2zz Rebuild

runxz

If the VVT wasn't working properly what would be the cause of that? Stupid question but whats an obd2 scanner?

The usual cause when cams are changed is due to the VVT gear not being locked correctly during the change over.

Regarding OBD, it's a system where diagnostic equipement can be plugged into the car and various sensors can be monitored.

If the VVT wasn't working properly what would be the cause of that? Stupid question but whats an obd2 scanner?

The usual cause when cams are changed is due to the VVT gear not being locked correctly during the change over.

Regarding OBD, it's a system where diagnostic equipement can be plugged into the car and various sensors can be monitored.

Took a good look at the 2 videos of the 2 runs and the 2 graphs and i think its very possible that the vvl didnt kick in as aggressive in the 2nd run. I think the ecu must have tripped out because up to this morning i ran the car hard and vvl is definitely kicking in aggressively, not only do you hear it but u feel it. There was an instance once when i launched the car and wheel spin sent me to the limiter and when the car got traction it came back down to 6200 and lift never kicked in and im told this has happened before to other people. I wonder as i did both runs one after the other within seconds if the ecu went mad. lol.

• 1 year later...

i just about to get hold of an old 2zzge engine for my big rebuild as mine it up to 300 thousand on the clock

it going to have to take a lot as i have gone and got the parts to do a

combo supercharger and turbo when it is done i will put a link up so you all can see it

i just about to get hold of an old 2zzge engine for my big rebuild as mine it up to 300 thousand on the clock

it going to have to take a lot as i have gone and got the parts to do a

combo supercharger and turbo when it is done i will put a link up so you all can see it

OMG.

ages ago there was also a brashboys twincharger kit i believe but the reality is that its a lot of pain to go through but u know each to their own ..... atleast the lotus is RWD so that makes it exciting with all that power ;)

if its the AWD setup from the JDM runx then i think you may want to have a good think about whether it will be able to handle the abuse, extra torque & power that a boosted 2zz is going to push out ..... i mean check the figures out ...... these things arent exactly putting out big numbers

http://www.carinf.co...0d70411700.html (91 kW / 125 ps at 6000 rpm and 162 Nm at 4200 rpm)

http://www.carinf.co...3240411698.html (76 kW / 105 ps at 6000 rpm and 137 Nm at 4200 rpm)

The other big issue is the running of the shaft down the centre of the car to drive the rear wheels ...... u are more than likely going to need to take some meat off the chassis to pull this off -> the car is no longer road legal ..... no matter what you try and do to get in engineered.

I have searched long and hard to try and get a picture from under one of these runx's but have not been able to obtain one ..... so that would be an interesting pic to shed some light on the matter.

Even the bates worshop out of the ACT were doing this mod ages ago using the AWD out of the GT4 but the simplest of issues was it wasnt achieveable without rendering the car un-road worthy ....... So no i'd rather keep driving my car day to day thanks Duy :P :P :P :P

On the other hand if u r building a off-street track warrior i cant wait to see it.

-----edit ---------

a good read for u all

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0710_turp_awd_turbo_toyota_celica/viewall.html