Silver-Aurion's Ride *UPDATE: 04/10/13 page 4!*

Silver-Aurion

Can't believe I haven't seen this before, nice clean upgrades, especially the audio(inside the car). The dash looks really odd without the factory style units. Would look better with that boot wiring tidied up.

So painted all the door handles today. Picture doesn't do much justice but after the clear coat over it, the black really pops!

With very fine sandpaper I sandpapered the silver off them to bare plastic then put 5 light layers of gloss black then 2 layers of clear.

photo-3.jpg

Today had to unscrew all the cables to reposition the amp & monoblock etc.

BEST decision ever. I used to have my sub facing the rear seat. Now I turned it around and what a HUUUGE difference in bass. I'm loving it!

photo-4.jpg

:D

Thanks man. To be honest, you will get the hang of it. The first time I tried I failed miserably and I put the wrap in the shed for months until I decided to have another crack at it until I got the hang of it

It was a lot of trial and error and wasting a lot of wrap in the process BUT I really understand now how to use the stuff, where to fold, heat, etc. You start to get an understanding on how to do it to prevent air bubbles and annoying creases etc :).

how do you take the inserts out? and did you have to somehow take off the door handle for it or just wrap as is

Hi mate, sorry about the late reply. Not sure if you've already found your answer but here:

Go to the second post on DJKOR's and you'll see how it's removed :)

Mate good job with the wrapping looks good. I started to do mine but even when I got it in perfectly I wasn't happy with the look so I opted to get them painted in piano black.

Yeah. Not sure why you wouldn't like it. IMO it looks really really good. Colours blend in awesome. Piano black is scary, the swirling is bad isn't it?

Edited by Silver-Aurion

how do you take the inserts out? and did you have to somehow take off the door handle for it or just wrap as is

Hi mate, sorry about the late reply. Not sure if you've already found your answer but here: http://au.toyotaowne...panel-question/

Go to the second post on DJKOR's and you'll see how it's removed :)

Thanks heaps mate, ill look into doing it! came out awesome, hopefully i can get used to vinyl wrapping :)

You can get it from ebay squich. Cheap and they have a variety of colours and patterns to choose from.

Nice quick, easy and cheap mod that can change the look of ur interior dramatically. :D

I still love the original looks of the prodigy :(. If i cud have prodigy interior in my sx6 i wud . :(

Man u can wrap way beta than i can silver aurion hahaha

Woohoo! Looks sooooooo much better. The colours really all blend in now on the dash and handles etc :)

Untitled-4.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

really nice, put them on yourself ??

how much did it cost you

• Like 1

^^

Yeah, I put them on myself :). You can buy here: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=3m+carbon+fibre+&_sacat=0&_odkw=3m+carbon+fibre+vinyl&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Heaps of choices to pick from.

On another note, what ya guys think? Took a quick shot of it with the iPhone last night :)

photo2-3.jpg

photo1-1.jpg