Aurion Wheels / Rims / Tyres / Tires Specification Thread

DJKOR

For a more detailed compilation of tire size specifications, please click to go to the following thread (thanks to u54mot):

Tyres

For all the aftermarket wheel specification compilation, please continue reading on:

--------------------

Okay guys. I'm starting to get a bit fed up of the constant treads started just to ask if 'my wheels are going to scrub' or 'are these wheels too wide' etc. I have started this tread for that following purpose.

I hope to compile a list so that others can see what others have used and with what outcomes. The purpose of this thread is for specification details only. Don't clog it with questions asking on opinions for certain wheels etc.

When posting your wheels, you can include the following:

-------------------------------

Wheel Brand/Design: <not required, but preferable>

Wheel size: <eg. 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 inches etc>

Wheel width: <eg. 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10 inches etc>

Wheel offset: <eg. +45, +35 mm etc>

Tire size: <eg. 215/55R17, 245/35R19 etc>

Suspension type: <eg. Stock AT-X, stock Sportivo, stock AT-X with King springs, coilovers, etc>

Feedback: <eg. Scrubs under high speed cornering, scrubs going straight, requires extra camber to fit, etc>

-------------------------------

So please make your contribution and help out everyone out. I will browse through this forum in the afternoon and see if there is anything useful in any of the noob threads and I'll post it here, otherwise I will clean up those threads to avoid confusion.

As well, while we are here, if you want to see what differences a wheel/tire combination makes compared to stock, these two calculators will be useful:

1010 Tires - Tire Size Calculator

1010 Tires - Wheel Offset Calculator

Sorry to be nitpicking here, but this type of question just keeps on getting asked. I will pin this thread for now so it's more visible, then as it starts picking up, I will move it into the FAQ's.

Here is my setup.

Wheel Brand/Design: Panther vectors

Wheel size: 18"

Wheel width: 7.5"

Wheel offset: +45

Tire size: 225-45-18 Toyo Proxes 4

Suspension type: Stock AT-X plus 19mm rear swaybar and front strut brace

Feedback: no problems at all. Might try 235-45-18 Khumos next time as speed is slightly out with Toyos and the Toyos are bloody loud on the road.

Wheel Brand: Buddy Club P1 Racing

Wheel Size: 19"

Wheel Width: 9"

Wheel Offset: +42

Tyre Size: 245/35/R19 Toyo TIR (slight stretch)

Tyre Pressures: 40psi allround

Suspension Type: Pedders Extreme XA Coilovers/Ultra Racing strut brace & rear sway bar,castor and camber kits

Wheel Brand: Lenso Type M

Wheel Width: 8.5"

Wheel Offset: +45

Tyre Size: 245/40/R19 Bridgestone Pontenza RE050A

Tyre Pressures: 38psi all round

Suspension Type: Stock Suspension / Ultra Racing strut brace & rear sway bar

Feedback: Very happy with the tyres...Scrubs with full load on bumpy road

Edited by Ingres

Wheel Brand/Design: LWT Geneva Equus

Wheel size: 20

Wheel width: 8.5

Wheel offset: +38

Tire size: 245/30 R20 PDW Altenzo's

Suspension type: BC Racing Coilovers 8kg F 4.5kg R, UR strut bar & rsb

Edited by whitezr6

Hi Guys here is my setup.

Wheel Brand/Design: RJR Quest

Wheel width: 8"

Wheel offset: +38

Tire size: 235-40-18 Pirelli Dragon

Suspension type: Stock AT-X

Feedback: No problems at all. Found the Pirelli Dragon to have good grip levels in wet and dry but very noisey

May aswell post up my current and last set of wheels

Wheel Brand/Design: SSW Phantom

Wheel width: 8"

Wheel offset: +35 mm

Tire size: 245/40/18

Suspension type: Stock AT-X,

Feedback: With a full car and a big dip will scrub on the plastic at the back

Wheel Brand/Design: 20" Fox Racing

Wheel size: 20"

Wheel width: 8.5"

Wheel offset: +45 mm

Tire size: 245/35/20

Suspension type: Stock AT-X,

Wheel Brand/Design: Equus Geneva's

Wheel size: 20 inch

Wheel width: 8.5 inch

Wheel offset: +38mm

Tire size: 245/30/20 with whitewalls

Suspension type: king spring lows

Feedback: good wheel, but scrubs on big bums and hard corners

Edited by ELEGNT
  • Like 1

Wheel Brand: Osaka RS5 (Hyper Black with Mirror Lip)

Wheel Width: 8.5"

Wheel Offset: +38

Tyre Size: Kumho KU31 - 245/35/19

Tyre Pressures: 38psi allround

Suspension Type: Pedders Extreme XA Coilovers, Ultra Racing strut brace & rear sway bar (19mm), rear camber kits. (Height - from bottom of rim to guard: 605mm allaround)

Feedback: Scrub on hard corners/big bums, other than that, awesome!!

It'd be a great addition if everyone could post accompanying pics of their new wheels on their Aurions as well.

Would give those of us still undecided a glimpse of how certain wheels/sizes would look like on our Aurions, and how certain wheels go better with certain colours.

Thanks!

Wheel Brand/Design: Wasabi Wheels

Wheel size: 20 Inch

Wheel width: 8.5 front 9.5 Rear

Wheel offset: +45 If I'm not Mistaken

Tire size: 225/35/20 Front & 245/30/20 Rear Kumho KU31

Suspension type: Pedders Sports Springs on Stock ZR

Feedback: Dpends on driving style. Barely have any problems driving it with full passengers. If you love your car, you'll be careful on speed humps and sharp turns, which are the biggest factors in getting scrubs.

post-20658-128530869685_thumb.jpgpost-20658-128530871586_thumb.jpgpost-20658-128530873518_thumb.jpg

Wheel Brand/Design: XHP

Wheel size: 20 inch

Wheel width: 8.5

Wheel offset: <eg. +45, +35 mm etc> Unsure at this stage

Tyre size: Front and Rear indentical 235/35/R20

Tyre Brand : Nankang Ultra Sport (very noisey, Increased cabin noise by about 50%)

Suspension type: Standard SX6 09 Upgrade

Bought Them From Bob Jane Bankstown

Also looking around for 09 upgrade SX6 wheels and Tyres, The ones i traded in were sold a bit 2 quick .

Edited by Liquid Metal SX6
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any problems i should if i was to use 18x7.5" with +48 offset on 235/40R18 tyres?

Have you not payed attention?

di-1128626756111.jpg

As for the additional tire size question, had you have plugged the figures into a tire size calculator, you would have found that they are smaller in diameter than stock so scrubbing won't be a problem. The tire size calculator will however tell you that there is a potential problem.

Any problems i should if i was to use 18x7.5" with +48 offset on 235/40R18 tyres?

[posted image]

As for the additional tire size question, had you have plugged the figures into a tire size calculator, you would have found that they are smaller in diameter than stock so scrubbing won't be a problem. The tire size calculator will however tell you that there is a potential problem.

To reply. NO :whistling:

I did check with 1010tires and the minimum for 235/40R18 was 8" wide so i thought 7.5" may be a problem. Going with 225/45R18 would cost me an extra $160 per tyre on top of the 235/40R18.

[posted image]

To reply. NO :whistling:

I did check with 1010tires and the minimum for 235/40R18 was 8" wide so i thought 7.5" may be a problem. Going with 225/45R18 would cost me an extra $160 per tyre on top of the 235/40R18.

235 on a 7.5 will be fine..... there are a few guys who have the kappas who are running that.

Why wouldn't u go 235/45/18 to keep the rolling diameter almost the same??

Because he is trying to get those (hopefully by the last bid) cheap 18 inch 'anz' wheels on eBay. Tires in 235/40R18 are more common and therefore cheaper than tires in the size of 235/45R18. Personally, if you are going to do something, do it right instead of trying to just save yourself some money at the expense of your own safety etc.

Because he is trying to get those (hopefully by the last bid) cheap 18 inch 'anz' wheels on eBay. Tires in 235/40R18 are more common and therefore cheaper than tires in the size of 235/45R18. Personally, if you are going to do something, do it right instead of trying to just save yourself some money at the expense of your own safety etc.

If u dont mind, could someone please explain to me the safety risk involved here? or link me to where it was explained and also what the middle number before the 'R' means. Thanks!

If u dont mind, could someone please explain to me the safety risk involved here? or link me to where it was explained and also what the middle number before the 'R' means. Thanks!

235/45/20

235 refers to the width, 45 refers to the Aspect ratio, and 20 for the rim size. http://www.carbonblack.com.au/car-tyres/tyre-information.aspx

Messing with the wheels in changing the rim size and tyre profile will mess with the speedo reading. It'll inaccurately point somewhere where in fact you might be actually going slower / faster hence safety and obvious financial problems, like speeding..

If u dont mind, could someone please explain to me the safety risk involved here?

Messing with the wheels in changing the rim size and tyre profile will mess with the speedo reading. It'll inaccurately point somewhere where in fact you might be actually going slower / faster hence safety and obvious financial problems, like speeding..

Not only that, if you mess with your rolling diameter to the point that it is a fair bit of a change (3% is usually the maximum change recommended), if this is in the negative direction (smaller) then that means that for a given speed, your wheels will be rotating faster. Your brakes will then be working harder as a result.