Footwell easy guide

czaja74

So i managed to take off my glove box and take off the shielding to access the fuse but i couldn't get a look at which wire the the guide was pointing at (i am trying to hook my LEDS into the dome light) so i took another picture. Can some one please be ever so kind to show me which wires are the + and - for the domelight?

puvq.png

Thank you in advance :)

Edited by coolridge2

Sorry, I've erased my photos. The original ones came from DJKOR's site, but I'm having trouble getting back to them. Looks like Darrells moved on. That's unfortunate cause he' brilliant.

Know you have your car in pieces so I'll keep trying and get back asap.

btw He's on youtube DJKOR

Use your multi meter to make sure this red one is the one you want. The needle should move slightly during the "dim". If you havn't got a multi meter you could use a torch globe. My memory is pretty poor, but I have an inkling it was the orange one beside it. No responsibility taken :-)

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck with it.

post-21035-0-29773300-1396749102_thumb.j

Thanks heaps Tom, that's a huge help, ill try get onto it ASAP :P. Also Im assuming your arrow is pointing to the positive wire, how would i go about locating the ground?

Edited by coolridge2

• 10 months later...

Hi all, I have a 2011 camry atara sports and am trying to connect leds to the dome dimmable light and cant find the right wire..I have read the previous posts for an aurion which say tap into a wire behind the glove box. Would this be the same for my model. In my car I see 3 cream / green strip wires coming from the dome light down the a frame pillar to a connector and then down behind the dash. Could I tap into one of these or not and if not can someone please tell me which one and where to find it.Tried looking at the pictures posted by the aurion owner but cant get them to load.

Cheers.............

HI All

Yes yet another guide for the popular mod. This time it is easy to follow. I have attached photos of the wirring where you need to hook up your lights.

I take no responsibiility if you mess your car. If after reading he guide you have a question please ask and I will be happy to help.

To wire up rear lights you need to remove rear/front door scuffs and the panels behind the front seat belts.

Here are the wires you need to tap into for the rear lights:

p1020942v.th.jpg

This is the way I mounted the strip. Do this for the second rear light as well. The wiring will look identical.

p1020945.th.jpg

Here are the wires you need to tap into on the driver side.

p10209480.th.jpg

Again LED strip mounted.

p1020952v.th.jpg

Here are the wires you need to tap into on the pasanger side:

p1020953z.th.jpg

If you prefer Dome Light style here is the photo of the wires you need. The white one is positive and the brown is negative.

p10209750.th.jpg

Final result:

p1020954.th.jpg

p10209550.th.jpg

Hope someone will find it useful.

Can we PLEASE keep reposting these photo's if not remove and delete this post, as it a waste of time look ALL MEMBER'S here TO find the photo's do not work?

Please reply on this matter the moderator or owner of this section?

Drew

The photos are hosted on an external hosting website. There is nothing we can do to retrieve them. You could try and contact the original poster to get the links fixed.

Hi guys, I did this mod awhile ago, I hadn't found this thread though so I was just figuring it out myself.

Anyway, I did it all to the the out put of the distribution board behind the glove box. Doing it this way that all face on when you unlock with the remote turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition, and open the door.

I just wanted to note for those that don't know it's the negative that fades not the positive. The positive is always live and the negative fades when told to.

My apologise for not putting up photos, I didn't think of it at the time. There may be some pics that have captured it in my profile pics, but I will try to put some up tomorrow if I'm free.

Just in regard to LED's, I get mine from a supplier in Nerang QLD, forgive me I forget his name but will find out and update later. He always provides good quality product at a decent price. I've done the front of my car, the inside of the cabin and the boot and it's cost approx $45.

I found the pic above on my computer, I have a scanned copy of the genuine Toyota installations instructions also. Tried to upload them but it says I cant use them on this community. Is photobucket not compatible with here anymore?

Edited by SATORI893