MWR 2GR-FE parts

That Aurion is a bucket...... Yea well maybe i should get some ppl to invest and ill redyno it now see what it gets as the zorst is all bedded in, them ill go get it redone in 3" and see the gain??? as for error code i get none as i but a lil moduel thingy in to by pass it. but i am realy keen to get an ecu but in it and see if it frees power up.? and it would fix all error codes :)

i have just fitted a standard 2GR V6 to a MR2 at my work. I have used the US made headers, and whislt OK, they are far from perfect. They remove the cats which is illegal here and will prevent a car getting a mod plate in any Aust state. They will not suit the Aurion without changes

The Aurion uses 4 oxy sensors, 2 of which are special wide band units. we have refitted them in our project car as we have made up new cats.

We have a few other modified engines under development including a Motec ECU for them. We have our own dyno, so can post up charts in due course.

without wanting to convert this into a commerical advert, anyone wanting Aurion headers should PM me and I'll see if I get enough interest to warrant tooling up for them.

Champ, you can do it in and Aurion as I have an Aurion and put a whole system in headers and all with only a hi flow cat and rear mufflers, still have the 4x o2 sencers in and no errors!!! As far as ecu goes I know 2 shops that will do it for me. The only stuff around part to make was the y pipe, the only down side to the USA headers where they didn't have a mount for the u2 sencer but other then that no probs!!

i have just fitted a standard 2GR V6 to a MR2 at my work. I have used the US made headers, and whislt OK, they are far from perfect. They remove the cats which is illegal here and will prevent a car getting a mod plate in any Aust state. They will not suit the Aurion without changes

The Aurion uses 4 oxy sensors, 2 of which are special wide band units. we have refitted them in our project car as we have made up new cats.

We have a few other modified engines under development including a Motec ECU for them. We have our own dyno, so can post up charts in due course.

without wanting to convert this into a commerical advert, anyone wanting Aurion headers should PM me and I'll see if I get enough interest to warrant tooling up for them.

Champ, you can do it in and Aurion as I have an Aurion and put a whole system in headers and all with only a hi flow cat and rear mufflers, still have the 4x o2 sencers in and no errors!!! As far as ecu goes I know 2 shops that will do it for me. The only stuff around part to make was the y pipe, the only down side to the USA headers where they didn't have a mount for the u2 sencer but other then that no probs!!

Terryo's complaint about the headers is the sealing surface isn't as flat as it should be. he seemed to be asking for a partial refund and was not interested in an exchange or a refund.

It's possible that the set that went to him was worse than the others but I can't know since I haven't been able to get the peices back.

what I do know is that I haven't had any issues with exhaust leaks. I provide these headers with stock toyota gaskets to ensure that there aren't any leaks. the collector flange is an embossed copper unit which should be quite resistant to leaks also.

As for the issue with the O2 sensor bungs. the original prototypes I made had them in there but the dyno showed that there was a cylinder imbalance and a slight loss of power. I decided against making the headers longer or making the individual runners shorter which meant the only answer was to place the bung after the collector. i realize this causes a bit of additional work for the installer.

I had to lenthin 2 of my o2 wires as they didn't reach we worried about making them to long and throughing the ecu out but all was good in the hood :) be thank full you got gaskets I didn't end up with any :P butt all good, as far as leaking goes I havnt really checked but I should, even more so that they have been on now for a good few months and warn in :) no complaints so far so good :)

I had to lenthin 2 of my o2 wires as they didn't reach we worried about making them to long and throughing the ecu out but all was good in the hood :) be thank full you got gaskets I didn't end up with any :P butt all good, as far as leaking goes I havnt really checked but I should, even more so that they have been on now for a good few months and warn in :) no complaints so far so good :)

the gaskets thing does concern me a bit. did you purchase it through me directly or through MWR? they should have been included.

• 3 years later...

Dear all ,

My name is Mow and im new to this toyota chat room , im from UAE united arabe Emirates. i have toyota aurion 2009, im looking for headers And exhoust system pls,and dose anybody know where to get them pls .. thanks Guys cheers..

• 5 months later...

Sorry to dig up a old thread, do you know a "China" based hilux has been tuned up to 246kw... Maybe we could do a ecu swap?. I done a quick search and cannot find internal differences between the 1gr Aus spec vs 1gr China spec... Have not checked 2gr vs 1gr Ecu pinouts nor connector styles ..

The newer 1GR-FE has the same I/O as the 2GR-FE. but i don't know if the chinese one uses the single or dual VVT-I version.

That said, I've been working with AEM to support the 2GR-FE. There are a few things to finish before it goes out for general release, but i have the required information to support it with the AEM Infinity today.

There are three cars running with this right now and the results are interesting:

The stock ECU does get all the power possible from the engine as it is. I was able to get a few extra horses by throwing emissions and fuel economy out the window and setting full throttle A/F ratios to 12.3:1.

I haven't done an E85 tune yet, but i'd expect a bit of additional power there by being able to throw a bit of additional timing at 5500rpm and above. below that the motor is very knock resistant anyways and would not gain from E85.

The motor has no issues at all with 7000RPM all day long. I ran our motor in an endurance race where it ran for 10hrs straight going right up to 7000RPM constantly without issues. This was run on normal pump gas (92 octane using the (R+M)/2 calculation method)

The power dip that starts at ~5900RPM isn't the stock ECU making the redline softer, it's the cams running out. but even with that it's still worth reving out the engine to 7000, it allows the next gear to start at a higher RPM which is nice.

the stock ECU has a little power dip around 4500RPM, for some reason this moved to 5000RPM with my tune, but i haven't figured out how to get rid of it. i think it's some kind of resonance frequency in the exhaust which would explain why it moved between the two cars, the race car has a much more open exhaust.

So the world of boost is now open for the 2GR-FE without needing to go to an expensive Motec or losing the VVT-I functionality.

• 4 weeks later...

Those work on some ecus but not all of them. I haven't heard of anyone using them on the GR family but if you go look on tacoma offroad forums you can probably get some feedback there.

But running a manual behind these motors will produce about 10-30 fault codes depending on which ECU you're using. the secondary O2 code does not cause the engine to go into limp mode so there's no reason to worry about it.