer replica. I have a feeling the R-Style Racing ones would look similar to this:

Aurion from Taiwan, look out for the taxi symbol :P

l_312afc81d55c469fa5de0f671000fa51.jpg

l_4439edab248243bf9eaf6439285ef2ab.jpg

l_e211ced3d30c4ecbac4b1ad1f1bfe72f.jpg

Otherwise, if you have the money to burn, then just buy Genuine. Your choice.

1) I used to care about the thought of someone turning their non-TRD into a TRD styled Aurion. Right about now, if you were to ask me, I'd say I couldn't care less anymore. I don't know what's gotten into me.

Anyways, your car, your money, your choice. I guess at the end of the day, those that know the car will tell if you have a fake, and those that don't know soon will when you get the usual question of "is that the TRD?".

2) Don't go for the Carmate replica kit. It looks too cheap and tacky in my opinion. Without seeing it in person, I would imagine the R-Style Racing kit would be a closer replica. I have a feeling the R-Style Racing ones would look similar to this:

Aurion from Taiwan, look out for the taxi symbol

l_312afc81d55c469fa5de0f671000fa51.jpg

l_4439edab248243bf9eaf6439285ef2ab.jpg

l_e211ced3d30c4ecbac4b1ad1f1bfe72f.jpg

everybody say it now ! WOAHHH Dj have you hit your head lol? thats a bigger backflip than a polly haha but i guess at the end of the day your right it is your car and your money to what you like but it'd suck to see a tonne of these kits on the road though espcially if they hadnt been pulled off properly lol. We could get away with it here in Tas becuase there is pretty much no TRD's only 2 in the whole north so we dont run into them everyday so the look would remain unique but for some places on the mainland having heaps would ruin the look and rareness of the car or something lol :)

paradigm? the race is on :P JOKES

would the attached, MS paint modded body kit offend a TRD owner?

I guess the best way to put this is that you shouldn't really care about what others think. It's your car and you should do what makes you feel happy.

There are always going to be others that don't like what you do or will be offended. I say 'screw em', because since when is it a requirement to satisfy everyone.

Just a random question coming out of left field, but these aftermarket kits dont seem to have the tow hook insert cover lol?

Just a random question coming out of left field, but these aftermarket kits dont seem to have the tow hook insert cover lol?

Good point. I guess you just have to hope that you will never need it.

In my opinion you shouldn't try and replicate the TRD body. Not because you will offend someone else but because you'll look like a *****. While putting Chevy badges on a Holden isn't as extreme it is definitely in the same ***** category.

Do something unique that is respectable, like VF-X.

IMHO i think styling your car similar to VF-X's sportivo would look hot in white...

If you wanna see how it turns out in a bright colour, search for DRE's car.. Apparently, both of us have very similar bodykit...

If you wanna MOD your car to the TRD front look, it'll be HOT. But again, you have to come up with new ideas on how to differentiate it to the actual TRD, or people here and on the street will ***** on you. :lol: I thought of this before, and was planning to colour the 'carbon fibre' part to black. If you're going on white, paint the fibre to black and I reckon that'll look sickkk....

But...it's hard, almost impossible to find a grill that suits the TRD apart from the original TRD since that fits the best. + you have to come up with something for the rear too... The look won't be balanced with rear sportivo and front TRD. + the wheels as well.

Dpending on your budget, those things above are the considerations for an overall good.

i'd call dibs on buying your sportivo front bar if you ever choose to go down this route :P

IMHO i think styling your car similar to VF-X's sportivo would look hot in white...

lol if you dont mind a few underside scratches

oh i hate those vertical kerbs

We could get away with it here in Tas becuase there is pretty much no TRD's only 2 in the whole north so we dont run into them everyday so the look would remain unique but for some places on the mainland having heaps would ruin the look and rareness of the car or something lol :)

paradigm? the race is on :P JOKES

Haha, not on your life :P

Actually, you should do it. I reckon the TRD style would look awesome in Carribean Blue!

Bah! Reciprocating saw FTW!

Paradigm

Adamsy, on 21 June 2010 - 09:45 PM, said:

We could get away with it here in Tas becuase there is pretty much no TRD's only 2 in the whole north so we dont run into them everyday so the look would remain unique but for some places on the mainland having heaps would ruin the look and rareness of the car or something lol

paradigm? the race is on JOKES

Haha, not on your life

Actually, you should do it. I reckon the TRD style would look awesome in Carribean Blue!

Adamsy, :

Bah! Reciprocating saw FTW!

2007 Aurion Sportivo ZR6 | Diamond White | 35% Tint | Slimline Weathershields | Eyelids | 6000k HID Low Beams & Fogs | White LED Park Lights | Interior LED Replacements | Pioneer DEH-4150SD Head Unit w/ PAC SWI-PS | Pioneer TS-G1040R Fronts & TS-A1681S Rears | Pioneer GM-D7400M Class D Mono Amp | Pioneer TS-W306C 12" Sub | Custom Boot Floor | Carbon Fibre Style Interior

Mods Pending: Colour Coded Side Mirrors | Touchscreen in Dash | Carputer w/ Live Diagnostics, GPS, and modified TPMS | Custom Fiberglass Boot Layout | 2nd Matching Sub & Amp | 19" Lenso Euro 6 or Enkei GTC01 Rims | Coilovers

Aurion ICE Project

Stage 1 - Completion [====================] 100%

Stage 2 - Completion [==] 10%

Stage 3 - Completion [=] 5%

Haha shh don’t tempt me mate lol nahh fibre glass doesn’t do much for me and well not having the tow hook cover really has turned me off but yes I’d love the TRD front on my car but it’s just too damm expensive! Photoshop anyone lol?? I'm having bad enough trouble convincing myself i don’t need HID's in at least the fogies lol Don’t want to be stealing your thunder though mate!

An in-between just doesn't seem to work. It looks like that one popped out of the oven a little too early. It's either you go all out or not at all I reckon.

i'd call dibs on buying your sportivo front bar if you ever choose to go down this route :P

lol if you dont mind a few underside scratches

oh i hate those vertical kerbs

hehe i dont mind, as long as they can be repaired :P

i assume your looking for the "sporty" look instead of the "VIP" themed look?

The Sportivo looks pretty sporty without the need for a different bumper :lol:

QR.jpg

The Sportivo looks pretty sporty without the need for a different bumper :lol:

QR.jpg

indeed! had been toying on my mind for ages now whether to take the plunge and drop my coin on a OEM spotivo kit (minus the spoiler) LOL love that front bar!!

anyway sorry for the hijack :huh:

Don't do it Davo. If you have the coin do something unique.

i know, its a real ummm and ahhh point for me... have been in contact with r style to try and get a simple lip kit but im not confident with the responses im getting back... wonder if toyota malaysia sell their kits... bring on the rellos!! :P

only reasons im thinking of the spotivo kit is

1. easily available locally

2. OEM fitment...

but yeah i totally agree with you jeff, need to get something a bit different... ultimately i want that simple factory lip kit that you can get overseas... problem is landing it here :(

and as for car mate... <_<